Rush fiction

Mara

Okay, people. I am putting myself out here BIG TIME. I really think it's the anonymity. At least if you laugh at me, it won't be to my face! laugh.gif

During down time at home I like to write, just sort of for myself. Other than having been editor of my high school newspaper (award-winning, thank you very much), I don't have any sort of formal writing education.

Anyway, I don't generally share with anyone, even family and close friends. But. . .this is TRF, and I have about a "chapter" and a half so far of fiction featuring my favorite drummer. I have not changed his name, though, of course, other liberties have been taken. It's sort of shaping up as a romance, but not one of those bodice-rippers with Fabio on the cover. I use polysyllabic words, promise! (No, I am not the female protagonist). I am pleasantly surprised at how it's coming along thus far.

Would anyone want to read this? I can post what I have after I finish "Chapter 2", and you guys can critique, let me know if you want me to continue posting as I am able? Sort of a serial kind of thing.

If it makes any difference, there will probably be sex somewhere in it, though not graphic in a Hustler kind of a way! I think this might appeal more the the women here. . .

Won't hurt my feelings if no one is interested. Just thought I'd ask.

Edited by Mara

Just post the sex parts. wink.gif
  • Like 3

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jun 9 2009, 11:00 PM)
Just post the sex parts. wink.gif

I did say it wouldn't be Hustler-type sex, dude. . . tongue.gif

I'd love to read it, Mara. smile.gif If you're not posting it on here, PM or e-mail it to me, whichever you prefer.

I've always had a soft spot for fanfic tongue.gif but I've never read any featuring Neil!

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 10 2009, 09:22 AM)
I'd love to read it, Mara. smile.gif If you're not posting it on here, PM or e-mail it to me, whichever you prefer.
I've always had a soft spot for fanfic tongue.gif but I've never read any featuring Neil!

me too! smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 10 2009, 12:51 PM)

me too! smile.gif

I love fanfic - it's a guilty pleasure. Some of it's really well-written, too.

Will probably post the 1st 2 chapters ("Neil's" appearance is mostly introductory at this point), but am trying to get up the nerve.

I just thought it might be something different, since there's no REAL Rush news.

We could always try publishing the 3-word story threat from RTB. . .

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2009, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 10 2009, 12:51 PM)

me too! smile.gif

I love fanfic - it's a guilty pleasure. Some of it's really well-written, too.

Will probably post the 1st 2 chapters ("Neil's" appearance is mostly introductory at this point), but am trying to get up the nerve.

I just thought it might be something different, since there's no REAL Rush news.

We could always try publishing the 3-word story threat from RTB. . .

I think a sexy three-word-story game involving the individual members would be interesting. And fun!

I'm up for reading your steamy Neil story Mara.

As long as there are lots of sex parts. So, is it more like a romance then instead of a steamy sex story? sad.gif

tongue.gif

Oh, I plan on some steamy sex. But no, it isn't end-to-end sex. That isn't the plan right now, anyway! But rest assured, Neil and his super-smart and sexy GF-to-be (who has a couple hangups just so she's kinda real) will be banging the socks off of each other. I have not written sex scenes before. Not on paper, anyway. I figure there will be some writer's block somewhere.

I'd love a horndog 3-word Rush story thread! As long as we, the TRF members, get to write ourselves in!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2009, 12:35 PM)
I'd love a horndog 3-word Rush story thread!  As long as we, the TRF members, get to write ourselves in!

OOH! We should! We should!

I'm a little nervous about it though. My threads often stink but I am willing to start a sex-themed, three-word-story game on Alex. You take Neil and we'll have to see if one of the GeddyGals would be interested in starting one.

Should we? Be honest.

Or would just one thread be better than three individual ones? I'm never good at making executive decisions.

ETA: So what have you decided about posting your Neil story?

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 10 2009, 02:54 PM)
I'd love a horndog 3-word Rush story thread!  As long as we, the TRF members, get to write ourselves in!

I'm a little nervous about it though. My threads often stink but I am willing to start a sex-themed, three-word-story game on Alex. You take Neil and we'll have to see if one of the GeddyGals would be interested in starting one.

Should we? Be honest.

Or would just one thread be better than three individual ones? I'm never good at making executive decisions.

ETA: So what have you decided about posting your Neil story?

Janie... I know YOU would be interested in a few bits of erotica I wrote about Alex. yes.gif PM me if you want some excerps. wink.gif

Mara- don't be shy... just let loose girl. That's what writing is for. I have been writing for years both professionally and just for fun. Let your imagination run wild, Neil can do anything or look like any age you want. Like he can be 70's Neil with the stache and tight pants and shirts, or he can be 80s Neil with the rattail...

or he can look like now. smile.gif

It's so much fun... just write the story how you want it to turn out and then others will get what they want out of it.

I can't wait to read it.

biggrin.gif

Okay. I need to get home and do a last little edit-check, and I'll post it. So far I am happy with it, interestingly. Warning: they are just meeting, and not jumping right in the sack! So far, except for some expletives, it's tame. It will get naughtier, though. Promise.

I do kinda want it to have an actual plot, so it ain't gonna be straight-ahead screwing. There will be some other story lines, and some mushy stuff too.

And I think one thread might be best to start with for the three-word story. . .just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 10 2009, 08:54 PM)

Should we? Be honest.

I have written some stuff about Geddy before, as folks who are also on CP will know about... wink.gif

But I've never been comfortable doing things like 3-word-stories (or 'round-robin' stories, which there is also a thread for on CP) I guess I prefer to work solo.. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 10 2009, 01:43 PM)
I'm def interested in seeing it... I can show you some scribblins of my own if you're interested.

Love to read your work! Anything you feel comfortable posting.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2009, 03:52 PM)
I'm def interested in seeing it... I can show you some scribblins of my own if you're interested.

Well I probably won't post anything I've written here cause this is a family board. But if the admins make an adults only section then I might be compelled to share on a wider scale here. But I can send ya some stuff if you would like. Just PM me. smile.gif

Awww no straight jumping into the sack? Aww well.. well mine should pick up the slack from that then. tongue.gif As a few CP-ers well know. yes.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 10 2009, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 10 2009, 08:54 PM)

Should we? Be honest.

I have written some stuff about Geddy before, as folks who are also on CP will know about... wink.gif

But I've never been comfortable doing things like 3-word-stories (or 'round-robin' stories, which there is also a thread for on CP) I guess I prefer to work solo.. tongue.gif

Ah yes Jaye... I really liked the first one you posted. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 10 2009, 01:58 PM)

Well I probably won't post anything I've written here cause this is a family board. But if the admins make an adults only section then I might be compelled to share on a wider scale here.

Has there ever been talk of a private thread here? Could the admins do that for us? I know all about the one on CP but I really don't like that board and would prefer to have something here.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 10 2009, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 10 2009, 01:58 PM)

Well I probably won't post anything I've written here cause this is a family board. But if the admins make an adults only section then I might be compelled to share on a wider scale here.

Has there ever been talk of a private thread here? Could the admins do that for us? I know all about the one on CP but I really don't like that board and would prefer to have something here.

I suppose we could request one be made. It might have already been requested in the past.. I dunno. Won't hurt to ask. smile.gif

Edited by Mara

Thank you! Really? I'm glad. Suggestions are welcome.

I know there are so many characters intro'd so far (my personal fave right now is Elliott the gay astronaut). . .that this is going to end up at the present rate as kind of a novella. If not more.

Next. . .the big date. . .working on ideas.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2009, 06:12 PM)
Thank you! Really? I'm glad. Suggestions are welcome.

I know there are so many characters intro'd so far (my personal fave right now is Elliott the gay astronaut). . .that this is going to end up at the present rate as kind of a novella. If not more.

Next. . .the big date. . .working on ideas.

Ya that's the thing about writing a lot of background in the beginning.. it kinda builds the framework for how the rest of the story is going to go. While I like doing that in the beginning because it helps build the structure... it can be a trap sometimes. Because if the idea becomes to complex and there's too many storylines going then the focal point can be lost and you can get lost in other matters. If you follow a structure then you shouldn't lose sight of your course.

trink39.gif

I love it, Mara! I agree with YBT - great writing smile.gif

I like Elliott a lot too. I almost cheered when he got the mission. tongue.gif

I can't wait to read Clare's date with Neil, and I'd love to find out the reactions of the guys when they find out Clare is dating their favourite drummer! biggrin.gif

Glad you like! I had a couple of false starts on "date night" today, but I'm stalled temporarily, playing a couple of different angles.

And yeah, I have some ideas on the whole thing with Neil meeting Clare's work buddies. It's fun so far.

I thought it lent a little more credibility to have Clare not be a total fangirl - more interesting that she's oblivious to the point of not knowing his last name, and only recognizes him because some of the astros have posters in their offices!