Alex goes back to court today

Sodoff Baldrick

Good luck Alex, lets hope the judge is in a good mood. Or should I say, I hope your attorney and the judge have a nice cozy relationship. Let's hope the judge isn't one of those "Southern, I hate Canada Judges".

Keeping strong faith that all will be ok with Al.

Good luck Big Al!

We should all meet at the Tiki Lounge later if he wins his case! laugh.gif

Rush Guitarist Heads For Trial After NYE Brawl

Naples Daily News

A trial date has been set for the lead guitarist of the internationally known rock group Rush, who is facing felony charges for an altercation with Collier County deputies at the Ritz-Carlton on New Year's Eve 2004.

Alex Zivojinovich, who is accused of pushing a female deputy down a hotel stairwell and spitting his blood on a male officer, is scheduled to stand trial for assault charges on May 16.

"I think it's going to trial May 16," said his Naples defense attorney Jerry Berry as he was leaving the courthouse on Wednesday morning. But trial could be avoided if the state and defense reach a plea agreement in the meantime. A judge on Wednesday also approved of scheduling an April 27 "sounding hearing." At these hearings, a judge can accept a plea bargain. Berry and the prosecutor weren't talking about whether plea discussions are underway.

Prosecutor Rich Montecalvo said there is no plea yet. "We're not even at that stage yet. . . I can't talk about that. I don't know what's going to happen," he said as he was walking out of the courtroom on Wednesday.

A continuance of the case was agreed upon by Berry and Montecalvo. "There are some other witnesses we've located. We're taking their depositions, Berry said.

It has been more than a year since Alex Zivojinovich, known on stage as Alex Lifeson, was arrested for scuffling with Collier County sheriff's deputies at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples at a New Year's Eve bash ringing in 2004.

He is facing two third-degree felony charges that could carry five-year prison sentences.

Should be finished by 2010....

Let's be serious. Will he go to jail? I know it's probably a cliche, but Rock Stars don't go to jail. He'll post bail, or make a bargain, or maybe even be found innocent!

Nobody really knows what will happen, but my guess is ... most likely it will be reduced down to misdemeanor charges of simple assault and resisting arrest and he will be placed on a 1 year probation and community services with a fine.

He has no history, and no one was really hurt.

But who knows really?

QUOTE (Pyre_89 @ Mar 9 2005, 04:45 PM)
Let's be serious. Will he go to jail? I know it's probably a cliche, but Rock Stars don't go to jail. He'll post bail, or make a bargain, or maybe even be found innocent!

Don't tell that to Tommy Lee!!!!

QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Mar 9 2005, 05:07 PM)
We'll just hope for the best. smile.gif

yes.gif I'd like to see all three boys back on stage before they retire

Just found this on the web:

A trial date has been set for the lead guitarist of the internationally known rock group Rush, who is facing felony charges for an altercation with Collier County (FL.) deputies at the Ritz-Carlton on New Year's Eve 2004. Alex Zivojinovich, who is accused of pushing a female deputy down a hotel stairwell and spitting his blood on a male officer, is scheduled to stand trial for assault charges on May 16.

"I think it's going to trial May 16," said his Naples (FL.)defense attorney Jerry Berry as he was leaving the courthouse on Wednesday morning. But trial could be avoided if the state and defense reach a plea agreement in the meantime. A judge on Wednesday also approved of scheduling an April 27 "sounding hearing." At these hearings, a judge can accept a plea bargain. Berry and the prosecutor weren't talking about whether plea discussions are underway.

Prosecutor Rich Montecalvo said there is no plea yet. "We're not even at that stage yet. . . I can't talk about that. I don't know what's going to happen," he said as he was walking out of the courtroom on Wednesday. A continuance of the case was agreed upon by Berry and Montecalvo. "There are some other witnesses we've located. We're taking their depositions, Berry said. It has been more than a year since Alex Zivojinovich, known on stage as Alex Lifeson, was arrested for scuffling with Collier County sheriff's deputies at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples at a New Year's Eve bash ringing in 2004. He is facing two third-degree felony charges that could carry five-year prison sentences.

QUOTE (yyz @ Mar 9 2005, 07:26 PM)
Wait I think I missed a story. I don't even know why Alex is in court in the first place. confused13.gif

goodpost.gif look three posts up thata way ^

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 9 2005, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Mar 9 2005, 07:26 PM)
Wait I think I missed a story. I don't even know why Alex is in court in the first place. confused13.gif

What? You don't even know why Alex is in court???? ohmy.gif

As I said, I think I missed a story... wink.gif

May 16 is the trial date ohmy.gif

Rush Guitarist Heads For Trial After NYE Brawl

MusicWednesday, March 09, 2005 at 3:21 PM

A trial date has been set for the lead guitarist of the internationally known rock group Rush, who is facing felony charges for an altercation with Collier County (FL.) deputies at the Ritz-Carlton on New Year's Eve 2004. Alex Zivojinovich, who is accused of pushing a female deputy down a hotel stairwell and spitting his blood on a male officer, is scheduled to stand trial for assault charges on May 16.

"I think it's going to trial May 16," said his Naples (FL.)defense attorney Jerry Berry as he was leaving the courthouse on Wednesday morning. But trial could be avoided if the state and defense reach a plea agreement in the meantime. A judge on Wednesday also approved of scheduling an April 27 "sounding hearing." At these hearings, a judge can accept a plea bargain. Berry and the prosecutor weren't talking about whether plea discussions are underway.

Prosecutor Rich Montecalvo said there is no plea yet. "We're not even at that stage yet. . . I can't talk about that. I don't know what's going to happen," he said as he was walking out of the courtroom on Wednesday. A continuance of the case was agreed upon by Berry and Montecalvo. "There are some other witnesses we've located. We're taking their depositions, Berry said. It has been more than a year since Alex Zivojinovich, known on stage as Alex Lifeson, was arrested for scuffling with Collier County sheriff's deputies at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples at a New Year's Eve bash ringing in 2004. He is facing two third-degree felony charges that could carry five-year prison sentences.

http://www.mediagab.com/story.asp?id=1601

Archived