Huh? What? WHAT?

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 10 2005, 10:54 AM)
Right on!! Nothing like a kick a** car stereo!!!!

Mine sounds good to me now...I'd hate to hear a really good one, 'cause then I'd have to sell a kidney to buy one.

Just yesterday I cranked up OLV and drove way too fast down the interstate...I love it!

1022.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 10 2005, 12:11 PM)
Just yesterday I cranked up OLV and drove way too fast down the interstate...I love it!

1022.gif

Careful, I got a speeding ticket doing that exact thing last month. Same song and everything laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 10 2005, 11:14 AM)

1022.gif

Careful, I got a speeding ticket doing that exact thing last month. Same song and everything laugh.gif

That song cries out for fast driving!

"But officer! It's RUSH...One Little Victory! I can't HELP myself. Here, sit down, listen to the drums on the opening..."

Maybe if I said that, and unbuttoned my top button, I'd get by with a warning?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 10 2005, 12:17 PM)

1022.gif

"But officer! It's RUSH...One Little Victory! I can't HELP myself. Here, sit down, listen to the drums on the opening..."

No, GG, I tried that and it didn't help laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 10 2005, 11:19 AM)

1022.gif

Damn...I guess I'd be out of luck then, if it didn't work for you. wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 10 2005, 12:21 PM)

1022.gif

Damn...I guess I'd be out of luck then, if it didn't work for you. wink.gif

Yeah, at that point he started asking me something about whether or not I wanted to go to jail confused13.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 10 2005, 12:21 PM)

Careful, I got a speeding ticket doing that exact thing last month. Same song and everything 

No, GG, I tried that and it didn't help 

Damn...I guess I'd be out of luck then, if it didn't work for you. 

Yeah, at that point he started asking me something about whether or not I wanted to go to jail 

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Mar 10 2005, 10:02 AM)
Y'all might think I'm weird, but I don't listen to music (or anything else) in the car.  Stereo is crappy, no CD player, and I only live three miles from work.

But my license plates say "YYZ."

2.gif

I'd crank it MORE often in the house if the cat didn't go bananas common001.gif On a Satuday in the summer I'm known to put the big monster speakers up in the front windows and rock out the neighborhood, last year they heard Feedback 4 days after it came out!! I think they liked it. I couldn't hear them though. confused13.gif

1022.gif

Hmm. I think I see a story in here..

GhostGirl: (cringing in her seat and rolling down window) Rice!

Officer: (stepping up to her car door) Ma'am, you have any idea how fast you were going?

GhostGirl: (practically crying) I'm so sorry Officer, it's just that One Little Victory came on and I lost track of my speed. You see the drums are so kick ass and pound into you so hard it's like your soul is on fire and blazing at light speed leaving a blur of smoke and sulfur in it's wake and sometimes I'm so into it my foot gets a bit heavy and..

Officer: Wait, wait, wait.. Did you say One Little Victory?

GhostGirl: (wiping her face) Yes.

Officer: Isn't that a Rush song?

GhostGirl: Yes! Yes! Of course it's a Rush song! What do you think I've been trying to tell you?

Officer: (sheepishly) I'm extremely sorry ma'am, I didn't realize you were a Rush fan. Why didn't you show me your card?

GhostGirl: Card?

Officer: Hasn't someone issued you a card yet?

GhostGirl: Uh, no.

Officer: Sigh. (reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small business card) Here, take this.

GhostGirl: (takes the card) What is it?

Officer: Read it.

GhostGirl: (reading) The Female Rush Fan Card. If you ever get in a jam with the law, please give this to the officer in charge. If you are the officer she gave this to, read the following carefully.

The holder of this card is a true, bona fide, died-in-the-wool old school FEMALE Rush fan. Doubt it? Go ahead. Ask her Alex's Lifeson's real last name. Ask her who Neil Peart's gradeschool drum teacher was. She'll laugh in your face at such easy questions. Who the hell do you think you are to give her a ticket? As you well know, Male Rush fans hold positions of power everywhere. One of 'em is going to discover you gave her a ticket, and then what's gonna happen? You guessed it - you're ass is going to get chewed out for 2 hours, and that's if you're lucky. All because you thought you could be cute and give a female Rush fan a traffic violation. Use your brain for once you pig. Just smile and say you stopped the wrong car and get her on her way.

Officer: I'm truly sorry for the mistake. Female Rush fans are a rare breed. Your species must be protected.

GhostGirl: Well it's about time somebody started talking sense.

Officer: I'm sorry if I delayed you in any way. Please get back on your way with all due speed.

GhostGirl: All due speed? Hey, I'm liken' this card already.

Officer: Can I get the door for you?

GhostGirl: Uh, sure. One more thing before I go though.

Officer: Yes ma'am?

GhostGirl: Snowdog is a friend of mine. If I ever hear him getting a ticket again you're going to be hearing from me, got that?

Officer: Yes ma'am. Snowdog. (writes furiously in his pocket notebook). Wait! How am I suppossed to know who "Snowdog" is?

GhostGirl: That's your problem, not mine. (slams car door and speeds off with tires squeeling and OLV blaring.)

Officer: I can't believe I actually met a female Rush fan. Wait til the boys here about this!

GhostGirl, Card-Carrying Female Rush Fan for life. Yeah, you heard right. Now where's that cocktail?

cool.gif

Schro

rofl3.gif x 1000!!!!

Too funny....There should be a 'Teenage' Rush Fan card!!! I mean, I want one...That would look so cool in my wallet!!

Great story Schro!! trink39.gif

Bravo, Schro...your brilliance knows no bounds...WHY didn't someone think of this before? wink.gif

Here we go, gals...let's get 'em printed and into our Kate Spade purses! icon_really_happy_guy.gif And don't leave home without it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Board%20Pics/NWWcard.jpg

Brought to you by Schro, TRF Publicist, and GhostGirl, Card-Carrying Female Rush Fan for life. Yeah, you heard right. Now where's that cocktail? cocktail.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 10 2005, 03:29 PM)
GG - I love it!! You're quick with the artwork!

Oh, yeah...as you can see, I taught 1-0-0-1 everything he knows.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Archived