I found a new Rush friend today

Milton Bridge

I have no friends ( fists crying.gif )...who like Rush.

But today at a party in my neighbours house we got to speaking about music and one of my other neighbours says I love this band that no one else likes ... 2.gif .

Both of us were delighted to meet a fellow fan and ended have a great conversation about the best band in the world.

I have a 2.gif friend.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

trink39.gif

Until I started out in the net I thought I was the only 2.gif fan around - good to know that there are so many good people with great musical taste.

I'm the only one at my school who is a diehard Rush fan. Eveyone else are just posers! laugh.gif

But yeah i introduced most of them to Rush. A great thing about going to Rush concerts is that everyone that goes has a certain something in common... 2.gif ...which gives a good discussion topic for peeps that you will meet and most likely never see again. Like at the Nashville show last summer, there was a couple there from Toronto that i sat next to. They were really nice people.

omg people i know exactly what you're talking about!! nobody at my school's a diehard fan..but i've met some other cool people in other places. cool.gif

i met this guy my age at a party one time, & i was wearing a van halen shirt, so we got to talking about classic rock stuff. he asked me who my fav band was, & i, of course, replied 'RUSH!!', & he was like NO WAY!! so we started talking about Rush & it turns out he was a HUGE fan, & he'd been to 2 of the same concerts i had!! it was just so incredibly cool to meet somebody my age who's into Rush!!

recently, i met this junior at my school..he's a HUGE classic rock fan, & knows just about any band you can name. he's heard a little Rush, & he wants to hear more, so of course i'm his source. he really likes Feedback, & considers it to be pretty accurate. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

other than a few other cool people, everyone else at my school're posers. laugh.gif

I have about 1256 2.gif friends now!!! biggrin.gif None before!

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 5 2005, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 5 2005, 01:59 PM)
I'm the only one at my school who is a diehard Rush fan. Eveyone else are just posers! laugh.gif
But yeah i introduced most of them to Rush.

Sadly, that's how it is over here.

Yup thats how life is at my school aswell! Prog rock somehow just doesnt seem as popular with all the emo posers for some reason mad.gif

All my old friends get this indulgent, sort of bewildered expression when I talk about Rush...("Awww, there she goes again. We have no idea what she's talking about, but we love her, so let her go..." icon_really_happy_guy.gif)

But I don't care...'cause I have YOU guys! smile.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 5 2005, 03:00 PM)

Sadly, that's how it is over here.

Here as well sad.gif

My analog life is full of Rush fans, actually. Most of my old friends are fans, many of my family members, including my 77 year old mother are fans, and a lot of people at my workplace are fans as well.

I'm a lucky man. 653.gif

EXACTLY what I am at my school. I'm the only die hard 2.gif fan!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 6 2005, 10:44 AM)
All my old friends get this indulgent, sort of bewildered expression when I talk about Rush...("Awww, there she goes again.  We have no idea what she's talking about, but we love her, so let her go..." icon_really_happy_guy.gif)

THATS IT! Perfect impression! tongue.gif

(however you'd have to replace the she's with he's and her's with him's!!)

I found a few people that I go to school with closet RUSH fans! I always wear my signals, counterparts and r30th anniversary shirts to school and I was stopped in the hallway by a woman that takes music with me and said that she loves RUSH and saw them in Calgary during VT!! And by wearing the shirts, thats how people know me when I have my back turned to them walking down the hallway! 2.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Mar 6 2005, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 6 2005, 10:44 AM)
All my old friends get this indulgent, sort of bewildered expression when I talk about Rush...("Awww, there she goes again.  We have no idea what she's talking about, but we love her, so let her go..." icon_really_happy_guy.gif)

THATS IT! Perfect impression! tongue.gif

(however you'd have to replace the she's with he's and her's with him's!!)

Gotcha! smile.gif

Archived