Circus Maximus

yyzyy

Just wondering if anyone here has heard of 'Circus Maximus'. They are from Norway and are kick ass! I'd compare them somewhere between Dream Theater & Symphony X. At first I found them to be way too similar to Dream Theater, but after a closer inspection, I've noticed they are very unique.

So far, they have 2 albums - 'The 1st Chapter' & 'Isolate'. The better of the two is 'Isolate'. Great album! They are currently in the studio working on their third studio album...going to be a doozy!

Just giving everyone a head's up!

WICKED TRACKS

A Darkened Mind

Wither

Sane No More**

Mouth of Madness

The 1st Chapter

**the best!!

www.myspace.com/officialcm

WICKED EH?! Just bought 'Isolate' 2 weeks ago. Haven't really listened to 'The 1st Chapter' too much, but the title track is mind-blowing...very reminiscent to 'The Odyssey' by SX!!

1022.gif CIRCUS MAXIMUS 1022.gif

Hey...I finally heard Circus Maximus, after a friend of mine insisted a couple of weeks until I checked them out. OH MY GOD!!! It´s Dream Theater minus the wankery plus a more modern vocal. I only heard their album "Nine" so far, but will check out their other stuff today. But the feeling I got was similar to when I heard DT´s Images & Words for the first time. Another awesome band to follow!

Updated to say that the track "Sane no More" is quite cool, although it´s a ripoff of a bunch of Dream Theater licks, keyboard solos and drum patterns, put together with Michael Romeo´s guitar sound. But this song has found its way into my brain now, and I´m listening to it on repeat since yesterday!!!

And I see they did that song "Wind". If the song is the one I am thinking of, I finally got the album in the eighties from the House of Oldies that used to be, maybe still is, on Bleecker Street in the Village. If you can find the song Wind on the internet, it is worth giving it a listen. A very beautiful and ethereal sounding song. In my opinion of course. :)