That Harry Potter Thread Is Growing Like A Snail's

RUSHHEAD666

This Forum cracks me up!

All of you serious cats talking up a storm about a kid's movie starring Harry Potter.

Classic. So dark and so evil yet sooooooooooo cliche. LOL!

I would rather waste some bandwidth on the past since most of you on here are too intellectual to talk about a great cheesy film.

I guess "Wayne's World" was made before most of you were born.

All of this Harry Shitter I mean Potter Potty Talk is just plain silly.

Isn't the real Harry Potter a true Drama Stage Drag Queen? (kidding of course)

I wish I could be a homeless bum in that back of my car writing a story that would eventually net me over a billion dollars plus. Some humans have all the luck while others are more like Garth and Wayne, or should I say Rod Stewart. "Some Guys, I mean Girls Have All The Luck."

I'm willing to bet that the majority of you hate the "Wayne's World" movie yet I think it still stands up to today's narrow, intellectual standard of film.

Sure it's outdated but this movie does ROCK!

Alice Cooper rules in this flick and I can't wait to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up "WAYNE'S WORLD II" on Blu-Ray!

To each their own!

PARTY ON RUSHHEADS!!

Goodnight and PEACE OUT!!

Love,

Freddie Mercury 1022.gif

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

making jokes about Harry Potter fans is so truly original. I'm seriously in awe of your brilliance.

Why, instead of reading Harry Potter, I could have read BRILLIANT posts like yours.

May I start worshiping you now?

Are you actually calling J.K. Rowling a "homeless bum"? She's written an amazing series of stories and in my opinion, deserves the praise and the good fortune she's amassed. That seems like such a crass thing to say, really. Wow.

The "Harry Potter is kid stuff" argument isn't really too original, you know. Have you actually READ any of the books? Somehow I doubt it.

"Wayne's World" is a great, silly movie. There, did I redeem myself and cleanse that nasty "I'm a grown-up who loves Harry Potter" residue from my person?

Seriously. eyesre4.gif

I love ya, Earl (you all know what I mean by that laugh.gif ) but totally disagree with everything you said, sans Wayne's World. Haven't seen it in a while, it's funny.

You guys take me too serious!

Just having a little late night fun!

Guess the beer was doing some of the typing last night!

Of course "Wayne's World" is silly but I totally enjoyed it last night.

Hey I love Star Wars and people give me shit all the time.

I just can't get into the Harry Potter Phenomenon.

I thought the "LORD OF THE RINGS" movies were garbage too.

J.R.R. Tolkien must have been rolling around in his grave because of those CGI Films Of Poop.

Interesting how her name is J.K. Rowling. J.R.R. Tolkien? Are they related?

I prefer K.K. Downing from Judas Priest!

It's all good Tim! I love you too. But not in that way! LOL!!

RUSH ON!

Sincerely,

E.I. Troll Hobbit Ramer III

i never did understand the love for the wayne's world movies. imho it was tolerable as an snl skit but not for 90 minutes of 'schwing' and 'party on' bs.

as far as harry potter goes, i've only read the 1st 3 books but thought they were pretty good (especially the 3rd one). because i thought they were that good, i refused to see the movies (if that makes any sense).

Wayne's World KICKS ASS!!!

I think I've found a kindred spirit here as far as "appreciation" of Harry Potter and LOTR. Way to go RushHead. trink39.gif

And because of my kids, I had to give BOTH series of movies my time, so i'm not making some random comment. THEY SUCK!!! The books were even worse. If I had a gun to my head, forced to choose between reading them and death... i'd be pushing daisies. tongue.gif

I don't get the whole Harry Potter popularity either, it's a pretty dull serious to my eyes, films and books, even though it's packed to the gills with good veteran British actors. What makes me crack up though is how Potter fans get very defensive and seemingly very angry if anybody doesn't jump on the bandwagon and gush all over it with little kissy kissy Potter love! And they run out and call the Potter Police if anybody dares to make a negative comment or two. I mean how dare Earl make a thread like this eh? Someone grab a wand and turn him into a toad quick!

Ah well, at least he's not posting in the other Harry Potter thread now...

laugh.gif

I can't say that I am overenthusiastic about the HP series either, though I think the books do serve a purpose in at least giving children something to read that is fairly literate.

Mind you, most of it is filmed in Scotland so it can't be totally crap wink.gif

Wayne's World is hilarious (and so is the sequel).

The Harry Potter books/movies are awesome.

These statements are not mutually exclusive.

You aren't very familiar with the demographics of this board, are you?

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 19 2009, 10:45 PM)

I agree completely! With everything you've said...most especially regarding the demographic of this board.

Just saw WW2 the other night..HA! forgot how enjoyable a diversion that movie is.

and Harry Potter? Well, I'm a 40 year old mom who simply adores all things Harry Potter.

The books...outstanding! The movies...wonderful adventures!

"We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained"

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 19 2009, 08:02 PM)

I agree completely! With everything you've said...most especially regarding the demographic of this board.

Just saw WW2 the other night..HA! forgot how enjoyable a diversion that movie is.

and Harry Potter? Well, I'm a 40 year old mom who simply adores all things Harry Potter.

You mentioned you were 40 so I looked at your profile.

You're exactly one day older than me! ohmy.gif

trink39.gif

Come on now!

I'm 41 years young!

Age really shouldn't be a factor on a RUSH FORUM but I guess it is!

Wow!

In retrospect I guess it's good to have such a very young RUSH crowd on here.

I may be stuck in an aging body but I feel like an 18 year old.

No wonder I can co-exist on this Forum. Or can I? LOL!

Hey I sat through Wayne's World II last night and I totally dug it!!

Remember "WAYNESTOCK?" Aerosmith is in this one. Even Pearl Jam gets some love.

It's funny but you can rip this sequel all you want but man it had a star studded cast.

Let's see:

Christopher Walken

Heather Locklear

Drew Barrymore

Kim Bassinger

The best thing about the sequel is that Wayne's girlfriend with the bad accent actually didn't waste any film by performing in her lame ass band.

Of course they all thought that she was going to be a hit, but ironically they never had her play.

Nice.

Hey at least Garth got laid by Bassinger and then fell in love with a chick who had the same hair style.

PARTY ON! f***ing EXCELLENT!!

Oh and as far as the two BILL AND TED'S movies are concerned I think they are GREAT!!

Reeves best acting by far!!

Rush Fans who like that MATRIX Trilogy need to have their heads examined or perhaps wake up from their liquid slumber and have a taste of rectum reality.

POOP!!!!

Sincerely,

"POINT BREAK" I mean "THE DAY THE EARTH SHIT STILL" Remake. LOL!!

Hey that rhymed! I'm a poet, and I don't even know it.................... common001.gif

This post is dedicated to my buddy Sean!! ROCK ON!!!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2009, 10:37 PM)

trink39.gif

Oh come on Goobs enough with this "I'm 40 routine" everyone knows you're at least 86...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2009, 11:37 PM)

trink39.gif

nyah nyah, i got there first!

unsure.gif

um, wait, is that good or bad??

While I'm not a Harry Potter fan, Wayne's World is generally for idiots who like shit like Dodgeball...which is to say shitty films made for yuk-yuk crowd...(no offense). Harry Potter may not be great by my tastes, but as far as filmmaking and cinema goes at least it's not made for the lowest common denominator. That's not snobbery. You can keep Harry Potter too, as far as I'm concerned...

If only the so-called good comedies were just that...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 19 2009, 04:23 PM)
What makes me crack up though is how Potter fans get very defensive and seemingly very angry if anybody doesn't jump on the bandwagon and gush all over it with little kissy kissy Potter love! And they run out and call the Potter Police if anybody dares to make a negative comment or two. I mean how dare Earl make a thread like this eh? Someone grab a wand and turn him into a toad quick!

laugh.gif

I don't care who likes or doesn't like HP, who makes threads about how awful it is, nor am I calling the "Potter Police." I simply thought it was a bit much to call J. K. a homeless bum.

Sue me.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 20 2009, 09:46 AM)
While I'm not a Harry Potter fan, Wayne's World is generally for idiots who like shit like Dodgeball...which is to say shitty films made for yuk-yuk crowd...(no offense). Harry Potter may not be great by my tastes, but as far as filmmaking and cinema goes at least it's not made for the lowest common denominator. That's not snobbery. You can keep Harry Potter too, as far as I'm concerned...

No, that "frat pack" Will Ferrel shit is the lowest common denominator of comedies. Wayne's World is actually clever.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2009, 10:55 AM)
What makes me crack up though is how Potter fans get very defensive and seemingly very angry if anybody doesn't jump on the bandwagon and gush all over it with little kissy kissy Potter love! And they run out and call the Potter Police if anybody dares to make a negative comment or two. I mean how dare Earl make a thread like this eh? Someone grab a wand and turn him into a toad quick!

laugh.gif

I don't care who likes or doesn't like HP, who makes threads about how awful it is, nor am I calling the "Potter Police." I simply thought it was a bit much to call J. K. a homeless bum.

Sue me.

Let me clarify my comment on the "homeless bum" thing.

I wasn't calling her that as a bad name I was calling her that because it was true.

She was homeless and living in her car writing that billion dollar book of cliches.

She is a rags to riches story. It has nothing to do with her intellegence as a human being. Obviously if she can make a shitload of money coming up with a wizard who wears "Where's Waldo" glasses and rides on a turbocharged broomstick then she must be doing something right.

Good for her.

Maybe she can give me a loan.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 20 2009, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 20 2009, 09:46 AM)
While I'm not a Harry Potter fan, Wayne's World is generally for idiots who like shit like Dodgeball...which is to say shitty films made for yuk-yuk crowd...(no offense).  Harry Potter may not be great by my tastes, but as far as filmmaking and cinema goes at least it's not made for the lowest common denominator.  That's not snobbery.  You can keep Harry Potter too, as far as I'm concerned...

No, that "frat pack" Will Ferrel shit is the lowest common denominator of comedies. Wayne's World is actually clever.

yes.gif goodpost.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 20 2009, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2009, 10:55 AM)

laugh.gif

Sue me.

Let me clarify my comment on the "homeless bum" thing.

I wasn't calling her that as a bad name I was calling her that because it was true.

She was homeless and living in her car writing that billion dollar book of cliches.

She is a rags to riches story. It has nothing to do with her intellegence as a human being. Obviously if she can make a shitload of money coming up with a wizard who wears "Where's Waldo" glasses and rides on a turbocharged broomstick then she must be doing something right.

Good for her.

Maybe she can give me a loan.

Okay, but the phrase has negative connotations.

If you simplify it to Waldo glasses, turbocharged broomsticks, and cliches (?) then I can understand why you think it's not worthwhile.

To each his/her own.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 20 2009, 12:55 PM)

laugh.gif

Sue me.

Say what you like GG but you're just proving my point...otherwise you'd not even be coming back to this thread, as you already made your point about that...