Geddy Lee and Bob Dylan

Tom Sawyer

Ok, honestly, Geddy Lee's voice has been bashed beyond belief over the last 30 years, just as Bob Dylans voice has been bashed beyond belief for the last 40 years. I'm not tone deaf or a glutten for punishment!

But I have come to the most simple conclusion, that it's a choice of tolerance and tastes, I love Geddy Lee's voice because it's Geddy Lee, and it brings to the mix of Rush as the sound I've come to love and embrace for the last few decades. The same goes for Dylan, some people say "how could you like Dylans nasally voice?" Because, It's simply Dylan and I love the package, the Lyrics, the depth that the songs are delivered in.

Well I just wanted to confess, I understand Geddy's and Bob's voices are not beautiful and smooth, but they have both mellowed with age, Geddy more so, but I love these guys for every note they have belched, perfect or not, they are both great in my opinion.

boarder.gif

I ged it too ... nice frame!

Concerning Dylan ... he is more of a story teller ... his vocal qualities is secondary to the song's content IMHO ...

But, to address the comparison ... at least Ged is on pitch smile.gif

But, to address the comparison ... at least Ged is on pitch

That and his diction's a heck of a lot better than Dylan's. One thing I love about Rush is that you can always tell what Geddy's singing about.

Great post!! I wub.gif Geddy's voice yes.gif that's what caught my ear when i first heard 2.gif along with the music it was different. While we who are old enough to remember listening to Dylan, led zeppelin, lynard skynard, kiss. bad co. ect.. back then I felt like 2.gif Geddy were like REBELS of sort. Everyone going OOOHHH sad.gif what's that sh** who is the singer scared.gif but I looked at it as this guy is on fire yes.gif a whole new energy in "rock music" Kind of like breaking the mold of the status quo 653.gif something new. Well, I have been hooked ever since 77' and like the boys' say... WILL SE WHO'S ROCKIN LAST 653.gif 653.gif 2.gif 2.gif

At first I didn't like Geddy's voice, but over time it grew on me a lot. Nowadays, I, (and I'm sure everyone else feels the same) just couldn't imagine Rush without Ged singing. It's one of the things that makes them so unique.

QUOTE (DoubleAgent420 @ Mar 15 2005, 07:12 AM)
At first I didn't like Geddy's voice, but over time it grew on me a lot. Nowadays, I, (and I'm sure everyone else feels the same) just couldn't imagine Rush without Ged singing. It's one of the things that makes them so unique.

I agree, I think they both nose how to sing! laugh.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 14 2005, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (RushWife @ Mar 14 2005, 07:04 PM)
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0d4ga/Rush%20I%20Ged%20It.jpg

laugh.gif That's great!

Yes, it is...I need one that says, umm...

"I NEIL and worship Rush..."

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Mar 15 2005, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (DoubleAgent420 @ Mar 15 2005, 07:12 AM)

I agree, I think they both nose how to sing! laugh.gif

Well said rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Archived