Greatest final lines...

Tom Sawyer

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

"They took him right down that road."

"What'd he look like, Drag?"

"Yeah, what'd he look like?"

"He had his eyes opened or closed, Drag?"

"He was smiling...That's right. You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Old Luke, he was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker."

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 11 2009, 11:51 AM)
"They took him right down that road."

"What'd he look like, Drag?"

"Yeah, what'd he look like?"

"He had his eyes opened or closed, Drag?"

"He was smiling...That's right. You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Old Luke, he was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker."

I love closing lines like this one, and the ones from "Jaws" and "2001" that sort of give you an idea of what the movie was like.

"In the Year of Our Lord, 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn.

They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen

and won their freedom."

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jun 11 2009, 01:40 PM)
"In the Year of Our Lord, 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn.

They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen

and won their freedom."

YES!

Great one! trink39.gif