My Journy to Being a RUSH Fan

rushfan4life

Well this is how I fully became a real rush fan.

Back in the summer of 03, I got my first Rush album after hearing it in my uncles car. That album was 2112. I liked it, it was good but not my favorite. Well then came March of 04, I was in a car fire and lost all my cd's. the good news was that nobody was hurt. but I was left with no cd's at all. all my cd's were melted. well I was devistaded, not only did I not have any cd's but had not cd player.

then in april 2004 I got my first cd again in over 1 month. that cd happened to be rush exit...stage left. then i heard it, The Spirit of the Radio. Im must have listend to that song over a million times. Then song, after song, after song, I loved. I knew everyword by heart. then i finally got back my first rush cd, 2112 and I finally appreciated it. then I got more and more rush cd's. now i have 15 rush cd's and still counting. i love rush more than ever and I can say they are my favorite ban of ALL time. if it wasnt for a devistating incident in my life I dont think I would have ever loved rush. 2.gif

QUOTE (rushfan4life @ Mar 5 2005, 01:25 PM)
that cd happened to be rush exit...stage left. then i heard it, The Spirit of the Radio. Im must have listend to that song over a million times.

that's EXACTLY how i got into Rush!! i heard Spirit of Radio on the radio one morning, & since dad had all Rush's albums, when i got home from school i looked for it..found Exit, Stage Left, & rocked out to it for the rest of the day. dad got home & made me turn it off because he said he didn't want to get sick of it! laugh.gif

awesome story!! biggrin.gif

Well this is how I fully became a real rush fan.

Back in the summer of 03, I got my first Rush album after hearing it in my uncles car. That album was 2112. I liked it, it was good but not my favorite. Well then came March of 04, I was in a car fire and lost all my cd's. the good news was that nobody was hurt. but I was left with no cd's at all. all my cd's were melted. well I was devistaded, not only did I not have any cd's but had not cd player.
then in april 2004 I got my first cd again in over 1 month. that cd happened to be rush exit...stage left. then i heard it, The Spirit of the Radio. Im must have listend to that song over a million times. Then song, after song, after song, I loved. I knew everyword by heart. then i finally got back my first rush cd, 2112 and I finally appreciated it. then I got more and more rush cd's. now i have 15 rush cd's and still counting. i love rush more than ever and I can say they are my favorite ban of ALL time. if it wasnt for a devistating incident in my life I dont think I would have ever loved rush. 2.gif

trink39.gif i've followed them for 27 years and think they are better than ever. There's a kind of awe-inspiring nature to the songs they make. Like no other band inhistory, not even the Beatles.

VERY COOL STORY 653.gif Being a fan since 77' it's nice to see how 2.gif still has such an impact on people, especially young fans. That just goes to show you how professional and true they are to all of us fans yes.gif

troutman trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 5 2005, 10:15 PM)
VERY COOL STORY 653.gif Being a fan since 77' it's nice to see how 2.gif still has such an impact on people, especially young fans. That just goes to show you how professional and true they are to all of us fans yes.gif

troutman trink39.gif

Im a fan since '78...Im a noobie.

If it wasnt for a devistating incident in my life I dont think I would have ever loved rush. 2.gif

Just goes to show you, no matter how 'bad' something gets, you can NEVER tell what the final outcome will be... and often times, it ends up being better than before! yes.gif

I've been around their music about as long as I can remember, and they still have that same impact on me that they just had on you!! 653.gif Ain't it great! trink39.gif Welcome aboard, me Rush matty! Arrrrg! 1287.gif

Welcome to the fold.

I remember back when CDs first came out. I wasn't a "Big Fan" at the time, even though I possessed Moving Pictures and 2112 on LP. So I bought 'Exit....Stage Left' for my first CD. I thought it was a greatest hit album. Think of my suprise when it started off - "This is the spirit of radio". Hearing them play live was totally different. I know my friends say they were great live, but Damn.....

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Mar 6 2005, 06:32 PM)
Welcome to the fold.
I remember back when CDs first came out. I wasn't a "Big Fan" at the time, even though I possessed Moving Pictures and 2112 on LP. So I bought 'Exit....Stage Left' for my first CD. I thought it was a greatest hit album. Think of my suprise when it started off - "This is the spirit of radio". Hearing them play live was totally different. I know my friends say they were great live, but Damn.....

I heard ESL and thought, "This has to be a "doctored" live album. They can't sound this good live. Then in September of '84 I found out. They DO sound that good live. cool.gif

I was 35 years old in 1984. I ended up driving a car full of teenagers to see Laurie Anderson about three hours away. Well, those kids liked me and adopted me, and all they wanted to do is listen to Rush all the time. They brought their albums to my house and left them there. I liked Rush right away, but it was some months before I was listening to Witch Hunt in headphones one night, and that song hit me like no other song ever had. It was my magic moment, and I have been an insane Rush fan ever since.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

... great story, I still shutter to think that it's been 20+ years for me as a 2.gif

fan, where has all the time gone, ... please!, time stand still!

QUOTE (max webster @ Mar 6 2005, 07:22 PM)
... great story, I still shutter to think that it's been 20+ years for me as a 2.gif
fan, where has all the time gone, ... please!, time stand still!

Howdy M.W.! Welcome to the forum! bekloppt.gif trink39.gif

Januray 2003 :

I found 2112, AFTK and Hemispheres in my Dad's CD collection. I listened to Hemispheres first...and there was no going back. 2 years later I own all but 4 Rush CDs, 8 Rush Lp's and seen them Live. Not bad for a 16 year old wink.gif

I love being a 2.gif fan cool.gif

cool10.gif Nice story, thanks for sharing! My first Rush experience was early 1978. I was a Jr. in high school and as usual, partying with friends when Randy asks. "Hey, man, ever heard of Rush?" "No, man , never heard of them.", I replied. Thats when he plugs in "Xanadu", and that was the coolest and "smartest" rock I had ever heard! So the next thing I know we're in Columbia, S.C. at my first (of 7, so far) Rush show. They just laid it down, I couldn't believe there was only 3 guys up there, it sounded like 15.

It's inspiring to see that the boys still have the power to convert youngsters to the fold. Welcome to our church Rushfan4life. It will not be a wasted life, but a life of musical pleasure, inspiration, and just plain fun.

I've been a fan since '81 after I heard Moving Pictures. Witch Hunt blew me away. And there's just something about Red Barchetta and The Camera Eye that move me. After that I couldn't get enough of Hemispheres and Permanent Waves. As a well established fan I started buying albums as they came out and then one day there was Power Windows. I cannot describe how I felt after listening to that one. I didn't know it was possible for music to move me this much. I loved every song on that album, (and still do), and that had never happened before. Always there was at least one or two that either didn't move me or that I simply didn't like. Then later there was Hold Your Fire and BOOM! same thing; I loved every song on that one too.

I guess it's safe to say that like you, I am a Rushfan4life. 2.gif

I remember when I discovered Rush!

It was the winter of 1995. (Don't hurt me.) My dad had gotten Hold Your Fire. I had heard him playing it in the stereo for quite a while. I just sat around and listened to it all the time. I remember asking him who they were. He said that they were Rush. From then on, I became a fan of them. biggrin.gif

Archived