Traveling Music

RushGuru

Well, I just finished Traveling Music yesterday. Very good read. What do you guys think about it? What are some of your favorite parts? One part I particularly enjoyed was Neil's trip to England before he was with Rush. I loved hearing about all his old bands too. His bike trip in Africa was also very interesting.

This is such an amazing book.

I think I've read it though about 5-6 times, its soooo good!

I loved TM, but I was a little surpised he didn't mention some other music/musicians, namely, of course, Pink Floyd, but others like The Moody Blues. I just was surprised. I also was intriqued he listened to and saved for last VT. Very Cool!

I was interest in his whole semi-auto-bio from the days at Lakeside Park and his trip to England! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Actually PF1973...he did mention the Floyd somewhere in there...he said he was listening to Wish You Were Here and went on for a couple paragraphs about the FLoyd and said taht he thought the Wall was their greatest work (I concur).

What shocks me is the fact that the guy who wrote 2112, Hemispheres, and Natural Science listens to Linkin Park, Madonna, and 98 Degrees.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 12 2005, 07:40 PM)
Actually PF1973...he did mention the Floyd somewhere in there...he said he was listening to Wish You Were Here and went on for a couple paragraphs about the FLoyd and said taht he thought the Wall was their greatest work (I concur).

What shocks me is the fact that the guy who wrote 2112, Hemispheres, and Natural Science listens to Linkin Park, Madonna, and 98 Degrees.

Really? How come I don't rememebr that, I read the book about as slow as I can. Do you recall what chapter that was, I plan on reading the whole thing again soon anyway, but would like to immediatly check this out.

BTW, I concur on the (What shocks me is the fact that the guy who wrote 2112, Hemispheres, and Natural Science listens to Linkin Park, Madonna, and 98 Degrees.) - albeit my musical taste is a bit of a hodge-podge smorgesborg too, so I was pretty tolerant to his taste, I like Sinatra too, but not THAT much!

Archived