Underated Your Call

defrushfan01

Who do you think is the most underated Guitarist.

My list is

Alex Lifeson

Pete Willis

Vivian Campbell

Phil Collen- Def Leppard

Just to name a few of them.

And 2.gif Rocks

There was a guy from a sucky '80s hair band called White Lion, I saw them open for somebody, can't remember who, but the guitar player, Vito Bratta, I think his name was, was simply amazing. The guy blew me away! His live sound was very crisp and clean and he was technically a wizard. Anyone else remember this guy?

The guitarist for The Mars Volta.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 7 2005, 04:18 PM)
There was a guy from a sucky '80s hair band called White Lion, I saw them open for somebody, can't remember who, but the guitar player, Vito Bratta, I think his name was, was simply amazing. The guy blew me away! His live sound was very crisp and clean and he was technically a wizard. Anyone else remember this guy?

Yes, Vito was very good...too good for that crap band he was in. White Lion's version of "Radar Love" was excellent, though. Not as good as the original, but it was nice and heavy.

QUOTE (yyz @ Mar 7 2005, 06:08 PM)
I dont hear much about good old Lifeson. sad.gif

I think everyone posting on this board probably would agree that Alex is extremely underrated.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 7 2005, 07:58 PM)

I think everyone posting on this board probably would agree that Alex is extremely underrated.

yes.gif AlexFinal.gif

Rik Emmit

Liona Boyd

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 7 2005, 07:58 PM)

yes.gif Very. Lerxst is one of the best out there in my opinion. He is damn good, and has some amazing solos, but no one seems to give him the kind of credit he deserves. We all know the truth, though. AlexFinal.gif trink39.gif

Lifeson indeed is very underated. his style is all his own. some of his solo's are very difficult to copy because just of his playing style.

Alot of underated guitar players, play with such emotion, and the OVERATED are praised because they copy other players styles

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 9 2005, 12:14 PM)
Alex Lifeson forsure, I think David Gilmour too, he has a very unique style that is, in my opinion underated.

David is also underrated. I love his style.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 9 2005, 11:19 PM)
I think I'm one of the most underrated guitarists. biggrin.gif

yes.gif i agree wink.gif

heart.gif ya

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Mar 9 2005, 09:18 PM)
Al is underated. Another one of my favs, Dave Murray of Iron Maiden is also underated.

Very nice one there, Dave Murray definatly is a top one in my books. Would also like to throw in Martin Barre of Jethro Tull, lotsa great guitar riffs in that band. Also Robert Fripp is genius on guitar, hardly anyone seems to know his name though.