Counterparts

Tom Sawyer

1)Is this not the most rockin' Rush album?

2)What's you favorite song off this album?

3)What would be you choice from this album for Rush to do live?

For me it's. 1)Yes!, 2)CTTC, 3)CTTC.

Its not my favourite, but has grown on me recently. Got it in my car now. I'd put it in my Top 6 Studio Albums I think.

Favourite song is probably Alien Shore or CTTC laugh.gif

Live: Ditto wink.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 8 2005, 08:42 AM)
It rocks, no doubt about that.

Favourite - Vascillates between Alien Shore and Cold Fire (which is ahead on points at the moment).

Live? - Alien Shore, Cold Fire and wouldn't it be a blast to hear them try Double Agent on stage??? ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

Madra,

They did Cold Fire and Double Agent during their CP tour. They were both AMAZING. For DA, they had these large spinning prism mirrors drop down from these accordian arms (about 5 or 6 of them). For the chorus, just as the music would drive after Geddy would sing "Wilderness of Mirrors", they would shoot multiple beams of purple light into the mirrors that reflected around the entire arena. It was awesome. They also had flames shoot up during the 2nd chorus when Geddy would sing "Cross of Holy Fire". cool.gif

Quite frankly I don't know why Cold Fire was dropped so quickly. I think it should be played again. CTTC would be a first - and I feel it MUST be done.

BTW - if someone puts up a T4E thread like this. Put me in for Half The World getting put back on the list, along with Totem.

2.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 8 2005, 04:13 AM)

1.) It ROCKS, for sure.

2.) Animate

3.) Animate, the full version, not the shortened version they played on R30

Not my favorite album, but still very solid. Animate is arguably the best song on the album, but Leave That Thing Alone! on Counterparts is arguably their best instrumental.

1. It's a good album. I'll give it that.

2. Animate

3. I would like to hear Cut To The Chase live.

Counterparts is one of my all time favs and it will always have a special meaning for me.

It's the first album of theirs that I was anticipating and waiting like crazy to be released. It was just after Roll The Bones was released that I went off the ledge with these guys and bought the entire collection (what I didn't already have) - then caught the live show twice.

CP came a year or so later and I begged the girl at the record store to sell it to me a day early (on my birthday). She agreed - because she had a crush on me. You know, 'cause I'm hot like that. cool.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 8 2005, 11:28 AM)
You know, 'cause I'm hot like that. cool.gif

I know dat's right. wink.gif

Way to bring it, pags! Tee hee cool.gif

Good post, I have really been into this album as of late. Excellent recording yes.gif I love CTTC but if I had to pick a song for them to do live especially if I could see it would be DOUBLE AGENT that tune Kicks Ass!!! I wish Alex would play more of this style it seems to be alot heavier than some of his other stuff.

troutman trink39.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 8 2005, 05:13 AM)

1) "Counterparts" is definitely rockin'.

2) "Everyday Glory" is underrated in my opinion.

3) "Everyday Glory"

CP was the album that I gladly proclaimed "Rush is Back!!!"

They came full circle back to a heavier sound and the album has an incredible sound with just the right mix of heaviness and cleaness.. (if that makes any sense).

1) Yes. Best Rush album post P/G.

2) Tough to pick a favorite. I'm kind of partial to Everyday Glory. Cold Fire, LTTA, and CTTC are also up there.

3) Probably Cut to the Chase to hear live, although I don't think they ever will. As great as that song is, the texture might be hard to reproduce live and that is probably why they have not played it.

2.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 8 2005, 12:28 PM)
Counterparts is one of my all time favs and it will always have a special meaning for me.

It's the first album of theirs that I was anticipating and waiting like crazy to be released. It was just after Roll The Bones was released that I went off the ledge with these guys and bought the entire collection (what I didn't already have) - then caught the live show twice.

CP came a year or so later and I begged the girl at the record store to sell it to me a day early (on my birthday). She agreed - because she had a crush on me. You know, 'cause I'm hot like that. cool.gif

laugh.gif

....did you give her anything in return for that Pag's? laugh.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 8 2005, 08:28 PM)

It's the first album of theirs that I was anticipating and waiting like crazy to be released.  It was just after Roll The Bones was released that I went off the ledge with these guys and bought the entire collection (what I didn't already have) - then caught the live show twice.

CP came a year or so later and I begged the girl at the record store to sell it to me a day early (on my birthday).  She agreed - because she had a crush on me.  You know, 'cause I'm hot like that.  cool.gif

laugh.gif

Careful Rick, this is a family forum

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 8 2005, 03:28 PM)

It's the first album of theirs that I was anticipating and waiting like crazy to be released.  It was just after Roll The Bones was released that I went off the ledge with these guys and bought the entire collection (what I didn't already have) - then caught the live show twice.

CP came a year or so later and I begged the girl at the record store to sell it to me a day early (on my birthday).  She agreed - because she had a crush on me.  You know, 'cause I'm hot like that.  cool.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Archived