U2 Dates to be announced Sunday night

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I would love to go to a U2 concert (They are actually tied with Rush for being my favorite band), but they never come anywhere near here. I really wish people knew where Saskatchewan is!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 7 2005, 11:11 PM)
Ok tickets go on sale next Saturday... gonna be pumped.

Man I'll die if I don't get them...

You'll get them, be online on ticketmaster.com the second they go on sale and you'll get them. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 6 2005, 09:59 PM)

I wouldn't doubt it, if Madonna sold out 8 straight shows in a row at MSG in a 10 day period last summer, I don't see why U2 couldn't do 4 shows there.  confused13.gif

I scored 2 floors Saturday for the Chicago show in September. Got a couple sweet singles for MSG and they are selling tickets next Monday for 2 more shows at MSG. It Seems like they know where the moneys at, the good ol Northeast USA. 8 shows in NY and 7 shows in Boston counting the spring dates. Chicago couldn't even sell out 2 shows and that's a pretty huge area.

opps double post. wink.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 6 2005, 09:59 PM)

I wouldn't doubt it, if Madonna sold out 8 straight shows in a row at MSG in a 10 day period last summer, I don't see why U2 couldn't do 4 shows there.  confused13.gif

Good call, u2 scheduled 7 shows at Madison Square garden this fall, if Madonna can do it, so can U2. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I scored 2 floors Saturday for the Chicago show in September. Got a couple sweet singles for MSG and they are selling tickets next Monday for 2 more shows at MSG. It Seems like they know where the moneys at, the good ol Northeast USA. 8 shows in NY and 7 shows in Boston counting the spring dates. Chicago couldn't even sell out 2 shows and that's a pretty huge area.

You know, you guys are lucky, and I mean anyone who could score tickets for a U2 concert. That would be awesome to go!

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 8 2005, 01:13 AM)

You'll get them, be online on ticketmaster.com the second they go on sale and you'll get them. trink38.gif

I managed to score 2 singles for Madonna back in the summer. It was tough... so stressful buying these tickets!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 14 2005, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 8 2005, 01:13 AM)

I managed to score 2 singles for Madonna back in the summer. It was tough... so stressful buying these tickets!

Tell me about it, I have 2 computers side by side trying to score tickets, not to mention a 3rd computer (donna) trying to get them too. Just think, there's people doing this all over the place trying to tap into the system to get tickets at the same time. That's how they sell out in a matter of minutes. Even with 3 computers I get shut out all the time. I know I know, I'm an a******* but if I wasn't doing it then thousands of others would be too so I say screw it. It's just how it goes, until people stop paying 2x-3x more for tickets to a show then my guess is that it will only get worse. I say bring back General admission and it would help a lot. Shows would still sell out fast but at least one ticket wouldn't be worth any more than the next. It worked back in the day before computers and phone orders. I wouldn't complain if it was first come first serve at the ticket office and you can only buy 4 tickets for each person. I know scalpers would pay people to stand in line and get them tickets but if people were smart they would just sell them themselves instead of let a scalper pay them to stand in line. Theres too much money involved for them to do anything about it. Scalpers make as much as the bands do anymore. There has to be something they can do about it, if they wanted to. Real fans should somehow get 1st crack at buying tickets to any show in my opinion.

I think the people who are paying $500 for a pair of tickets are as much of the problem than the people who are selling the tickets. I would never pay $500 to see any band, ever. But that's just me.

What's up with these guys? Do they hate the West Coast or something? This is a show I would actually go & see if they were around here.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 19 2005, 10:58 AM)
Got my tickets! 4 rows back! Yeeeehaw!

2 more shows added to TO!

Which show did you get tickets for? I got 2 general admission floor seats for friday 9/16 and 1 GA floor for sat 9/17 in Toronto. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I had two floot seats secured for the first show in Toronto but my dumb ass accidently hit the Canadian shipping method instead of USA and I lost my order. mad.gif

But that's OK because I went for Friday and sat and got floors anyway and the weekend is better. 653.gif

How far is Toronto from Buffalo? Because the Amtrak has a deal from New York to Buffalo for $29, if it's not much farther to Toronto then that would be the way to go!!!!! Gas is too expensive these days, it's cheaper to take a train with hot deals like that!!!

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 19 2005, 11:22 AM)

Which show did you get tickets for? I got 2 general admission floor seats for friday 9/16 and 1 GA floor for sat 9/17 in Toronto. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I had two floot seats secured for the first show in Toronto but my dumb ass accidently hit the Canadian shipping method instead of USA and I lost my order. mad.gif

But that's OK because I went for Friday and sat and got floors anyway and the weekend is better. 653.gif

How far is Toronto from Buffalo? Because the Amtrak has a deal from New York to Buffalo for $29, if it's not much farther to Toronto then that would be the way to go!!!!! Gas is too expensive these days, it's cheaper to take a train with hot deals like that!!!

How did you score those? The website slowed to a crawl.

We got the first show Sept 12.

Buffulo is abour 2.5 hours away.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 19 2005, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 19 2005, 11:22 AM)

How did you score those? The website slowed to a crawl.

We got the first show Sept 12.

Buffulo is abour 2.5 hours away.

I was online the second tickets went on sale, once the other dates went on sale it seemed like not as many people knew about it because they were still searching for tickets on the first date. the 2 shows they added was much easier to get floor seats to. I also clicked the drop down box that said "floor seats" because that's all I was interested in. If you click "best available" then more than likely they will offer you the expensive reserved seats that were $165. I usually only go for the floors myself. If I can't get them then I usually don't buy. They are a lot cheaper and better too In my opinion.

But I did have 2 floors for the first date but as I said I messed up and clicked on the canadian method of shipping and somehow they canceled my order because the 3 minutes ran out. I learned from that mistake!!!! But it paid off because Friday and Saturday tickets was better for me.

Also, I noticed ticketmaster let me open 2 browsers on each computer, which helps a lot too. Sometimes it wont let me do that. lol ....So thats 2 different computers both with 2 browsers helped my chances a lot. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm giving away all my secrets ahahahaha, Oh well, you are all my friends and I hope it helps you get better tickets to cool shows in the future. But beware, when I used 2 browsers before it locked me out of the ticket system for a few minutes. It didn't this time though for some reason. Since I have 2 computers side by side I took a chance and tried it again, I think the "Canada ticketmaster" must be different because it never locked me out like it does here in the States,,,,,they caught onto me here ahahahaha.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 19 2005, 11:50 PM)
Two computers, using two accounts and two ISPs... works every time.

But the server did overload... that damn word verification is annoying too.

I agree. I hate that word verification bullcrap but I guess it stops automated programs from buying up all the tickets. Wish there was another way for them to stop it.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 20 2005, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 19 2005, 11:50 PM)
Two computers, using two accounts and two ISPs... works every time.

But the server did overload... that damn word verification is annoying too.

I agree. I hate that word verification bullcrap but I guess it stops automated programs from buying up all the tickets. Wish there was another way for them to stop it.

told me the word was wrong when I know I got it right

then the the pic wouldn't come up and just hung there.... that pissed me off big time.

I got 3 GA tix this mornin for the added MSG date 11/21 653.gif

I got 2 threw TM online and the last one I got from a phone order yes.gif

yep the phone. I was calling TM bout some info bout the tix I got online and just asked if they have any more GA tix.. and...TaDaa 1 more GA tix applaudit.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Mar 21 2005, 01:29 PM)
I got 3 GA tix this mornin for the added MSG date 11/21 653.gif
I got 2 threw TM online and the last one I got from a phone order yes.gif
yep the phone. I was calling TM bout some info bout the tix I got online and just asked if they have any more GA tix.. and...TaDaa 1 more GA tix applaudit.gif

Great that's very close to my birthday, maybe that's what you can get me for my birthday huh? Did you get ticketfast or regular tickets? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 21 2005, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Mar 21 2005, 01:29 PM)
I got 3 GA tix this mornin for the added MSG date 11/21  653.gif
I got 2 threw TM online and the last one I got from a phone order  yes.gif
yep the phone. I was calling TM bout some info bout the tix I got online and just asked if they have any more GA tix.. and...TaDaa 1 more GA tix  applaudit.gif

Great that's very close to my birthday, maybe that's what you can get me for my birthday huh? Did you get ticketfast or regular tickets? biggrin.gif

Depends on what I get for my Bday in July wink.gif

Archived