Should I get a Rush tattoo?

sanzo

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 9 2005, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (furie @ Mar 9 2005, 02:55 PM)
It's not Rush she objects to, just the starman.

The lady I'm dating has the same issue, it has to do wiht him being naked.

I have been thinking of a tattoo also....I want to get the "ekg" pulse from Permanent Waves around my bicep & have it fade into RUSH ala the Hemisheres logo & fade back into the "ekg" pulse again. The ekg pulse would be in black & the RUSH would be outlined in black with red fill. RUSH would be about 1" - 1.5" tall.

As soon as I can get over being a wuss,I'll see about a good tattoo srtist.

You're not being a wuss.

I have two tatts. It's freaky with the "medical -ish" atmosphere (smells, rubber gloves and all that) for me, but once they start, it is fine. It really doesn't hurt at all.

When my back was done, every time that it got to the point where I almost couldn't take it, the guy seemed to know and he'd take a little break, wipe away the blood and shit and carry on.

You'll be fine.

It's kind of erotic actually. ohmy.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Aug 1 2006, 02:35 PM)
I've been thinking of getting the p/g symbol from Grace under Pressure put on my arm. I think it's obscure enough for people to not know it's Rush related and tasteful enough for close minded people to not want to hire me for having it.

Careful with that. People who aren't in the know might ask "Why does it say 'pig' on your arm?"

I have been thinking about a Rush tattoo a lot lately. I am only thirteen, but I think it would be really cool. My friend, who is either thirteen or fourteen got a tattoo on her ankle, so do you HAVE to be eighteen to get tattoos or what? Anyway, the pics below would be cool as tattoos I think:

I actually have this shirt, somewhere, it's cool. Anyway, the top picture, see the white skull with the bones that says Rush? I think that'd be kind of cool.

http://www.maz.ca/wgas/pictures/EM7500829.JPG

Or maybe just the word Rush in the Roll the Bones style thing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/99/Rush_roll_the_bones.jpg/200px-Rush_roll_the_bones.jpg

I have been thinking about the Starman, but I know that everyone would always ask why I have a naked man tattooed on me. I wore my Rush shirt to school with the Starman on it, and a girl was like, "Is that a NAKED DUDE on your shirt?" So, I dunno.. unsure.gif

My chief engineer has a bunch of tattoos from when he was in the navy and is planning to get his kids' names tattooed on his chest. He's always badgering me to get a Rush tattoo, even though he's not a fan, ever since I told him about the ones I saw at rushcon 5.

I'm still thinking about it, I'm not the tattoo type. If I did though it would probably be the starman.

I'm getting my motorcycle custom painted with a Rush theme. It will have images from all the album covers with the 2112 starfield as a backdrop over the entire bike. The sides of the tank will have the VT fireball with the vapor trail morphing into the words "Ghost of a Rider"

The basic layout is finished, we're just waiting for cooler weather for him to start work on it 'cause it's so damned hot in his paint shop in the summer.

I am happy to say, I have 2 Rush tattoos. The first one has a combination of things(my daughter was born on St.Patricks Day, so I got a 4 leaf clover and in each clover it spells out RUSH and her name underneath it. My second one is more detailed(it's the rabbit coming out of the hat on the presto cover, then underneath it, it has 4 dice ala Roll The Bones and on the dice it has 2112 on the dice..example one dice has 2 dots, then the next one has one dot, then one dot, then finally 2 dots. And I am happy to say, my wife loves them, it doesn't hurt that she is a huge fan also.

I'm only 14, and I have a feeling that any type of tattoo would be a bad idea because from the sounds of it, your tattoo gets sucked out extremely painfully in the MRI if you ever need one. Although, somebody mentioned the star from 2112 and I think this would trigger non-Rush fans to assume satanism unsure.gif

If I were to EVER get one, it would be the Inukshuk from T4E. So cool cool.gif

Your last Post Answered your own Question

Your ONLY 19 years

Atleast Wait till you 21 maybe 25 would be even better before you permantly mark your body !!

In My Mind, Tattoos were for Sailors & Prisoners

Not Pretty Girls or Wanna Be Bad Boys !

But That Tattoo of the RUSH OWL was Awesome !

QUOTE (gna2112 @ Aug 2 2006, 08:48 PM)
I am happy to say, I have 2 Rush tattoos. The first one has a combination of things(my daughter was born on St.Patricks Day, so I got a 4 leaf clover and in each clover it spells out RUSH and her name underneath it. My second one is more detailed(it's the rabbit coming out of the hat on the presto cover, then underneath it, it has 4 dice ala Roll The Bones and on the dice it has 2112 on the dice..example one dice has 2 dots, then the next one has one dot, then one dot, then finally 2 dots. And I am happy to say, my wife loves them, it doesn't hurt that she is a huge fan also.

I've got to see pics man. Those sound amazing.

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Aug 3 2006, 12:40 PM)
Don't get any sort of tatoo!
They make women look cheap and men look rough and it will stand in the way of you getting a job one day.

A day will come when you will definitely regret it.

I hate blanket staments like this one. It's just such a sweeping generalization and it just perpetuates the stereo types that have been crammed down our throats.

I'm 36 years old. I think I know what I will and will not regret thanks.

They make women look cheap and men look rough and it will stand in the way of you getting a job one day.

Make women look cheap, make men look rough? I think if I decide to get a tattoo it won't make me look cheap in any way, and I personally like guys with tattoos. I doubt it would stop me from getting a job. I want to make some scary movies and stuff, so I doubt that a tattoo or two will get in the way of that. Personally, I think your comment about this was very stereotypical, and wrong. Tattoos are a cool way to express things you like, and Rush would be a perfect idea for a tattoo. I mean, I wouldn't want to cover myself in tattoos, but I certainly want to get one or two, or three, or four, or five. No, kidding, three at the most. laugh.gif

They used to say the same thing about pierced ears, at least around here.

I've got a butterfly tat, and I don't regret it in the least. I've toyed with the idea of getting something else, but I'm not sure what.

Don't think I'm going to go the Kanji route, though - according to one of the guys here, this one new secretary's tat that she claims says "beautiful" really says "beef with broccoli..."

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Aug 3 2006, 02:15 PM)

Make women look cheap, make men look rough? I think if I decide to get a tattoo it won't make me look cheap in any way, and I personally like guys with tattoos. I doubt it would stop me from getting a job. I want to make some scary movies and stuff, so I doubt that a tattoo or two will get in the way of that. Personally, I think your comment about this was very stereotypical, and wrong. Tattoos are a cool way to express things you like, and Rush would be a perfect idea for a tattoo. I mean, I wouldn't want to cover myself in tattoos, but I certainly want to get one or two, or three, or four, or five. No, kidding, three at the most. laugh.gif

agreed.

Sorry folks but I know high end jobs that a that would definitely exclude tat wearers. (they find them in the medicals) In addition, it is clear that there is tat trend right now, so particularly the below 18 year olds on this forum should not do anything they can't go back on.

Oh yeah, and I really do think it makes women look cheap....sorry.

Archived