My Tribute to Steel Rat

Schro

I just would like to say a few words about our resident Struggling Anagramist, aka Steel Rat. The Word Scramble game has been going on since last October, and our hero Steel Rat has been following it most of that time.

Too my knowledge, poor Steel Rat hasn't solved a puzzle once. sad.gif This is no knock against Mr. Rat, the puzzles are hard and those of us who are getting some of them are permanently warped in some other manner ph34r.gif , outcasts of society and finding a small hovel of refuge in the TRF Word Scramble thread.

But the Iron Rodent just refuses to give up. 1287.gif He just keeps slugging away even though he's not once got a base hit. And this post is my tribute to his perserverence. Take a look at a sampling of his series of posts in the thread to see his earnest in action.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Nov 22 2004, 10:06 PM)

This is absolutely ingenious  tongue.gif  I get the feeling yall are cheating, finding these from the internet.

If that's not the case, who can give me tips on how to make these anagrams, so I, the lonely child who never had any fun, can have some fun?

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 9 2005, 10:16 PM)

Ya'll are mind freaks!  wacko.gif Can we like... make an easier version of this, because I was stumped

over "Presto!" Serious! We need entertainment for the less-advanced types smile.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 15 2005, 10:30 AM)

I'm no good at this!

fists crying.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 15 2005, 02:32 PM)

Steel Rat, you can do this!!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 18 2005, 08:12 PM)

CURSES!! tongue.gif

I was so close!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 22 2005, 03:44 PM)
*Waiting impatiently for the next anagram* Let's go, Moon!! 

mad.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 26 2005, 08:40 PM)

trink38.gif Brilliant strategy!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 29 2005, 12:31 AM)

Ok... Here's one I'mma take serious...

I'mma get this one, dangit!!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 13 2005, 12:59 PM )

...I bet there's a clue in here somewhere that I'm not seeing...

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 13 2005, 01:09 PM)

Alright... I thought about the introduction post and I thought about something... I might get it!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 13 2005, 01:17 PM)

OOOOOOOOOHHH I'm so close, I KNOW I AM!!

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Feb 13 2005, 12:59 PM)

Well done Steel Rat....but unfortunately incorrect. Please try again.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 13 2005, 01:58 PM )

How long before we get some hints??

sad.gif

I swear, if I get just ONE HINT, I'll have this one..

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 20 2005, 06:42 PM)

Where's AK? sad.gif I want my anagram puzzle!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 23 2005, 05:48 PM)

HOORAY! We're on again!!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 27 2005, 04:44 PM)

...Waiting...  sad.gif

Mr. Rat has stayed with us through it all. And, as you can see, when the thread goes idle for a bit, he's almost always the one to try and get things started again.

This game started as an innocent 10 letter anagrams and now has escalated into 30 to 40 letter insane puzzles (The record is Bastille Night who submitted a 48 letter monster - I'm proud to say I was able to crack that one cool.gif ).

Mr. Rat, I compiled a few more quotes here just to show you that others of us get frustrated as well..

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 11 2005, 10:24 AM)

Woohoo Rolinda! You got it!!   

Excellent work. Of course, now you have the onerous task of lifting poor Madra out of the deep depression he'll likely succumb to after working on this one so hard and not getting it.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Feb 12 2005, 05:46 AM)

Madra goes over to the corner and bangs his head against the wall in frustration and applauds Rolinda.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Feb 17 2005, 12:46 PM)

Memo to self - Instead of coming up with funny wrong answers, try concentrating on working out the right one you dipstick!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 24 2005, 02:49 PM)

Seriously, is that really the clue?

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 11 2005, 12:55 AM)

Alright, I dub thee "the most aggravating game ever"!!!

First, I'm stumped for numerous days on Shro's last clue, only to find out that it was from the same song that I submitted as a clue quite recently.

Then, I triumphantly solved Madra's puzzle and came to the board to post my answer........only to find out that Schro had beat me to the punch by a good hour.  mad.gif

I guess I'm just saying I would to take a moment to tip my cap to Steel Rat. Sure this is just a game, but he's an inspriation to all of us to keep plodding on against the endless winter storm. Or maybe he's just hanging out with some Rush buddies. Either way is fine, we like havin' ya!

As a parting gesture, I'd like to submit a Rush song excerpt that might give Steel Rat a moment of solace

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

It's cold comfort

To the ones without it

To know how they struggled-

How they suffered about it

If their lives were exotic and strange

They would likely have gladly exchanged them

For something a little more plain

Maybe something a little more sane

We each pay a fabulous price

For our solutions in the TRF Word Scramble thread

But a spirit with a vision

Is a dream with a mission...

P.S. Truth be told, we're not cheating. We just have a strong drive to work on things other than our real jobs! (never underestimate such a motivation)

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 14 2005, 02:30 PM)

It's cold comfort
To the ones without it
To know how they struggled-
How they suffered about it

If their lives were exotic and strange
They would likely have gladly exchanged them
For something a little more plain
Maybe something a little more sane

We each pay a fabulous price
For our solutions in the TRF Word Scramble thread
But a spirit with a vision
Is a dream with a mission...

P.S.  Truth be told, we're not cheating.  We just have a strong drive to work on things other than our real jobs!  (never underestimate such a motivation)

rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

yer killin me, Schro

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Hang in there, Steel Rat. cheer.gif If I can solve one, you can solve one. yes.gif

You know you can do it Steel Rat!!!

Just shuffle the letters around, stand back and look at them, bang your head on the table a few times, and repeat. Eventually it will come to you. 1287.gif

Disclaimer: This technique has worked for me, and I cannot guarantee that it will work for everyone.

laugh.gif Gee, Thanks, Schro!

Wow, I never knew I was such a great member of the games forum!

It's not just the anagrams that I can't get, I've never really gotten an answer to any of the riddles in here. tongue.gif But For sure, my rattish perseverence will prevail!

trink39.gif 1287.gif trink36.gif Thanks, everyone!

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 16 2005, 07:43 PM)
I think he just used up all his "correct" answers in the guess the clip contests. laugh.gif

tongue.gif Yup!