Al's deal...

My_Shrimp_Cot

Would you guys sum this up as Alex rushing to his families defense (like a big papa bear) even though his family was acting like idiots? He thought his family was threatened?

I think Alex may have spoiled his family a little?? Wanting to make everyone happy?

Im really "clutching at straws" here, but he seems like such a good guy.

It's impossible to say without having been there. But if I had to speculate, I think alcohol combined with fatherly instincts played a big part. I know that if I was sober and clear headed, I would deal with Police Officers arresting my son in a very diplomatic non-confrontational way. But get a few trink38.gif in me and have my son being arrested, perhaps roughed up a little? I think I would probably react similarly. You'll do things you wouldn't normally do when your kids are involved. At least I would.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 10 2005, 01:16 PM)
It's impossible to say without having been there. But if I had to speculate, I think alcohol combined with fatherly instincts played a big part. I know that if I was sober and clear headed, I would deal with Police Officers arresting my son in a very diplomatic non-confrontational way. But get a few trink38.gif in me and have my son being arrested, perhaps roughed up a little? I think I would probably react similarly. You'll do things you wouldn't normally do when your kids are involved. At least I would.

Exactly....I think this needed to be said.

goodpost.gif

It's impossible to say without having been there. But if I had to speculate, I think alcohol combined with fatherly instincts played a big part. I know that if I was sober and clear headed, I would deal with Police Officers arresting my son in a very diplomatic non-confrontational way. But get a few  in me and have my son being arrested, perhaps roughed up a little? I think I would probably react similarly. You'll do things you wouldn't normally do when your kids are involved. At least I would.

Very true...Excellent way of explainging it...Good job! applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif My thoughts too Snowdog.

goodpost.gif That covers it! I couldent have said it better myself, and I wouldent want to try

His son wasn't just roughed up...he was hit with two tasers at the same time...kind of like watching him have a seizure with extreme pain...

If you read other stories of tasings, you'll see that major reactions by onlookers are common. The police don't seem to be ready for this a lot of the time.

As for the 'pushed her down the stairs' bit, there's a lot of question on that one. She used three different terms to describe it, and some witnesses say they both fell down together. It's possible, maybe even likely, that Alex was going up to help his son, got his nose broken by one cop, kept charging up, she tried to grab him, he lost his balance, grabbed at her, and they both went...

That's the way some of the quotes from depositions I've read seem to go, anyway.

We've heard only one side. It does look like the police overused the force, though.

man that'd be terrible if he got 5 years in prison...there goes the next (possible) tour sad.gif

Exaggeration by the police...maybe, especially if they realized that he could sue for brutality....

Five years....unlikely...Alex is past 50 and has no prior history of violence, so the maximum is unlikely, especially since there's the possibility that it was unintentional, that he simply was falling and tried to grab on to something. After all, he fell down the stairs too...

We haven't heard both sides...

QUOTE (between sun and moon @ Mar 13 2005, 06:33 PM)
man that'd be terrible if he got 5 years in prison...there goes the next (possible) tour sad.gif

Hmm....what is the longest range of a guitar transmitter? wink.gif

Maybe they could have Al on the screen behind and he can play live from a prison cell. How cool would that be...just hope no one drops the soap half way through a solo... might get notes higher than they should be laugh.gif

Archived