HALLOWEEN III: Tis The Season Of The Witch!

RUSHHEAD666

What Do You Think About The Horror Film HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think About The Horror Film HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH?

• I hate it.
    • I like it.
    • I love it.
    • I don't think about it.

I'm digging all of the Carpenter Love right now on TRF.

I know John did not direct "Halloween III" but he was involved with the music score. I love that soundtrack by the way. Alan Howarth is also very good at what he does on the synthesizers!

Anyway with Halloween right around the corner I figured this would be a good time to talk about a movie that most people hate. (I think)

Hopefully I'm wrong but as an original "Halloween" lover, I'm one of the rare guys who also totally loves "Halloween III."

What do you think?

Earl

Total cheese, but I found humor in it back in the day. Hardly a movie worth a discussion. Edited by tick
  • Like 1

That one disturbs me. Jamie Lee Curtis actually loops in the voice of a telephone operator in one scene.

Any movie where children may be victims doesn't sit well with me.

I hate that one scene where they test the mask on a kid. The doctor in the movie played in The Fog. The woman who played his wife played in the Fog also and in the original Halloween as Annie, the pot smoking daughter who becomes victim of Michael Myers.

• Like 1

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 23 2009, 04:43 PM)
Total cheese, but I found humor in it back in the day. Hardly a movie worth a discussion.

Hey Tick!

There are lots of things to discuss here.

Even though it is pure cheese and is completely far fetched I will forever love this movie.

One thing though really "bugs" the hell out of me. LOL!

Let's break this down.

Please let me know if this makes sense or that I am totally off base.

What I have a problem with is the TIME ZONE issue.

By that I mean the "big giveaway" is at 9:00pm PST.

The movie takes place ins Santa Mira on the West Coast.

If that were the case then it would be Midnight back on the East Coast.

That would be way too late for children to watch the boob tube wearing those evil masks with the microchip and Stonehenge particle inside the plastic label. (who the hell thought of that?) INSANE!

Anyway it would seem that the only children whose brains would turn into snakes, spiders and flies would be the kids on the West Coast.

Also Tom Atkins does stop two of the channels from airing the Silver Shamrock commercial.

The movie cuts to the credits before showing the audience what happens.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 23 2009, 04:47 PM)
That one disturbs me. Jamie Lee Curtis actually loops in the voice of a telephone operator in one scene.

I hate that one scene where they test the mask on a kid. The doctor in the movie played in The Fog. The woman who played his wife played in the Fog also and in the original Halloween as Annie, the pot smoking daughter who becomes victim of Michael Myers.

Hey Tree!

That is excellent "Halloween" knowledge!

I knew Tom Atkins was in "The Fog." He also picks up Jamie Lee Curtis on the side of the road hitch hicking.

I loved the scene when they tested the mask on the kid. It was sick and twisted man.

A buddy and I snuck into the theater to see it.

I was way too young for that kind of movie back then in what 1982?

Heck I couldn't sleep that night.

Another scene that freaked me out was when the lady started to mess with the chip in the back of the plastic logo and the laser shot into her mouth and bugs and spiders started to crawl out of her mouth and nose.

Yuck.

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Sep 23 2009, 07:42 PM)
Never seen it, so I must abstain. I'm not really that big a fan of horror movies. They are all the same, in my opinion.

Shit Blender! Then don't read my posts!

This movie is way the fukk out there man.

I think you might like it.

Or hate it.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 23 2009, 10:44 PM)

Hey Tree!

I knew Tom Atkins was in "The Fog." He also picks up Jamie Lee Curtis on the side of the road hitch hicking.

I loved the scene when they tested the mask on the kid. It was sick and twisted man.

Another scene that freaked me out was when the lady started to mess with the chip in the back of the plastic logo and the laser shot into her mouth and bugs and spiders started to crawl out of her mouth and nose.

Yuck.

More trivia:

when the lady in the hotel room is examining the mask label she is listening to the radio. The song that is playing on the radio is also played in The Fog when Adrienne is driving up the coast on her way to the lighthouse.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 23 2009, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 23 2009, 10:44 PM)

Hey Tree!

Yuck.

More trivia:

when the lady in the hotel room is examining the mask label she is listening to the radio. The song that is playing on the radio is also played in The Fog when Adrienne is driving up the coast on her way to the lighthouse.

You have totally blown my mind tonight.

Thank you!

I never knew that either and I call myself a Halloween Fanatic!

I can't wait to watch "The Fog" and "Halloween III" next month!

By the way, I always watch "Halloween" on Halloween with my woman.

Been doing it ever since I met her.

Jesus, that's 15 years in a row!! 2 years dating and 13 years married.

We got married on October 13th because Wendy didn't want to get married on October 31st.

I tried, and failed yet I did manage to switch the numbers around!

Too bad it wasn't Friday The 13th on October 13th back then! wink.gif

Signed,

Jason Voorhies

Halloween III was initially the first of what was supposed to be a series of films every Halloween with a different story. Since this one bombed, that idea was scrapped.

I love the opening scene with the credits. The synthesizer music is so eerie.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 25 2009, 05:57 PM)
I watched it for the first time last year...I found it more funny than scary. Total cheese to my jaded eyes. Maybe when it was released it was creepy?

I don't like the gore in it. And I don't like it when children are the ones who are a target to be killed.

Here it is!! Just a night after Halloween! Watched this movie last night. The "little Buddy" Test Room A death scene is absolutely off the charts graphic!

When I saw that part for the first time in the theater I was freaked out for a week!!

"Halloween III Season Of The Witch" is EPIC! It's on reissued blu-ray now with tons of extra tricks and treats!!!!!!

• Like 1

5/10.. Not a great film and responsible for the failure of a good idea. Really would have been great if Halloween became an anthology series after this, but nope, everyone wants Myers and the same movie to be made again instead.

I totally agree with you on that! I remember! Carpenter was PISSED when they came to him and asked him to just do "Halloween II." John didn't even want to do that one! I remember the quote from John, "It took me a pack of cigarettes and a six pack of beer every night to write it."

"Halloween IV" and "V" are ok with the little girl but yeah it got real old after that! 6 7 8 SUCK!! Then the Rob Zombie shit remakes BLOW! But I'm a Carpenter fanatic so fukk it.

Carpenter wanted to take the anthology and make it into a series filled with different movies with different plots! Have you ever seen Carpenter's "Body Bags?"

The one thing about "Halloween III" that does drive me nuts is the TIME ZONE issues!

Santa Mira is in California. Well the big giveaway is at 9 pm. That means The Big Giveaway would either be on at 6 pm Eastern Time or 12 AM Eastern.

That's the only thing that drives me nuts.

Also how do they really steal a slab of Stonehenge and haul it to California?

So yes, it is corny and far fetched but I just love it.

9/10

• Like 1

The one thing about "Halloween III" that does drive me nuts is the TIME ZONE issues!

Santa Mira is in California. Well the big giveaway is at 9 pm. That means The Big Giveaway would either be on at 6 pm Eastern Time or 12 AM Eastern.

9/10

:LOL: Great point with the time zones. I don't see it to be anywhere near a 9/10 but I can certainly see why it would have good cult status / value. To me it's certainly the second best Halloween film, 2nd to the original.. also, Stacey Nelkin is HAWT.

9/10

:LOL: Great point with the time zones. I don't see it to be anywhere near a 9/10 but I can certainly see why it would have good cult status / value. To me it's certainly the second best Halloween film, 2nd to the original.. also, Stacey Nelkin is HAWT.

Hahaha! Thanks!! But WOW!! WE AGREE!! "Halloween" and "Halloween III" are my top two films of all time!! Cheers!!!

Nelkin is HOT!!

"Where do you want to sleep, Dr. Challis?"

"(Stares down at her) That's a dumb question Miss Grimbridge."

Love it!

I love the "misfire" scene with the sales rep in the motel room. That scene always FREAKED ME OUT!!!!

Actually now that I think about it. The robots in suits sort of remind me of The Shape. Michael Myers in a suit!!

They are always looming in doorways. The one who walks through the hospital to get Ellie's dad with the pumpkin mask. "Halloween II" ish!

It's alright I guess. Kind of unexpectedly gross in places, like that laser that shoots through the guy's face (I think I'm remembering that right). Pretty dark too, I don't think it has much of a happy ending to say the least haha.

The original '78 is one of my very favorite movies of all-time, the second one was more disgusting than very good (hot tub face melt, anyone?), and then they all start to sort of slide downward from there.*

*Redeeming factor for some of those middle films is Dr. Sam Loomis, who totally kills every scene he's in. So awesome. My favorite in - I think it was part 4 or 5 - he goes up to the little girl and says that a little 8 year old girl's grave was just dug up and gets right in her face : "YOU'RE AN EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRL, AREN'T YOU STEPHANIE???!!" or something like that LOL, it's hollywood gold if you ask me.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

It's alright I guess. Kind of unexpectedly gross in places, like that laser that shoots through the guy's face (I think I'm remembering that right). Pretty dark too, I don't think it has much of a happy ending to say the least haha.

The original '78 is one of my very favorite movies of all-time, the second one was more disgusting than very good (hot tub face melt, anyone?), and then they all start to sort of slide downward from there.*

*Redeeming factor for some of those middle films is Dr. Sam Loomis, who totally kills every scene he's in. So awesome. My favorite in - I think it was part 4 or 5 - he goes up to the little girl and says that a little 8 year old girl's grave was just dug up and gets right in her face : "YOU'RE AN EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRL, AREN'T YOU STEPHANIE???!!" or something like that LOL, it's hollywood gold if you ask me.

Hahaha! I get what you mean! Actually 4 and 5 aren't bad at all! Donald Pleasance is my favorite actor next to Jack Nicholson.

Yep, "Halloween" and The Shining." The best!

• Like 1

I have the entire Halloween franchise, including the remakes, but never once have I watched the third one.

That's crazy!! I want you to watch it and then give me a quick review!!

Michael Myers ain't in it! :o