Open Secrets

sfuentes

I love this song. Out of all the songs in the Rush catalogue, this one seems to give me some of the most visual images in my mind. Just listening to it with some headphones on transports me to some unknown place, like my mind is wandering out of my body. To top that off, I think that it is one of the most underrated songs in the Rush catalogue. Brilliant! 2.gif

Open Secrets was really the first song I heard from Hold Your Fire that was different from the two I already knew from Chronicles. So when I bought HYF.... Force Ten played... AWESOME. Time Stand Still played... AWESOME.

And then this 3rd song began, and all I could remember was thinking WOW - this is N I C E!! I have never grown tired of this song. And it has such a great message behind it. "Let It Go"

I'm about to leave for work. This song is getting blasted!!!! 653.gif

Thanks Sterling! cool.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 8 2005, 04:57 AM)
Open Secrets was really the first song I heard from Hold Your Fire that was different from the two I already knew from Chronicles. So when I bought HYF.... Force Ten played... AWESOME. Time Stand Still played... AWESOME.

And then this 3rd song began, and all I could remember was thinking WOW - this is N I C E!! I have never grown tired of this song. And it has such a great message behind it. "Let It Go"

I'm about to leave for work. This song is getting blasted!!!! 653.gif

Thanks Sterling! cool.gif

No problem! The song is awesome!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Mar 8 2005, 09:21 AM)
Open Secrets is definitely my favourite song from HYF. There is a wonderful quality about the whole that is just fantastic. Definitly one of Rush's forgotten classics.

Ditto. Best song on HYF.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Mar 8 2005, 12:21 PM)
Open Secrets is definitely my favourite song from HYF. There is a wonderful quality about the whole that is just fantastic. Definitly one of Rush's forgotten classics.

Close between Force Ten and Time Stand Still for me. Amazing song. trink39.gif

I love this song - you are not alone sfuentes!

Definitely one of those songs that has touched me in several levels at different times in my life.

Great post sfuentes.

cool.gif

Schro

I've always loved this song...it was one of my favorites when HYF first came out. I especially like the intro and the half-time midsection. Kind of interesting how, instead of just switching from bass to synth pedals on the choruses as he'd done in the past, Geddy's playing bass guitar AND Taurus pedals on the choruses of "Open Secrets" (ditto on "Time Stand Still"). That shift from bass to synth bass provided a great dynamic contrast from one song section to the next in the bottom end on a lot of their '80s material.

Great tune from a great album...But still, my favourtie is still Tai Shan...There's something about that song...It just gives me the chills and I have to hear the last 50 seconds at least 10 times in a row...I jsut love it. But Open Secrets is a great tune!

Great song, especially the closing guitar solo. I'd have to say though that my favorite from the album is Prime Mover. That one really moves me and I always get chills at the ending. I just love the way they drew out the phrase; "ANYTHING CAAAaaaaa....." I'm getting chills talking about it. wub.gif

Archived