What would you prefer in concert?

rushfan4life

What would you prefer to see in concert?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to see in concert?

• All of 2112
    • 5 Different Songs

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Mar 10 2005, 01:40 PM)
I would choose both. wink.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Ideal situation really isnt it? tongue.gif

However if I had to choose, it would be 5 different songs. Something along the lines of:

Beneath, Between and Behind

The Fly By Night / In The Mood mix from ATWAS (Killing two birds with one stone 1287.gif )

By-Tor And The Snowdog

Circumstances

Closer To The Heart (It wasnt on the R30 tour and i really want to see that live dammit!)

If you don't play all of 2112, I would think you are crazy. It is the second best Rush song. After YYZ.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Mar 10 2005, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Mar 10 2005, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 10 2005, 01:58 AM)
Five different songs.

The Fountain Of Lamneth (Full)
Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres (Full)
Lessons
The Camera Eye
The Necromancer (Full)

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

Thats not a fair trade! mad.gif

Your trying to kill them.. 1287.gif

Poor Rush dudes..

waffen093.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

Well, it's an equal tradeoff for 2112 in full. wink.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 10 2005, 04:11 PM)
2112 form start to finish. I have never heard it live & in person.

I voted for 5 different songs, but I did get to see 2112 on the T4E tour and it was quite an awesome surprise........ Especially since they played the "Discovery" part in it's entirety.. They didn't even do that on ATWAS.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 10 2005, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 10 2005, 04:11 PM)
2112 form start to finish.  I have never heard it live & in person.

I voted for 5 different songs, but I did get to see 2112 on the T4E tour and it was quite an awesome surprise........ Especially since they played the "Discovery" part in it's entirety.. They didn't even do that on ATWAS.

Unfortunately I missed that tour, I think I may have a boot of it though...

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 10 2005, 02:58 AM)
Five different songs.

The Fountain Of Lamneth (Full)
Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres (Full)
Lessons
The Camera Eye
The Necromancer (Full)

trink39.gif

YES AWESOME CHOICE.

I have seen all of 2112 live so i'd definitely like to see 5 different songs next time around. Perhaps...

Available Light

Between the Wheels

Vital Signs

I think I'm going Bald

In the Mood

I realize In the Mood is a medley staple, but I would like to hear it in it's entirety. I would like to hear Available Light just once so that I can die a happy man.

I have seen all of 2112 live so i'd definitely like to see 5 different songs next time around. Perhaps...

Available Light

Between the Wheels

Vital Signs

I think I'm going Bald

In the Mood

I realize In the Mood is a medley staple, but I would like to hear it in it's entirety. I would like to hear Available Light just once so that I can die a happy man.

edit: sorry double post

I like the way they opened up their R30 tour, by opening with 1 to 1 1/2 minute pieces of songs from their first 6 albums in chronoligical order: Finding My Way-Anthem-Bastille Day-A Passage to Bangkok-Cygnus X-1-Hemispheres then jumped right into Spirit of Radio from their 7th LP. I thought it was a cool way to cover alot of ground since they've got such an expansive library to choose from. I loke 2112 in its entirety also, but like Jerry Stiller said at the end, "What? You still here? 31 songs not enough for you?"

i really wanna see some counterparts songs live...i would choose 5 different songs, i think the five songs would be better than 2112...2112 still kicks major ass though biggrin.gif

BTW, I choose the 5 songs. At this point in their career, 2112 has all those high, high notes that Geddy can't quite hit anymore. Musically there is noooo problem, but if they don't feel passionate about a song, they're not gonna get off on it live, which in turn means there are not gonna play it. On their VT and R30 tours, they played the Intro, Temples, and the Grand Finale, which was fine by me. We all have our own setlists we'd like to hear. Here are my 5 songs:

Natural Science (VT tour, excellent)

Between Sun and Moon

Red Barchetta (R30 tour, also excellent)

Lakeside Park

Xanadu (R30 , most excellent!)

Guest Quigley_Moog
I would rather hear five different songs since I have Different Stages. I'd love to hear them play Fly By Night again.

Having seen 2112 in its entirety many, many times now, I would very much prefer to see Hemispheres in a complete fashion. My answer might have been different ten or fifteen years ago but Hemispheres has always been my favorite album.

Paul 2.gif

Archived