whos better grateful dead or rush???

reani14

well, our boys never died. and come on graeful dead are no were near as cool live as our boys rush are. legecys or not... look at the snakes tour adn the test of time.. and neil and alex would wipe anyone in the dreadful dead. come on fans... stick with me on this one

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:04 PM)
well, our boys never died. and come on graeful dead are no were near as cool live as our boys rush are. legecys or not... look at the snakes tour adn the test of time.. and neil and alex would wipe anyone in the dreadful dead. come on fans... stick with me on this one

Quit f***ing with us or some people might start to take this thread seriously and get into an argument about who really is better. I think I remember something similar happening not too long ago. Oh and Jerry Garcia obviously destroys Neil Peart as a lyricist.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 28 2009, 12:40 AM)
well, our boys never died. and come on graeful dead are no were near as cool live as our boys rush are. legecys or not... look at the snakes tour adn the test of time.. and neil and alex would wipe anyone in the dreadful dead.  come on fans... stick with me on this one

Quit f***ing with us or some people might start to take this thread seriously and get into an argument about who really is better. I think I remember something similar happening not too long ago. Oh and Jerry Garcia obviously destroys Neil Peart as a lyricist.

He does indeed blow Peart away...

Especially since he didn't write the lyrics. sarcasm.gif

Apples and oranges. And while no members of the Dead are as adept at their instruments as the members of 2.gif to ever propose that there is more energy at a 2.gif show demonstrates ignorance of a monstrous proportion.

I know; I've seen them both many times.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 27 2009, 09:54 PM)
I think we should have a contest. Who could make the most threads in an hour time span:

reani14

or

RUSHEAD666

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Come on! Leave the meaningless and lame threads to me! LOL!

tongue.gif

Goober tried to get me into The Dead when I joined this Board.

I can tolerate them but man, comparing a bunch of drug addicts to RUSH?

Never.

Sincerely,

"SPACE TRUCKIN'"

Even Deep Purple "blows" Garcia and Co. away!

Okay here is the thing:

Neil and Grateful Dead Drummer Mickey Hart have mutual respect for each other.

Peart mentioned in "Traveling Music" that one of the CD's he had in his car was Mickey Hart's Mystery Box. You can read a review of the album here. He also mentions being a fan of Hart's book Drumming at the Edge of Magic.

Peart also mentions that Rush and The Grateful Dead were performing at the Omni arena in 1991 on successive nights. Both drummers attended each others gigs.

Peart discusses the event of being at The Grateful Dead show in great detail and about drumming, cultures and music with Hart.

So it is apparent that both bands have respect for each other and the one thing they each have in common is that they are both cult bands that have done things on their own terms.

A word of advice for reani14.

First, The spelling and grammar in your posts needs serious improvement.

Second, why do you post topics like this that are a waste of time?

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jul 27 2009, 10:50 PM)
Okay here is the thing:

Neil and Grateful Dead Drummer Mickey Hart have mutual respect for each other.

Peart mentioned in "Traveling Music" that one of the CD's he had in his car was Mickey Hart's Mystery Box. You can read a review of the album here. He also mentions being a fan of Hart's book Drumming at the Edge of Magic.

Peart also mentions that Rush and The Grateful Dead were performing at the Omni arena in 1991 on successive nights. Both drummers attended each others gigs.

Peart discusses the event of being at The Grateful Dead show in great detail and about drumming, cultures and music with Hart.

So it is apparent that both bands have respect for each other and the one thing they each have in common is that they are both cult bands that have done things on their own terms.

goodpost.gif

Damn, glad I mentioned Mickey. You learn something new everyday.

I'd still take Neil over Mickey "Closer To The Hart" period.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 27 2009, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 28 2009, 12:40 AM)
well, our boys never died. and come on graeful dead are no were near as cool live as our boys rush are. legecys or not... look at the snakes tour adn the test of time.. and neil and alex would wipe anyone in the dreadful dead.  come on fans... stick with me on this one

He does indeed blow Peart away...

Especially since he didn't write the lyrics. sarcasm.gif

Apples and oranges. And while no members of the Dead are as adept at their instruments as the members of 2.gif to ever propose that there is more energy at a 2.gif show demonstrates ignorance of a monstrous proportion.

I know; I've seen them both many times.

Hey! I've never seen The Dead but I have wasted tons of money on RUSH, 45 times.

I trust your opinion and I do know that Mickey is a great drummer. I actually do own a Mickey Hart solo gold cd. Can't remember the title though.

Anyway I may not be a DEADHEAD but I have a few stories you Deadheads might like from a Rushhead.

Story One.

I can't remember the keyboard player in The Dead who killed himself on a speedball but his wife moved in next to my parent's house when I still lived at home. I heard that he killed himself because she left him.

Anyway my parents live on a DEAD END street. Do you know where this is "headed?" Get it?

Yep after she moved in about a few months later someone took a can of spray paint and sprayed a H in front of the E and an A over the N to spell DEAD HEAD on the yellow sign.

I wish I took a picture of that to show you guys. It was classic.

Story Two.

Being an Oakland sports fanatic we used to have Warriors Season Tickets. We used to go all the time. This was back in the late Eighties, early Nineties when we had Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway and the sixth man form Lithuania, Sarunas Marciulionis. Sp?

There was an auction for this tie dyed Lithuania Olympic Basketball T-shirt that the Grateful Dead made up with the skeleton and all. The Lithuanian players actually wore these shirts in the Olympic Games.

So there was one of these T-shirts auctioned off at a Warrior game. It was autographed by all of the Grateful Dead, including Jerry of course and Sarunas signed it too.

Well my dad won it and he had it professionally framed. It's killer you guys!! I'm sure it's worth a pretty penny these days!

1) Brent Midland was the keyboard player.

2) Mickey and Neil did correspond, exactly as RFF pointed out.

3) reani's post are an incredible waste of time.

Hey Earl, your Dad does have a bitchin' shirt. It's a great story,even if I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Warriors. wink.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 27 2009, 11:42 PM)
1) Brent Midland was the keyboard player.

2) Mickey and Neil did correspond, exactly as RFF pointed out.

3) reani's post are an incredible waste of time.

Hey Earl, your Dad does have a bitchin' shirt. It's a great story,even if I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Warriors. wink.gif

HAHAHA!! Thanks for the late night laugh!!

Awesome!

Yeah, the Warriors are spinning their basketballs "Between The Wheels."

There is no hope being a Warrior fan.

That shirt is a beauty and it will always stay in the Ramer family. Someday that puppy will be hanging on my wall. Right now it's just collecting spiderwebs in my parents garage.

Cheers!

1022.gif

The Dead, by a mile. Why else would I have spent 4 years of my life ON A RUSH FORUM!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Captain Asinine is really working overtime these days. God help us all when they release a new DVD.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 28 2009, 12:36 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 28 2009, 12:32 AM)
edie brickell and new bohemians blow thm both away.

I'm not aware

That I squat when I sing

Do ya

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Never got the appeal. I remember going to a Dead Milkmen show once, and Rodney Anonymous did his Edie imitation. Afterwards, he stood up and said, "I hate that band like most people hate Hitler."

Never was a dead fan, either. Yet another thread idea pulled from the OP's nether regions. And yet another thread of such nature that's getting more than its share of responses.

2.gif unless your a poppy seed eatin smelly hippie.

I've been listening to a lot of the Dead recently and I have to admit they are absolutely brilliant.

The way I approach this question is: if you had to choose between their recorded output to take to a desert island, which would it be? I think I would go with the Grateful Dead......their music is more beautiful and uplifting.

cool10.gif .....not

I don't know how this thread fits in a Rush message board, but as both a rush fan and a deadhead, I'll respond. I love them both. However, they couldnt be more different musically, lyrically or stylistically. A total apples and oranges proposition. A better comparison would be Rush or Yes, or something like that... Edited by greg2112