Bass Guitar

troutman

I am one who believes it is never to late "to teach an old dog new tricks". I have alway's wanted to learn how to play the Bass Guitar!! I tried lead but it just didn't suit me, I new better also, deep down I have alway's admired the Bass, especially growing up listening to Geddy. Any suggestions on getting started? what to by in a starter Bass & amp, cost ect... Thanks!!

troutman trink39.gif Oh, by the way I am left handed will this be a problem as fas as guitar availability??

Edited by troutman

Go to musiciansfriend.com web site. They have a lot of bass starter packages on there for a pretty good price. I think they might have some left handed basses on there also. It's never to late to learn! Good luck wink.gif

LOL there!! Thanks for the info. Actually I'm looking for sometime in july/ august before purchasing one. Just want to get some "feedback" 2.gif from you all. What about a certain brand? Obviously money plays a roll but what is the cheapest you would go? thanks again yes.gif

troutman

Here's a good starter package. It's a good combination of price & quality. You're not getting Geddy Lee equipment, but they are pretty good and the price is right. ($300, US)

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...nonetodaythanks

The only thing is left handed. I don't think I've ever seen a lefty starter package. You may have to call and ask.

If you're looking for just a bass, here is a good choice for $419.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...nonetodaythanks

This model comes in left too.

Here's a link to just the lefty basses:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/search.asp?M...hod=6&pagesize=

If the pictures are missing, just look up the similar model in right handed to see a pic.

Hope this helps trink39.gif

Edited by Snowdog

I think Ibanez makes some great beginner's basses.

Don't expect them to be of great quality, but they're fun to play otherwise.

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 12 2005, 11:43 PM)
Thanks, Steel Rat trink39.gif

cool.gif trink39.gif

Guest Quigley_Moog

I just wanted to start bass too, and bought this little number:

my bass guitar

I'm quite pleased. I was happy to be able find the sounds of a fender jazz and a fender precision under one hood...and for a more than reasonable $200.

For an amp, I bought a Rockman Bass Ace-$80 for that one. I wanted a headphone amp so I don't piss off my roomate with low frequecies and a righteous rumble.

Edited by Quigley_Moog