THE BEER THREAD

daveyt

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 30 2006, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 30 2006, 03:00 AM)
QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Jun 29 2006, 08:38 PM)
It was an education nonetheless!

yo i got ur education with MURPHY'S brotha yes.gif

Even though you spelled it the gangsta way, that's still a racial slur as far as this board is concerned.

wacko.gif

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I cant drink any stout at all 062802puke_prv.gif I tried a really nice Japanese beer the other night KIRIN its really smooth. Edited by different strings

I'm driniking a sierra nevada stout right now. I'm liking it.

I'm driniking a sierra nevada stout right now. I'm liking it.

I'm suprised to see that no one has mentioned Kokanee Pale Ale. It's a fine brew, very smooth. It's made in Creston BC from the finest hops and barley and of course glacier fresh water. They also have the best beer commercials on tv. Look for it. I'm pretty sure it's available in the US also.

Guiness like all imports is hit or miss. The guiness in the can charged with nitrogen ( I think ) is much better in my opinion than bottled. They may be bottling it now with nitrogen now though.

There are much better stouts out there though than Guiness.

An interesting note about Guiness is that it is actually quite low in alcoholic content and in calories.

Guest NoDeity

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 27 2006, 09:53 AM)
I'm suprised to see that no one has mentioned Kokanee Pale Ale. It's a fine brew, very smooth. It's made in Creston BC from the finest hops and barley and of course glacier fresh water. They also have the best beer commercials on tv. Look for it. I'm pretty sure it's available in the US also.

Are you sure? I didn't recall having ever seen a Kokanee pale ale so I went to the Kokanee web site and found that they only list lagers (a pilsner style lager, a light lager, and an amber lager).

Edited by NoDeity

Sorry, my mistake.......you'll have to excuse me for sometimes I'm a little slow......you know, I'm artistic.

Anyway.....Kokanee is a pilsner, brewed by the Columbia Brewing Co. which also brews Kootenay Pale Ale. Two very fine beers.

Guest NoDeity

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 14 2006, 03:12 PM)
Sorry, my mistake.......you'll have to excuse me for sometimes I'm a little slow......you know, I'm artistic.
Anyway.....Kokanee is a pilsner, brewed by the Columbia Brewing Co. which also brews Kootenay Pale Ale. Two very fine beers.

I prefer pilsners to lagers, pale ales to pilsners, and IPAs to pale ales. Currently, my favourite IPA is Hop Head by Tree Brewing -- but there are many, many IPAs I haven't tried yet.

2003 - Gold Medal - US Beer Tasting Championship - Imperial Stout

Behold the stunning crimson hues through the inky blackness. Inhale the noble Hallertau hops, spicy and floral. Savor the flavors redolent of English toffee, rich mocha, sweet molasses, candied currants and a hint of anise. We highly recommend cellaring additional bottles, as the Czar will continue to mature and become denser and more complex with age.

http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/autopics/745.jpg

ok i am tired of drinking stouts and i have a bunch of leftover beers from last night.

is it too early to drink? eh.gif i got a double-bastard in the fridge but i think i'll pass. got some quality german imports in the cooler in the car plus an ommegang and an imperial porter plus a few MICKEY'S!.

i had this before i went to bed and i woke up crawling for water:

http://www.worldsbeer.com/newbottles/st_bernardus_abt_12.jpg

http://www.victorybeer.com/images/beer_v12.jpg

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 14 2007, 12:00 PM)
ok i am tired of drinking stouts and i have a bunch of leftover beers from last night.

is it too early to drink? eh.gif i got a double-bastard in the fridge but i think i'll pass. got some quality german imports in the cooler in the car plus an ommegang and an imperial porter plus a few MICKEY'S!.

i had this before i went to bed and i woke up crawling for water:

http://www.worldsbeer.com/newbottles/st_bernardus_abt_12.jpg

http://www.victorybeer.com/images/beer_v12.jpg

When you buy my case of Yuengling... do yourself a favor and buy yourself one too. yes.gif

Good stuff. Not like that girly Corona shit you won't be getting from me.

whateverz. coronas are great because the sun exists over here for awhile. but that german equivalent i had last night was like wacko.gif

ok imma go down to my cooler in the car where some quality beers have been on ice for more than 16 hours and make myself some hamburgers in the meantime. by the time i eat them & crack open another it will be 12:30 & the NFL today will be on. or whatever show it is with MICHAEL IRVIN. i want to see his pick for the game...

what's crackin at the homestead? how's aprul & WT? this is that weekend, correct????

QUOTE (nebbish @ Dec 18 2006, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 27 2006, 09:35 PM)
Guiness  guiness
Guiness.

Guiness

trink38.gif

Coming from Ireland I feel I must keep our national treasure correct....it's GUINNESS ph34r.gif tongue.gif

Overrated.

There are many, much greater, treasures from Ireland than Guinness beer.

Now, where is that red headed Irish lass with the sexy lilt that struck my fancy the other day? wink.gif

Edited by Drunk Pirate Robert

I used to be a huge Guiness fan, in fact for quite a while it was the only beer I'd drink (and only alcohol I'd drink for that matter). Have to say over the last 6 months or so, although I still like it, I haven't been drinking it near as much as I used to, ussually only if it's the only beer on tap that I like. Perhaps my pallete has changed and Guiness no longer meets my standards, or I just drank too much of it.....

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jan 19 2007, 10:20 PM)
I used to be a huge Guiness fan, in fact for quite a while it was the only beer I'd drink (and only alcohol I'd drink for that matter). Have to say over the last 6 months or so, although I still like it, I haven't been drinking it near as much as I used to, ussually only if it's the only beer on tap that I like. Perhaps my pallete has changed and Guiness no longer meets my standards, or I just drank too much of it.....

low key low key...what u drinking fo rthe champ game????