irritating commercials

circumstantial tree

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2009, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 28 2009, 04:05 PM)
Every Capital One commercial I have ever seen is complete crap, and will make me reach for the remote so that I will not subject either myself or any innocent bystanders to their suckiness.

Wait, what? Two posts earlier you said you thought they were great. . . confused13.gif

You're confused, I never said that.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 28 2009, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2009, 07:57 PM)
I. LOATHE. Boner Bob and the Enzyte commercials.  And I do mean loathe.

So true. I am usually not someone who wants to shoot somebody, but that Enzyte guy makes me want to borrow somebody's gun and get rid of him.

Indeed I forgot about him.

Even more irritating is the stupid whistling music. angry.gif

^^^I guess maybe you misread librarian's post, but here be da proof:

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 28 2009, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Jun 28 2009, 12:30 PM)
I have to say I like the Capital One ads with the Vikings... laugh.gif

Agreed, except I would extend it to say ANY Capital One commerical.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2009, 09:08 PM)

I guess maybe you misread librarian's post, but here be da proof:

Let me be clear......I hate Capital One commercials.

ANY of them.

They are stupid and with bad humor.**

** - And yes, I misread librarian's post...

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 28 2009, 07:16 PM)
Anyone in upstate NY:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEuuuuhhhh.

Actually, I think Billy Fucillo sells cars all over the country so it might not be just NYS.

Ughhhhh banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

Ever since we got DVR...I never watch commercials.

Thank God!!!!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 28 2009, 06:16 PM)
Anyone in upstate NY:

Actually, I think Billy Fucillo sells cars all over the country so it might not be just NYS.

applaudit.gif

Before Billy Fucillo, we had Justin Resnick, who owned a small chain of mattress stores. That's right, mattress stores. All he sold was mattresses, but he needed nine locations to do it. Resnick was a bald middle-aged guy in pajamas who thought he was funny. He'd end each commercial by reciting the list of his store locations, including "In Colonie, where Air-Tite Windows ripped our sign down!" He had an ongoing public feud with this other business, Air-Tite Windows.

There oughtta be a law against small business owners doing their own commercials. They can be so annoying, and it's pure egoism on their part that they think they can do as good a job as an actor.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 28 2009, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2009, 07:57 PM)
I. LOATHE. Boner Bob and the Enzyte commercials.  And I do mean loathe.

So true. I am usually not someone who wants to shoot somebody, but that Enzyte guy makes me want to borrow somebody's gun and get rid of him.

Ditto.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey)
The Quizno's commercials with the gay oven are so disturbing on so many levels. I think there was even a thread about them in RS.

God, those commercials are creepy. I really am not interested in having my sandwich associated with phallic imagery. All they do is make me want to eat at Subway instead.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 28 2009, 06:16 PM)
Anyone in upstate NY:

IIIIITTTTTTSSSSSS HHHHUUUUGGGGEEEEEE RRRROOCCCHHHEEESSSTTTEEERRR HHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE.

God how I hate that guy.

I truly think Billy Fucillo has lost his mind. It used to be he was just uber annoying, now I really think he's a super alcoholic or raging druggie. And the blond mistress or whatever? blech 062802puke_prv.gif

I really hate the Arby's (I think it's Arby's*) featuring the background music "Cherry Pie", because I cannot stand that damn song. Every time the ad comes on, the f*cking song lodges itself in my head and won't leave.

*When people remember the ad, but not the product, it's a failure.

Oh, and is anyone else sick to the teeth of the Energizer bunny?

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 29 2009, 09:24 AM)
I really hate the Arby's (I think it's Arby's*) featuring the background music "Cherry Pie", because I cannot stand that damn song.

It's Arby's, and you're correct, that song is one I wish the 80s would have had aborted.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 29 2009, 08:25 AM)
Oh, and is anyone else sick to the teeth of the Energizer bunny?

laugh.gif We should shoot him out of a cannon, along with the Snuggle bear! That would be funny to watch.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 28 2009, 07:16 PM)
Anyone in upstate NY:

Billy the Ubiquitous.

I wonder how much he is worth. He is everywhere.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 28 2009, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2009, 09:08 PM)

I guess maybe you misread librarian's post, but here be da proof:

Let me be clear......I hate Capital One commercials.

ANY of them.

They are stupid and with bad humor.**

** - And yes, I misread librarian's post...

oh well, more Vikings for me then. smile.gif Carry on...

I like Flo.

You know...the Progressive Insurance chick? And my kids think she is funny.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 29 2009, 10:45 AM)
I like Flo.

Is that her name? I must say, she's grown on me. A bit silly and irritating at first, but now I could imagine dating her. laugh.gif I'm surprised she has ANY fans besides me, but apparently a lot of other dudes are attracted to her, too:

Dudes have a thing for Flo, the perky Progressive Insurance saleswoman played by actress Stephanie Courtney. Perhaps it's her retro look or, in the words of one smitten blogger, her "kissable red red lips." In search of answers, ABC television's Atlanta affiliate tracked down the 38-year-old actress, who seems a bit baffled by all the fuss.
  On her look: "They tease my hair, spray it and stick the headband in it. And the makeup is like painting a portrait on my face. It's insane. It totally changes things on my face. It's like having a mask on."
  On her character: "It's me at my silliest. You start off with a script, but at the end they usually let me put a little zinger in there. We put a little mustard on it. That's when it gets fun. Flo could be one of my improv characters, always on and sort of cracked in a weird way."
  On her sex appeal: "I don't know what it is. The way I play her, she's pretty much the most asexual thing on TV right now. I think the Geico lizard puts out more sexual vibes than Flo does."

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/stephanie-courtney-progressive-insurance-girl.jpg

BTW, since you're from Upstate NY and know the Fucillo commercials, do you remember the Justin Resnick/Resnick's Mattress commercials?

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 29 2009, 12:26 PM)
I like Flo.

Is that her name? I must say, she's grown on me. A bit silly and irritating at first, but now I could imagine dating her. laugh.gif I'm surprised she has ANY fans besides me, but apparently a lot of other dudes are attracted to her, too:

Dudes have a thing for Flo, the perky Progressive Insurance saleswoman played by actress Stephanie Courtney. Perhaps it's her retro look or, in the words of one smitten blogger, her "kissable red red lips." In search of answers, ABC television's Atlanta affiliate tracked down the 38-year-old actress, who seems a bit baffled by all the fuss.
  On her look: "They tease my hair, spray it and stick the headband in it. And the makeup is like painting a portrait on my face. It's insane. It totally changes things on my face. It's like having a mask on."
  On her character: "It's me at my silliest. You start off with a script, but at the end they usually let me put a little zinger in there. We put a little mustard on it. That's when it gets fun. Flo could be one of my improv characters, always on and sort of cracked in a weird way."
  On her sex appeal: "I don't know what it is. The way I play her, she's pretty much the most asexual thing on TV right now. I think the Geico lizard puts out more sexual vibes than Flo does."

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/stephanie-courtney-progressive-insurance-girl.jpg

BTW, since you're from Upstate NY and know the Fucillo commercials, do you remember the Justin Resnick/Resnick's Mattress commercials?

That's funny about Flo's character!

Actually, I've only been back in Upstate NY for about 4 years. I don't remember those Resnick commercials.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 29 2009, 11:26 AM)
I like Flo.

I find her attractive.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 29 2009, 11:56 AM)
I like Flo.

I find her attractive.

Are we all demented? laugh.gif

What is it? Her big clear eyes? Her red red lips? Her perkiness? I don't know.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 29 2009, 12:56 PM)
I like Flo.

I find her attractive.

trink39.gif