Your favorite Lifeson solo

Tom Sawyer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ghost of a chance is really great...freewill is incredible, but i wouldnt say its my favorite...la villa strangiato is definately great too. that solo after all the volume swells in by-tor is pretty kick-ass too...waaaay too many to choose from biggrin.gif

well my obvious answer would be the trees, and of course i really like the solos in kid gloves, between the wheels, limelight, the analog kid, and some others, but for some reason i really get into the solo for big money the most, especially when watching the music video for it on the chronicles dvd. its glorious!!

My 2 favorite are actually live versions. The outro solo for Mission, and the outro solo for Bravado. Both soaring solos.

For straight-ahead kick-ass solo, I'll have to say Analog Kid.

Kevin

Natural Science, Freewill, Limelight, Analog Kid, Between The Wheels, La Villa Strangiato, Stick It Out, Dreamline (esp. the live version), A Farewell to Kings, Working Man, By-Tor & The Snowdog....there's WAY too many to name! Just trying to come up with a sloid list of my favorite solos...is just, like... wacko.gif

tongue.gif

-Matt

Mine would be Analog Kid, Freewill, Passage To Bangkok, but there's just too many to think about wacko.gif

"Chemisty" gets my vote.

I think it's possibly the finest guitar solo I've ever heard.

( Hi, I'm new here - I was looking for some up to date info. on Alex's impending court case & stumbled across this forum by accident).

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Mar 11 2005, 12:24 PM)
Mission.....it's his favorite so why shouldn't it be mine.

Mission is his favorite solo? It's almost not even a solo, there's not much to it. It's short, hardly no feeling at all. It's hard to believe it's his favorite solo. Maybe it's fun to play or something, I don't know, I never tried playing it. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rhys @ Mar 27 2005, 04:57 PM)
"Chemisty" gets my vote.
I think it's possibly the finest guitar solo I've ever heard.

( Hi, I'm new here - I was looking for some up to date info. on Alex's impending court case & stumbled across this forum by accident).

A fine choice there! One of my favs as well.

Welcome to the forum. Accidents can be lucky sometimes. biggrin.gif

The Big Money with Kid Gloves and The Trees in second.....of course my opinion will change next week because they are all incredible!!! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived