Alien Shore 'Commentary'

sfuentes

Good post yes.gif I to have wondered what is Geddy saying? I have really been into CP lately great album!!! It's almost like he is whispering the words " Alien Shore" I am going to check it out when I go home for lunch.

troutman trink39.gif

I agree with Troutman - it does sound like Alien shore but my poor ears are knackered from too much loud music so if anyone else knows pelase elt us know.

I had never noticed this before!! Just listened to it in headphones and I'm assumming it's during the solo section starting at around 3:39 and ending around 3:51.. It's definately Ged's voice. It starts as a whisper, but then at the end he says something... There is just to much noise during that section of the song to really make out what he is saying. But that doesn't mean that I'm giving up!!!

1287.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 7 2005, 01:49 PM)
I had never noticed this before!! Just listened to it in headphones and I'm assumming it's during the solo section starting at around 3:39 and ending around 3:51.. It's definately Ged's voice. It starts as a whisper, but then at the end he says something... There is just to much noise during that section of the song to really make out what he is saying. But that doesn't mean that I'm giving up!!!

1287.gif

Yes. That's what I'm talking about. I can't really tell what he's saying, but he's definitely saying something. Perhaps we'll never know... confused13.gif

Huge fan of this song. HUGE.

As good as I think I am at this kind of stuff... I have to agree with the both of you yes.gif I can here this and that but nothing "concrete" just..." leave that thing it alone " 653.gif and enjoy the MYSTERY cool.gif

TROUTMAN

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 7 2005, 03:09 PM)
I just finished listening to it at lunch and I still think it is Alien Shore but will keep listening to make sure. Also, what is said at the beginnig of the song and who is it confused13.gif confused13.gif

troutman cool.gif

I think it's 'out of my nose', according to MitA's site.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 8 2005, 08:21 PM)
I just finished listening to it at lunch and I still think it is Alien Shore but will keep listening to make sure. Also, what is said at the beginnig of the song and who is it confused13.gif  confused13.gif

troutman cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It's "Men about oars!!!"

They recorded a sculling team...starter...or something.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Mar 8 2005, 05:58 PM)
I just finished listening to it at lunch and I still think it is Alien Shore but will keep listening to make sure. Also, what is said at the beginnig of the song and who is it confused13.gif  confused13.gif

troutman cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It's "Men about oars!!!"

They recorded a sculling team...starter...or something.

Well darn!

It sounds like that at least!

troutman cool.gif

. . . well, I'm not the be-all-end-all authority, but for what it's worth the "Men about oars/Out of my Nose" part was tagged on the beginning of "Between Sun and Moon" and was followed immediately by counting in German ("...eine-zwei-drei-vier").

"Out of my nose...eine-zwei-drei-vier"

cool10.gif cool10.gif - MitA

That's it yes.gif "Men About Oars" it only makes sense. OARS/SHORE!! listening to it, it becomes alot clearer now. Good job MSC new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif By the way not being a musician but it sounds like Alex is playing a Gibson Hollow Body Guitar on this song/ album can someone "please" verify this!!!

troutman trink39.gif

I think he says "hold the onions"

but he may say "the Blue Jays rock"

or maybe "I love my job"

or "I am saying this under my breath so that someday, when there is a rush board called the rushforum.com, people will wonder what I am saying, but I am not saying anything, it is actually me supressing a sneeze"

cough.

Still looking for the answer to my question earlier. Also, which I believe is said "MEN ABOUT OARS". I think about it being said and then they start playing. Like... "Men ABOUT INSTRUMENTS" Kind of interesting cool.gif

troutman trink39.gif

Archived