FEEDBACK

troutman

What do you think of the album? I have to admit when I heard 2.gif was coming out with an album of cover songs confused13.gif I was in shock and quite frankly sad sad.gif My reason for saying this is, being a fan since77' I alway's bragged to people especially those who did not like 2.gif that at least they RECORD their own music and I was quite sure that it would alway's be that way until the end. Well, reallity set in and after listening to it and reading why they did the album not for money I'm sure but as a tribute to those bands they admired and practiced to while learnig how to play I had to accept it. And I have to admit it is a "great album" and believe me I would say other wise if it were not true. Anyway, that being said, what are your thoughts and your favorite song on the album? Please try to if you can exclude CROSSROADS this is obviously GREAT. Mine is SHAPE OF THINGS, especially the last 30 45 seconds of the song it really kick's Ass yes.gif

toruotman & the beagle trink39.gif

Every legendary band does covers....Beatles, Stones, the Who etc...There is nothing wrong with any bands doing covers as long as they add their own touch to them if you will. Having said that I think Feedback rocks...And why exclude Crossroads???? confused13.gif That along with Seeker are my favs...Alex rocks on Crossroads big time! Especially live. yes.gif 2.gif

Don't misunderstand me about CROSSROADS it is obviously a great tune. And If that is a person's favorite please SAY SO!!! to me it is a "no brainer'" that's all cool.gif To all: should I edit my posting and exclude the question? trink39.gif

cool.gif I like it, but what's not to like? I saw them twice on their R30 tour last summer and they did an acoustic version of "Heart Full of Soul" (along with "Resist"). "Summertime Blues" and "Crossroads" were encores. They really ripped it up!

QUOTE (cla2112 @ Mar 12 2005, 09:56 PM)
cool.gif I like it, but what's not to like? I saw them twice on their R30 tour last summer and they did an acoustic version of "Heart Full of Soul" (along with "Resist").

Heart Full of Soul was a good song to follow Resist.

I bought it before the R30 tour......but forgot to play it wacko.gif

I didn't even realise that it was an album of covers until I got it doh.gif

So when I heard them play the four songs off it at the gig, I thought "better listen to this"

Its fab. A lot lot better than I thought. I like The Seeker, Heart Full of Soul and Crossroads the best.

Upon hearing about Feedback, my initial reaction was one of shock. Once that had worn off and I had heard the rationale behind the project, I thought 'Good for them.' They've spent the last thirty years busting their guts to bring out fresh, original music so why shouldn't they lean back, relax and have some fun.

And that is what I think makes Feedback so special to me. The sound on Feedback is raw, passionate and relaxed. In fact, it the rawest sounding album since the debut and, in my opinion, they managed to regain some of that yourthful passion and enthusiasm in the performances.

As to the standouts, I think they're all pretty special. Personally, I would, probably, have given Crossroads a miss - mainly because its been done to death and, once again in my opinion, nobody can touch the Robert Johnson original. If they were going to do a Cream cover, why not something different (personally, I'd have gone for Tales of Brave Ulysees). Saying that, the version of Crossroads is still a pretty good one and works well in a live environment. However, my choice for best on album is a toss up between The Seeker and Heart Full of Soul which, I think just wins it by a whisker.

And for all those who seem to think that Feedback was just a money making scheme - if that was the case, don't you think it would havee been put out at full price nit as a budget release. It was a promotional tool for the tour.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 12 2005, 09:32 PM)
I love Feedback, I loved the idea when I heard about it, and when I finally laid ny paws on it, played it incessantly for a fortnight.

My faves are The Seeker, Heart Full of Soul and For What It's Worth.

Word for word, EXACTLY my thoughts Madra! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Even my favs!

Archived