RUSH Tattoo's

Paulio91184

I was also thinking of getting one, a Starman tatt.

I have 4!!! Very addictive wink.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/Geddy2112/DSCF0578.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/Geddy2112/DSCF0577.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/Geddy2112/rushtat3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/Geddy2112/IMGP0001.jpg

• Like 2

^^^

NICE RG!! cool.gif

Personally, I love seeing other people's tattoos, but don't think I'd ever actually get one myself.

However, if I ever changed my mind, I would for sure get something RUSH related. That is for sure! So many outstanding artwork choices! 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 27 2009, 08:14 AM)
Personally, I love seeing other people's tattoos, but don't think I'd ever actually get one myself.

However, if I ever changed my mind, I would for sure get something RUSH related.

I feel/felt the same way. I used to be dead-against ever getting a tattoo, my argument being that they were kinda irreversible and there was NO SYMBOL I'd want on my body today that I'd still want when I was 80.

Now tattoos are hugely popular. And I've realized that Rush has been a definite constant in my life for 25 years and that's not likely to ever change... so I wouldn't mind getting a Rush tat.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 27 2009, 08:32 AM)
Now tattoos are hugely popular. And I've realized that Rush has been a definite constant in my life for 25 years and that's not likely to ever change... so I wouldn't mind getting a Rush tat.

Oh absolutely. That's pretty much the exact same thing that's held me back. I keep thinking...what if I don't want that on me later in life?! That, and I'm so damn indecisive, that I'll never know what to get! laugh.gif

But yeah, that's exactly why I said if I ever got one, it would be RUSH-related. They are absolutely the one thing I can always count on. I will always be a fan. 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 27 2009, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 27 2009, 08:32 AM)
Now tattoos are hugely popular.  And I've realized that Rush has been a definite constant in my life for 25 years and that's not likely to ever change... so I wouldn't mind getting a Rush tat.

Oh absolutely. That's pretty much the exact same thing that's held me back. I keep thinking...what if I don't want that on me later in life?! That, and I'm so damn indecisive, that I'll never know what to get! laugh.gif

But yeah, that's exactly why I said if I ever got one, it would be RUSH-related. They are absolutely the one thing I can always count on. I will always be a fan. 1022.gif

trink39.gif

I wanted to get inked as my birthday present (Feb 3), so it'd be there and healed come spring... but the Mrs. is against the idea and wouldn't pay for it.

I designed a buddies Rush tattoo. It turned out great too (no pics of his arm to show, but I might be able to dig up the original art) Basically, it was a hodgepodge of a few different things: the bunny in the presto hat along with dice spelling out RUSH (and it was years ago so I dont remember what else)

I am seriously considering the kanizsa triangle from counterparts. So much so that I had my daughter do it in sharpie on my arm so I could live with it for several days to see how it feels before committing permanently.

Myself and an artist friend of mine are designing one now. I'm going with a tat on my lower leg all the way aroung my leg. It's based on neil's R30 drumset. So basically picture my leg as a drum, lol. I'm taking logo's from the dirrerent albums and making a collage. I'll post a picture of what i come up with and see what you think. So far I have the Starman logo with the AFTK "Rush" writing or the 2.gif logo as the main part on my outer calf. RTB skull, GUP egg in Vise, and the Counterparts nut and bolt so far.I Like the S&A arrow too. What else do you guys think? Anything from signals? Each logo will be small with a circle or something similar around it and we are designing a connecting idea now. It's kinda like a tribal band but not tribal. Any Ideas? Also could you guys post some other logos and stuff i'm sure combined i can get some ideas. What do you think of my idea. If someone has met me but doesn't remember me, people describe be as "Big Paul, u know the guy who loves RUSH". My love for Rush is one of the key aspects of my personality so it's only right to get a tat an immortalize it!

It will be kinda like this. VT=GUP=RTB= 2.gif =CP=S&A=HYF around my leg.

Edited by Paulio91184

QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Mar 27 2009, 01:41 PM)
My and an artist friend of mine are designing one. I'm going with a tat on my lower leg all the way aroung my leg. It's based on neil's R30 drumset. I'm taking logo's from the dirrerent albums and making a collage. I'll post a picture of what i come up with and see what you think. So far I have the Starman logo with the AFTK "Rush" writing or the 2.gif logo as the main part on my outer calf. RTB skull, GUP egg in Vise, and the Counterparts nut and bolt so far.I Like the S&A arrow too. What else do you guys think? Anything from signals? Each logo will be small with a circle or something similar around it and we are designing a connecting idea now. It's kinda like a tribal band but not tribal. Any Ideas? Also could you guys post some other logos and stuff i'm sure combined i can get some ideas. What do you think of my idea.

It will be kinda like this. =O=O= 2.gif =O=O= around my leg. O denotes a logo

That's a pretty sweet idea dude. trink39.gif

You'll have to keep us posted on how it comes along, and show us the pics. From the image in my head, it sounds great!

Myself and an artist friend of mine are designing one now. I'm going with a tat on my lower leg all the way aroung my leg. It's based on neil's R30 drumset. So basically picture my leg as a drum, lol. I'm taking logo's from the dirrerent albums and making a collage. I'll post a picture of what i come up with and see what you think. So far I have the Starman logo with the AFTK "Rush" writing or the 2.gif logo as the main part on my outer calf. RTB skull, GUP egg in Vise, and the Counterparts nut and bolt so far.I Like the S&A arrow too. What else do you guys think? Anything from signals? Each logo will be small with a circle or something similar around it and we are designing a connecting idea now. It's kinda like a tribal band but not tribal. Any Ideas? Also could you guys post some other logos and stuff i'm sure combined i can get some ideas. What do you think of my idea. If someone has met me but doesn't remember me, people describe be as "Big Paul, u know the guy who loves RUSH". My love for Rush is one of the key aspects of my personality so it's only right to get a tat an immortalize it!

It will be kinda like this. VT=GUP=RTB= 2.gif =CP=S&A=HYF around my leg.

I've seen pics on the Net of a guy who has something from EVERY Rush album tattooed on him. Every album is represented SOMEPLACE on him, and when a new album comes out, he gets a new Rush tatt.

I have a starman on my calf but I found an awesome snakes and arrows one is this gallery just scroll through, nice work! check out the portrait section on the site too. this guy is amazing!!

Got the starman on my left upper arm...Wanna get another tatt for sure...several others actually. My left arm will be the music side and my right arm will be other stuff!

Tatts I know I will get someday is the Dream Theater majesty logo, and something to do with Symphony X.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/yyzyy/Photo96.jpg

That pic was taken close to 2 years ago!

I have two Rush tattoos, the p/g on the inside of my wrist, and the presto bunny on my shoulderblade. wub.gif

*Presto* and I just got our presto bunnies a few weeks ago. 2.gif smile.gif

If I ever got one it would likely be lyrics around an ankle or something. Three things keep me away from tats:

1. the permanence

2. the cost

3. I'm a blood donor

Thanks for all the replies guys!!

MMCXII- That's some amazing artwork there!!

Goose- i would like to get some lyrics done to, maybe in a different tat. Kudos for donating blood, thats very noble!!

Edited by Paulio91184

For me every time I wake up in the a.m., I look at the top of my right foot and see that pink 2.gif . Not one time after seeing that can anyday go wrong...

I have the Test For Echo inutshuk (the rocks) on my back. About 7 inches on the right side.

Currently, I have an artist working on some other Rush stuff. I like the CP art and I think VT is going to go across my chest.

It will be kinda like this.  VT=GUP=RTB= 2.gif =CP=S&A=HYF    around my leg.

I think I have figured out how to connect them!!! I might use the Permenant waves heartbeat from the album cover in between each logo to connect them. What do you think of that?? Any and all comments

Edited by Paulio91184

someday ,i am sure i will

1022.gif