Nhl 2009-2010

Der Trommler

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Aug 22 2009, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 20 2009, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 20 2009, 01:36 PM)
What a coach. too bad he never won the cup when in buffalo though.

poor buffalo...one of these days.

But Buffalo DID win the Stanley Cup!!!

Oh wait, that was in the movie "Bruce Almighty" never mind.

I never got that part in the movie though. Sure they win the Cup in the movie, that's fine, but the reporter goes: "It's Buffalo's first Cup in 22 years," or something like that. I always thought that was odd.

Well, that is odd....Do you think it was a typo or did the writer really feel the Sabres won a Cup ("No Goal!!! ohmy.gif ) before! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

We'll see who's laughing at the end of the year tongue.gif

GO SABRES!

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 26 2009, 08:39 PM)

sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

We'll see who's laughing at the end of the year tongue.gif

GO SABRES!

Yes, yes we will... yes.gif

tongue.gif

GO PENS!!!!!!!!

2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to another Gary Bettman and Colin Campbell led NHL season. trink39.gif

Where all that matters is the money. May the best team win? Not so much. May the team that will sell the most seats win. May we put the best games possible on the ice? No, because that hockey wasn't "fun" wasn't "exciting." Let's put a shadow of what made our game great on the ice, and try and say it's the same game we all fell in love with.

Here's to another season of where two goalies can stand on their heads through 65 minutes of Ice time, only for one to lose and feel inferior knowing he lost the game. As well to the shootout, for without the shootout, the game would be "less exciting."

Here's to illegal hits by star players, going unnoticed or under punished. To checks to the head and from behind only receiving minor penalties, unless the player is in a crippled state. To overreactions on a hit that is clean, that leads to a fight.

Here's to inconsistent officiating, when there is supposed to be no "grey areas" left in the rules. To players, who may unintentionally flip the puck over the boards, and receive a penalty for it. Or even hit the puck out of the air, and have it slip over the boards.

Here's to defense men who are not supposed to use their sticks to move guys out of the front of the net, or from the boards, that still use their sticks to do just those things. To which, they do not receive a penalty.

Here's to another season of where a team personal, whether it be a player, general manager, head coach etc, not being able to speak their minds about the game, how it may have been called, etc. Because if they do, a fine shall be issued.

Here's to the players, who demand these super high contracts, and many do not perform up to the standard of which their contracts should have set.

Here's to Colin Campbell, who only seems to get it right half the time or less. I wish you would start doing your job properly.

Finally, but certainly not least. Here's to Gary Bettman. A King among men. For truly sir, you have made this game into exactly what you want. You don't care what others think of what you have done for the league. The league is now very profitable. You have put us through a lockout, due to that evil EVIL NHLPA. For without you Mr. Bettman, hockey as we know it today would be much different.

It would be REAL HOCKEY. If you knew what was best for the league Mr. Bettman, you would step down and let someone who knows what they're doing run this league. Maybe just maybe there will be hope for the league in the future.

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Aug 26 2009, 11:09 PM)
Let's go Rangers.

Rangers?! Someone from NJ & is not a Devil's fan?

unsure.gif

Are you not sure which team to root for? rofl3.gif

Maybe the Pens could use another bandwagon fan. Every year there's always thousands who follow a team that just won or came close to winning the Cup....

Sorry, I'm joking with you. At least you're following an Original Six. Plus, it could be worse, you could be rooting for the Montreal Re-Habs! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 27 2009, 12:59 PM)
Can someone name the Original Six for me?

I know that the Rangers and Red Wings are in that list.

Are Chicago, Montreal, Boston and Philadelphia the other 4?

Boston, Montreal, Chicago, Detroit, NYR, Toronto

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 27 2009, 01:00 PM)

Wow, 5 of 6 is pretty good for a non-hockey guy! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 27 2009, 01:01 PM)

It is...now there is a team which was around during the Original Six that has it's name back again. I can guarantee only a few people can name this team that is back. Can you name the team?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 27 2009, 01:04 PM)
It is...now there is a team which was around during the Original Six that has it's name back again. I can guarantee only a few people can name this team that is back. Can you name the team?

Probably not, but I'll try anyway.

Is it the Barons?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 27 2009, 12:04 PM)

Ottawa Senators?

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 27 2009, 01:18 PM)

Ottawa Senators?

Correct!!! Very good. It's not the same team but they brought the name back when they got approved for the expansion team there.

What's wrong with this name: Washington Capitals.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 27 2009, 01:29 PM)

Ottawa Senators?

Correct!!! Very good. It's not the same team but they brought the name back when they got approved for the expansion team there.

CRAP, I knew that. doh.gif

What's wrong with the Capitals? Same thing that's wrong with the Nationals.......the name is stupid is unimaginitive.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 27 2009, 12:29 PM)

Ottawa Senators?

Isn't the kind of capitol that Washington is the kind that ends TOL instead of TAL?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 27 2009, 01:04 PM)

Further to the Senators, Pittsburgh also had a team back in those days called the Pirates but by the time they even got a hockey team back the name had already been taken by Pittsburgh's baseball team thus the Penguins.

The 1960s / 1970s Pens jerseys very much like the ones they wore at the winter classic, the baby blue ones. Something I never knew until today was that when they wanted to change their jerseys to the black and gold in 1980 Boston protested to the league about them wanting to use the same colors however Pittsburgh pulled out the precedent of their first NHL team the Pirates having used those same colors and won the decision.

http://www.penguinjersey.com/PiratesPages/PiratesART/2930PiratesJersey.jpg

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 27 2009, 03:04 PM)
Uh oh Direct TV subscribers..............

Greedy Bastards!!!!

Count me as one of the unlucky. Limited SCP coverage for me this year. sad.gif

Well it looks like NHL Centre Ice again this year for me! All the games biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 27 2009, 08:28 PM)

Greedy Bastards!!!!

Count me as one of the unlucky.  Limited SCP coverage for me this year.  sad.gif

Well it looks like NHL Centre Ice again this year for me! All the games biggrin.gif

I get center ice but they only carry the first round of the playoffs. After that its all versus during the week with NBC butchering a couple games on the weekend. My team plays 7 games on versus this year which will be blacked out on Center ice and local channels as well so I will miss those. I will still get to watch alot of hockey but I will miss quite a bit compared to previous years. Not being able to watch most of the playoffs will hurt the most.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Aug 28 2009, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 27 2009, 08:28 PM)

Greedy Bastards!!!!

Count me as one of the unlucky.  Limited SCP coverage for me this year.  sad.gif

I get center ice but they only carry the first round of the playoffs. After that its all versus during the week with NBC butchering a couple games on the weekend. My team plays 7 games on versus this year which will be blacked out on Center ice and local channels as well so I will miss those. I will still get to watch alot of hockey but I will miss quite a bit compared to previous years. Not being able to watch most of the playoffs will hurt the most.

That's weird I got all 300 games last year. But I'd usually watch CBC when they had a game I wanted to watch on cause I like Don Cherry's Coach's Corner.

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

CANUCKS SIGN SCHNEIDER; TRADE FOR EHRHOFF AND LUKOWICH

The Vancouver Canucks have added a lot of depth to their blueline in a short period of time. The team has acquired defencemen Christian Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for defenceman Daniel Rahimi and forward Patrick White. Vancouver also announced on Friday that they have inked veteran defenceman Mathieu Schneider to a contract.

In 77 games for the Sharks last season, Ehrhoff counted eight goals and 34 assists. He will be entering his sixth NHL season after playing his entire career in San Jose. The 27-year old was a fourth-round choice of the Sharks in the 2001 draft. He has two years remaining on a three-year deal that he signed as a restricted free agent with San Jose in the summer of 2008.

Lukowich, a 33-year old native of Cranbrook, B.C., recorded eight assists in 58 games for San Jose last year. He is an 11-year NHL veteran who was originally a fourth-round pick of the New York Islanders in 1994. He won the Stanley Cup as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004.

We are pleased to be adding Christian and Brad to our defensive group," said Mike Gillis in a press release. "Defence has been an area we wanted to add skill and depth to and this trade has strengthened our group considerably."

In exchange, the Canucks give up a pair of recent draft picks. Rahimi was selected in the third round in 2006, and played the last two seasons with the Manitoba Moose of the AHL. White was Vancouver's first round pick (25th overall) in 2007, and played last season for the University of Minnesota.

The deal allows the Sharks to clear some significant salary cap space for the coming season.

"This trade speaks to the confidence we have in the young players coming up through our system who have earned the right to compete for a spot on this team," said Sharks general manager Doug Wilson in a release.

At the age of 40, Schneider will be joining his ninth club over 19 seasons in the league. The veteran split last season between the Montreal Canadiens and the Atlanta Thrashers, and scored a combined nine goals and 23 assists in 64 games. Originally drafted by the Canadiens in 1987, Schneider has a long resume that includes a Stanley Cup win with the Habs in 1993, along with appearances in two Olympics and two World Cups for Team USA.

I ain't so sure about the Schneider signing, but Ehrhoff and Lukowich should be great additions to the anemic Canuck blueline.

Hopefully Gillis can get rid of some of the other dead weight back there.