Do Rush Fans Like ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN?

Any DOKKEN FANS on here?

I loved this band back in the Day. It's never been the same since the great George Lynch left and formed his own group LYNCHMOB. Good shit by the way until George fell on his head and did some fukkin' techno rock record. Complete waste of time.

So let's review old schoolers, all of the DOKKEN records with George are ROKKEN!!!!

"BREAKING THE CHAINS"

"TOOTH AND NAIL"

"UNDER LOCK AND KEY"

"BACK FOR THE ATTACK"

"DYSFUNCTIONAL"

These records rip although I will give Reb Beach some props on the Dokken album called "ERASE THE SLATE." Excellent album.

The new album with Jon Levin on guitar is actually very good too. It's called "LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN." Too Bad Don's voice is shot to shit these daze.

My favorite George Lynch DOKKEN record is "BACK FOR THE ATTACK." The record goes on and on and on. It's a beaut. The opening track "KISS OF DEATH" is my favorite Dokken song period.

Remember the hit "DREAM WARRIORS?" You better kids or you might die in your sleep tonight.

Sincerely,

Freddie Kruger

Dream Warriors and Breaking the Chains are some of the most annoying songs I can think of, not a fan of Dokken. Lynchmob were rather good though, and Reb Beach's other band Winger

In My Dreams was a good jam.

If you watch that video notice that few musicians have posed quite as hard as bassist Jeff Pilson. That guy was hoping to pick up some girlz with that video.

QUOTE (J0N @ Jun 6 2009, 05:03 AM)
Dream Warriors and Breaking the Chains are some of the most annoying songs I can think of, not a fan of Dokken. Lynchmob were rather good though, and Reb Beach's other band Winger

I hear ya on "Breaking The Chains." My favorite tune on that album is the live "PARIS IS BURNING."

"Dream Warriors" is the weakest song on "BACK FOR THE ATTACK."

The first two Lynchmob albums are great. I love Lynch's "skull guitars."

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2009, 05:38 AM)
If you watch that video notice that few musicians have posed quite as hard as bassist Jeff Pilson. That guy was hoping to pick up some girlz with that video.

Very true. I also like that water effect they do with Wild Mick Brown. When he hits his floor toms all that water flies up in the air.

Pilson is underrated.

Guess what band he's in today?

FOREIGNER

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 6 2009, 02:30 PM)
If you watch that video notice that few musicians have posed quite as hard as bassist Jeff Pilson.  That guy was hoping to pick up some girlz with that video.

Very true. I also like that water effect they do with Wild Mick Brown. When he hits his floor toms all that water flies up in the air.

Pilson is underrated.

FOREIGNER

nice.

I am a big Dokken fan. I actually bought and still have 2 LPs (bought in Canada) from them. George and his brother (Steve from Autograph) are some of my favorite 80s lead guitarists.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2009, 07:38 AM)

I saw Jeff Pilson playing with Foreigner last summer, he's still playing with all that posing and hair tossing. Not sure he can play without it. biggrin.gif

(That Foreigner show was a good one too!)

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:51 PM)
Any DOKKEN FANS on here?

Remember the hit "DREAM WARRIORS?" You better kids or you might die in your sleep tonight.

Sincerely,
Freddie Kruger

bekloppt.gif I'm one, 666!!!!!

And Dream Warriors ROCKED that movie!!! . . . IMO, the best of the Freddie's!

You are all my children, NOW!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

If you watch that video notice that few musicians have posed quite as hard as bassist Jeff Pilson.  That guy was hoping to pick up some girlz with that video.

Pilson is underrated.

FOREIGNER

Foreigner's still around?

QUOTE (MCM @ Jul 1 2009, 10:00 PM)
I saw Jeff Pilson playing with Foreigner last summer, he's still playing with all that posing and hair tossing. Not sure he can play without it. biggrin.gif

Is Jason Bonham still playing with Foreigner as well. That's news to me with Pilson, I always wondered what Dokken would have been like with Juan Crocier (Ratt) instead of Jeff...

QUOTE (raptorcox @ Jul 2 2009, 04:30 PM)
I saw Jeff Pilson playing with Foreigner last summer, he's still playing with all that posing and hair tossing.  Not sure he can play without it.  biggrin.gif

Is Jason Bonham still playing with Foreigner as well. That's news to me with Pilson, I always wondered what Dokken would have been like with Juan Crocier (Ratt) instead of Jeff...

No, Jason left Foreigner this past fall, right about the time all the Zeppelin rumors were flying. I glad I did get to see him play, I don't know what he's doing now except staying home with his kids which was his official reason for leaving the band.

QUOTE (MCM @ Jul 2 2009, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (raptorcox @ Jul 2 2009, 04:30 PM)
I saw Jeff Pilson playing with Foreigner last summer, he's still playing with all that posing and hair tossing.  Not sure he can play without it.  biggrin.gif

No, Jason left Foreigner this past fall, right about the time all the Zeppelin rumors were flying. I glad I did get to see him play, I don't know what he's doing now except staying home with his kids which was his official reason for leaving the band.

I saw Jason with his band, Bonham (along with The Cult, and Dangerous Toys) in the late 80s. He was very, very good. Thanks for the update!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 2 2009, 12:44 PM)

Pilson is underrated.

FOREIGNER

Foreigner's still around?

Foreigner can be hired for only $25,000 per show.

My friend Timmie hired them two summers ago to play at the New Bedford Portuguese Madeira Feast - - big local outdoor tacky drunkfest!

Hare biggrin.gif

Edited by Tortoise and Hare

DOKKEN REUNITES WITH GEORGE LYNCH AND JEFF PILSON AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES ANAHEIM

November 30, 2009

A little history went down at the House of Blues Anaheim last night. All the original members of multi-platinum-selling pop metal quartet Dokken reunited on stage for the first time in more than a decade. The show featured individual sets by Lynch Mob (with George Lynch) and Dokken. Pity on those who left before the enormous encore.

Don Dokken appeared on stage and said he had some friends he wanted to introduce. Jeff Pilson (original bassist) and George Lynch (guitars) joined Mick Brown (drums) for a two song encore of "When Heaven Comes Down" and "In My Dreams." The HOB audience went crazy.

Allways liked Dokken, more than most 80's groups

We saw them about 6 weeks ago with Ratt & Great White

Dokken had just got back from Japan & touring with Judas Priest

The Highlight was they played -- Dream Warriors -- Excellent

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 4 2009, 08:56 AM)
DOKKEN REUNITES WITH GEORGE LYNCH AND JEFF PILSON AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES ANAHEIM
November 30, 2009

A little history went down at the House of Blues Anaheim last night. All the original members of multi-platinum-selling pop metal quartet Dokken reunited on stage for the first time in more than a decade. The show featured individual sets by Lynch Mob (with George Lynch) and Dokken. Pity on those who left before the enormous encore.

Don Dokken appeared on stage and said he had some friends he wanted to introduce. Jeff Pilson (original bassist) and George Lynch (guitars) joined Mick Brown (drums) for a two song encore of "When Heaven Comes Down" and "In My Dreams." The HOB audience went crazy.

I saw a video clip of them performing "In My Dreams" and I was slightly bummed.

Don Dokken's voice sounded like shit, he had no energy and he looked like a mall Santa. He is way too plump these days. George was shredding as usual but why was he smoking a cigarette while playing. Weak. At least he put out the cigarette before is ripping solo.

Pilson was good and so was Wild Mick Brown.

I know these guys are labeled as the "original" line up, but can you name me the real original bass player in DOKKEN?

He was on the "BREAKING THE CHAINS" album.

Here's a hint:

RATT 'N ROLL

Loved them back in the day. Saw them open up for Twisted Sister though, and they were terrible. I was right up front and you could actually feel the tension between Don and George. Lynch wouldn't even move and sometimes played so close to being OFF the stage it was pathetic. Jeff, as much of a poser as he is, was the most entertaining of the bunch. And though he's a poser... he's a hell of a bass player.

Think I just heard on That Metal Show, that Dokken and Lynch Mob will be touring TOGETHER. Whether that means that Lynch will join Dokken onstage, remains to be seen, but it would be cool. I'd like to see that. 1022.gif

I'm just wondering how long it will take before Don and George realize how much they hate each other and then its all over again... same thing happened in 1995 on the Dysfunctional tour... I saw them twice, got my Back for the Attack cassette autographed by George, Jeff, and Mick, which was very very cool though.

George is one of my favorite guitar players on the planet, and I agree with the sentiment that Back for the Attack was their best album. Hell I'll go an extra step and say that BftA is one of the best rock albums in the 80s, period.