98 members have voted

1. 1. Which statement is true?

• Rush is the greatest band in the world, LZ sucks moose balls
    • Rush is light years better than Led Zeppelin
    • Rush is modestly better than Led Zeppelin
    • Rush and Led Zeppelin are both great, just different
    • Led Zeppelin is modestly better than Rush
    • Led Zeppelin was legendary, Rush just very good
    • Led Zeppelin was awesome, Rush just.. eh....
    • Led Zeppelin is the greatest band to live, Rush... just good
    • Culture Clubs blows both of these bands away
    • Balls balls balls balls balls

I think Zep are unquestionably a greater band than Rush.

I question your use of "unquestionably".

Also, in what sense of "greater" do you mean? More popular? More widely recognized? Better music?

As a whole, a stronger catalog, and a more enduring legacy?

I think Zep are unquestionably a greater band than Rush.

I question your use of "unquestionably".

Also, in what sense of "greater" do you mean? More popular? More widely recognized? Better music?

I was thinking a little wider around the hips...;)

• Like 2

Well Rush's debut was a Zep ripoff but after that they found their own sound.Zep were and still are one of faves but as Zep were descending (or going through the outdoor)Rush were ascending .Although I don't mind In Through The Outdoor it sounds stodgy next to Hemispheres which I bought at the same time. I'll never forget my late brother in laws face(a Zep fanatic) when he heard ATWAS saying it s**ts on The Song Remains The Same(now there's an idea for a thread/poll).Although some Rush fans will never get over Geddy finding synths and writing shorter pop toons I think Rush were technically better but lacked the mystique and power of Zep.Zep had a blonde demigod Viking frontman,Satan worshipping guitarist,hell raising powerhouse drummer and ,err,the quiet one. Rush had a big nose shrieking chipmunk playing widdly bass and likes baseball,a wisecracking guitarist who plays golf and flies planes and a reclusive drummer who reads and writes books.No contest ,Culture Club wins. Edited by grasbo

They're modestly better than Zep. If they weren't so modest about it people would question their Canadian heritage, :LOL:

I've taken flak for this but its been my honest opinion for many years and that is I don't mind the songwriting per se but many Led Zep songs are marred by poor/lackluster sounding production. So many of their most famous songs sound like they were recorded in someone's basement with a cheap condenser mic

And also the sloppyness of Page's guitar playing. Its like they would do one take only and say "f**k it, that's good enough". His solo at the end of Heartbreaker is the best example, those flubbed notes stick out like a sore thumb.

And also the sloppyness of Page's guitar playing. Its like they would do one take only and say "f**k it, that's good enough". His solo at the end of Heartbreaker is the best example, those flubbed notes stick out like a sore thumb.

hahahahahahaha...that's some good stuff!! Lordy....