Krautrock

rushgoober

Again, anything new or mildly diverting? Jeez, there was me thinking you were some kind of self-appointed resident K-rock sage and oracle.

Pffft.

Are you being sarcastic/facetious, or have you actually already heard all of that?

Sorry, thanks for the PM, meant to get back to you. Yes, from the above only Dzyan stumped me, but the rest I either have on album or various K rock comps. God knows, there's enough of them. Love Broselmaschine & Wallenstein. Do you like Birth Control? Or Walpurgis(Queen of Saba is excellent)?

Yes, I was being slightly facetious.....!!

HAHA I was listening to Kraftwerk I when I viewed this thread. I am not familiar with much of this genre so thanks for the tips as usual.

footnote: A bit out of bounds for this thread but Kraftwerk performed their albums at Moma last month over 8 consecutive nights. Check it out on youtube and other places for listening pleasure.

Sorry, thanks for the PM, meant to get back to you. Yes, from the above only Dzyan stumped me, but the rest I either have on album or various K rock comps. God knows, there's enough of them. Love Broselmaschine & Wallenstein. Do you like Birth Control? Or Walpurgis(Queen of Saba is excellent)?

Wow, well, you know as much Krautrock as I do, maybe more! I'm assuming you know Guru Guru and Popol Vuh? What'd you think of the Dzyan? I love that f*cking album - trippy as all hell and it stays interesting throughout - I have to get their 2nd album too (that one is their third). I have one Birth Control album (pretty disgusting cover on it), but it didn't do much for me. I've heard of Walpurgis, but haven't heard them. Did you really know the Epidaurus album already? Subject ESQ & Saraha? Try these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0JwN4_sAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO6tbnI3KGc

Edited by rushgoober

Wow, well, you know as much Krautrock as I do, maybe more! I'm assuming you know Guru Guru and Popol Vuh? What'd you think of the Dzyan? I love that f*cking album - trippy as all hell and it stays interesting throughout - I have to get their 2nd album too (that one is their third). I have one Birth Control album (pretty disgusting cover on it), but it didn't do much for me. I've heard of Walpurgis, but haven't heard them. Did you really know the Epidaurus album already? Subject ESQ & Saraha? Try these:

In fairness, I think your knowledge and collection far exceeds mine. Love PV & GG. Birth Control are probably more hard rock with a prog twist than Krautrock. You'll enjoy Walpurgis. Love what you've posted, haven't heard of half of it!!!

In fairness, I think your knowledge and collection far exceeds mine. Love PV & GG. Birth Control are probably more hard rock with a prog twist than Krautrock. You'll enjoy Walpurgis. Love what you've posted, haven't heard of half of it!!!

Phew! You were hard to stump. ;)

I finally listened to Ash Ra Tempel's debut today and it was great. Very spacey, and I enjoyed it despite not being on drugs. :LOL:

I also listened to the Guru Guru album Kanguru and Free Electric Sound by Gila. Both were very enjoyable as well. There are so many great bands in this genre that I still need to delve into. I'm going to spend some time tonight/tomorrow listening to the songs posted in this thread.

• Like 1

I finally listened to Ash Ra Tempel's debut today and it was great. Very spacey, and I enjoyed it despite not being on drugs. :LOL:

I also listened to the Guru Guru album Kanguru and Free Electric Sound by Gila. Both were very enjoyable as well. There are so many great bands in this genre that I still need to delve into. I'm going to spend some time tonight/tomorrow listening to the songs posted in this thread.

FWIW, the videos I linked to are just representative songs by those groups, and it's often well worth checking out the entire albums they come from! Glad you're getting more into the genre. :) :ebert:

Just listened to We Keep On by Embryo for the first time. Ace album! The Indian influences work so well in it and those guys can really play. I definitely have to check out their other albums.

Yatha Sidhra's "A Meditation Mass" is really good too. Very beautiful and trippy.

Edited by adace1