Vapor Trails Remaster!

sfuentes

I like how they used the word 'imminent'. Imminent is GOOD!!

Thanks for posting the link to that article. I can't wait to hear the remaster. Since I am not a sound engineer, can anyone tell me how exactly having the remaster will be an improvement over the original disk? Will the vocals be clearer along with the instruments...ect? Is it actually worth the money to buy the remaster?

Thanks.

QUOTE (Cato76 @ Mar 7 2005, 07:38 PM)
Thanks for posting the link to that article. I can't wait to hear the remaster. Since I am not a sound engineer, can anyone tell me how exactly having the remaster will be an improvement over the original disk? Will the vocals be clearer along with the instruments...ect? Is it actually worth the money to buy the remaster?

Thanks.

Here's the link to the article about the sound quality of Vapor Trails. You'll find it very interesting, I think.

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/...6256C2E005DAF1C

QUOTE (Cato76 @ Mar 7 2005, 10:38 PM)

Thanks.

Not sure if you read that article. It's awesome. But in a quick summary, and keep in mind I'm no engineer either, remastering should narrow the sound field a bit and reintroduce the peaks of the sound wave that were clipped off when the original was mastered. That will bring the punch and dynamic back to the sound.

A user here, Musicintheabstract, created his own remastered version and made me a copy of it. I must say it's amazing, because I can listen to the CD now without the 'white noise' effect. The CD I listen to now is pleasing to the ear. I can't wait to pick up an official release of the remaster and see that they did that would be different from MITA's - I'm such a fan of what he did!!

Anyway - the 13 songs of VT are amongst the band's greatest work. It will be worth the money if they can bring the dynamic back to the music. However, if they never release one - I'm fine with MITA's version. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 7 2005, 10:49 PM)
Thanks for posting the link to that article.  I can't wait to hear the remaster.  Since I am not a sound engineer, can anyone tell me how exactly having the remaster will be an improvement over the original disk?  Will the vocals be clearer along with the instruments...ect?  Is it actually worth the money to buy the remaster?

Thanks.

Not sure if you read that article. It's awesome. But in a quick summary, and keep in mind I'm no engineer either, remastering should narrow the sound field a bit and reintroduce the peaks of the sound wave that were clipped off when the original was mastered. That will bring the punch and dynamic back to the sound.

A user here, Musicintheabstract, created his own remastered version and made me a copy of it. I must say it's amazing, because I can listen to the CD now without the 'white noise' effect. The CD I listen to now is pleasing to the ear. I can't wait to pick up an official release of the remaster and see that they did that would be different from MITA's - I'm such a fan of what he did!!

Anyway - the 13 songs of VT are amongst the band's greatest work. It will be worth the money if they can bring the dynamic back to the music. However, if they never release one - I'm fine with MITA's version. applaudit.gif

. . . Thanks Paganoman! I'm glad you're enjoying my VT "remaster". I spent hundreds of hours working on that effort, but it's pretty clear that the official Atlantic VT remaster will be what everyone is hoping for.... a properly mastered recording of perhaps Rush's finest music to date.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed! - MitA new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 7 2005, 10:49 PM)
Thanks for posting the link to that article.  I can't wait to hear the remaster.  Since I am not a sound engineer, can anyone tell me how exactly having the remaster will be an improvement over the original disk?  Will the vocals be clearer along with the instruments...ect?  Is it actually worth the money to buy the remaster?

Thanks.

Thanks! That puts it in a much better perspective. Can't wait to hear the remaster. biggrin.gif

quote from article: "LOUDER IS BETTER!!!" 1022.gif

Q: what's the point of releasing a remaster of an album that came out two years ago? It doesn't make any sense, i don't understand confused13.gif .

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 8 2005, 11:26 AM)

Q: what's the point of releasing a remaster of an album that came out two years ago? It doesn't make any sense, i don't understand  confused13.gif .

You are right. It's a crime that it should even NEED to be. But the original relaease is such a train wreck as far as sound quality. Being the Rush fan that I am - if there is a chance that the songs can receive the treatment they should, then I'll buy it again.

Any other band, and I'd say upyours.gif . But this is 2.gif .

Q: what's the point of releasing a remaster of an album that came out two years ago? It doesn't make any sense, i don't understand confused13.gif .

Ever since it's release, there has been a massive amount of complaints from fans about the mastering. Read the articles linked above in the thread for more info on that. I think the band and the label realize that this release is just too good to be left as it was. It needed remastering. The masses spoke, the band and label listened 1287.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 8 2005, 12:33 PM)

Q: what's the point of releasing a remaster of an album that came out two years ago? It doesn't make any sense, i don't understand  confused13.gif .

Ever since it's release, there has been a massive amount of complaints from fans about the mastering. Read the articles linked above in the thread for more info on that. I think the band and the label realize that this release is just too good to be left as it was. It needed remastering. The masses spoke, the band and label listened 1287.gif

Yarrgh! 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

So they should send them all out for free in return for the original Bag'o'shite yarrgh! 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 8 2005, 03:23 PM)

So they should send them all out for free in return for the original Bag'o'shite yarrgh! 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

laugh.gif

Agreed! yes.gif trink36.gif i'll drink to that!

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 9 2005, 12:17 PM)

laugh.gif

We all have a right to be angry....but strangely I am not.......not even a little.

I am happy for the remaster.

But to me $13 is nothing compared to what I get out of it.

I just don't believe the guys wanted Vapor trails to sound like a pile of sheet (would you??), so whatever happened...oh well.

Even if some record exec is lining his pockets with gold with some scheme, he hurt the band as least as much as he hurt us.

I think they should have packaged the CD with some new DVD R30 stuff or old footage or something. Something as a "sorry we f-ed up". But atleast they're releasing the remaster, which they didn't have to givin the fact they will likely only sell a limited number compared to the original release. And releasing it so soon makes them look like idiots.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 9 2005, 12:17 PM)

laugh.gif

Having said that....I really like VT, so if there is a Remaster version coming soon, and its going to sound a lot better, as many people seem to say, then I avvin' it laugh.gif

...but I think they should still refund money if you wish to return the original.

its a bit like saying....."Buy this!" Then 2 years later saying "Oh, BTW, that CD we sold you 2 years ago, its crap, and not what we intended it to be like, so here's how it should be, but if you want it, we want more money from you for the privilege"

QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Mar 9 2005, 12:27 PM)
This release will make VT a gold record. VT is Rush's only album without that distinction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, would that put them ahead of KISS with 24 gold albums and just behind the Beatles and Stones?

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 9 2005, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Mar 9 2005, 12:27 PM)
This release will make VT a gold record.  VT is Rush's only album without that distinction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, would that put them ahead of KISS with 24 gold albums and just behind the Beatles and Stones?

I believe that you are correct.

Archived