The Cereal Thread

Lerxster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 23 2009, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 23 2009, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 23 2009, 12:15 PM)
hot oatmeal................that is all
1022.gif

Flavor that rules them all: Maple and Brown Sugar

Yes, that is my favourite too! trink39.gif

Same here. Extra gummy. I also love oatmeal with a side of dry toast on a really cold, winters morning after a long run.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 23 2009, 02:00 PM)
They still make Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles??!  ohmy.gif

Can someone please ship some boxes up to Canada please?!  bekloppt.gif

Two of my top 3 cereals right there. yes.gif

My current number one is.....

Special K with Strawberries. drool1.gif The flakes in this kind are not the same as regular Special K. They are a whole lot crispier and taste better too.

On Oatmeal........Apples and Cinnamon please.

I also like bowl of hot grits with butter and sugar, and a big bowl of cream of wheat every once in a while.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 22 2009, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 22 2009, 07:08 PM)
I had an ex-boyfriend who used to use OJ instead of milk on cereal.

ew! 062802puke_prv.gif

honey-nut cheerios are tasty yes.gif

As is the banana-nut. Best served with milk. yes.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 25 2009, 09:45 AM)

I like the way you eat cereal. laugh.gif Not only is cereal itself a science but so is the way you eat it! I hear you though on the sog factor. Soggy cereal is inedible. Life is too short to eat soggy cereal.

I will add Kelloggs Gold Frosted Flakes to the grocery list. I'm intrigued by the flakes but a little leery on the "shale" texture.

I picked up two more boxes (because I needed them ok!!) at the store:

Post Cocoa Pebbles - Everyone knows this is good. Great as a midnight snack, fantastic to wake up to, the milk turns into chocolate milk... you can't go wrong. Total kid moment eating this cereal.

Quaker Life Maple and Brown Sugar - I had high hopes for this which came crashing down. I love Quaker's Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal and thought it would translate well to cereal form. It does not. First, I had a heck of a time opening the plastic. I'm convinced they used super glue to adhere the plastic shut. The cereal smelled amazing but my joy and happiness quickly turned sour once I shoved a massive spoonful in my mouth. It tasted like liquid smoke. I kid you not. Liquid smoke. I kept gagging down spoonful after spoonful just hoping for some maple and brown sugar flavor but nope. The taste is lingering in my mouth. I think the only remedy is to eat a big bowl of Cocoa Pebbles.

Indeed, it's a whole "scene" that goes on with cereal eating. Soggy cereal is truly the worst. Ever get a call while in the middle of a bowl? I'll be like, hang on, I have to finish this. The way I eat cereal, it barely has time to swim in the milk.

I do like the Pebbles cereals, but like Rice Krispies, they are so small and you have a limited time to eat them all before they start to succumb to the milk. You have to chase them around- there's always a few stragglers that refuse to cooperate with getting in the spoon. I can't refill with cereal while there are still some left in the milk, cause then I'll be like, okay, there are some soggy Pebbles in here, which ones are they.

On the Gold, it's actually shale hardness not texture tongue.gif

Well guys I've finally tried Raisin Bran Extra!

Its got crispy bran flakes, plump raisins, sweet cranberries, sliced almonds, and yogurty clusters!

and like the fat guy from the commercial says

ITS A MOUTHFUL OF AWESOME biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 25 2009, 01:03 PM)
Well guys I've finally tried Raisin Bran Extra!

Its got crispy bran flakes, plump raisins, sweet cranberries, sliced almonds, and yogurty clusters!

and like the fat guy from the commercial says

ITS A MOUTHFUL OF AWESOME biggrin.gif

Sounds good as long as it doesn't float. smile.gif

I'm a bit of a sale dog, go after em like they're a lettercarrier. They had a special on Special K red berries. They should just call it strawberry cause that's what it is. I liked the blueberry cluster K much better. The strawberries were dried as you'd expect, but had no sweetness, just tart. I didn't enjoy that especially. Had it for dinner one night, then finished it tonight.. I guess you could say as a course of my dinner- perogies, Special K red berry, Tastykake chocolate candykake. I don't think I'll try it again new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Finally picked up the Fruit Loops with the fruity golden bars, and Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries reinforcements cool.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 31 2009, 07:09 PM)
I'm a bit of a sale dog, go after em like they're a lettercarrier. They had a special on Special K red berries. They should just call it strawberry cause that's what it is. I liked the blueberry cluster K much better. The strawberries were dried as you'd expect, but had no sweetness, just tart. I didn't enjoy that especially. Had it for dinner one night, then finished it tonight.. I guess you could say as a course of my dinner- perogies, Special K red berry, Tastykake chocolate candykake. I don't think I'll try it again new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Finally picked up the Fruit Loops with the fruity golden bars, and Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries reinforcements cool.gif

you had pierogies, Special K and Tastykake...for dinner

Ok , are you stoned or pregnant? tongue.gif

I'm loving this trip down cereal memory lane... biggrin.gif

For years I've been trying to remember the name of a cereal I had a couple of times as a kid but could never find it on the net... no pictures, no name... nothing.

I always remembered it as a "Kix ball with creme in the center"... one of the best tasting cereals I ever had. However, no one I asked could remember this cereal at all. Well, I finally found it...

Mr Wonderful's Surprise

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/EveryNerveAware/RUSH/surprisecereal.jpg

This is so obscure... it obviously wasn't around long or very popular at all... does anyone else remember this cereal??

Here's a great website with a bunch of cereal box pictures:

http://theimaginaryworld.com/cbarch.html

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Mar 31 2009, 11:22 PM)
I'm a bit of a sale dog, go after em like they're a lettercarrier. They had a special on Special K red berries. They should just call it strawberry cause that's what it is. I liked the blueberry cluster K much better. The strawberries were dried as you'd expect, but had no sweetness, just tart. I didn't enjoy that especially. Had it for dinner one night, then finished it tonight.. I guess you could say as a course of my dinner- perogies, Special K red berry, Tastykake chocolate candykake. I don't think I'll try it again new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Finally picked up the Fruit Loops with the fruity golden bars, and Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries reinforcements  cool.gif

unsure.gif is that unusual? I am currently single and living alone (not counting the cat), if that helps explain it biggrin.gif My future wife has vowed to fix my diet cool.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Mar 31 2009, 11:59 PM)
Here's an obscure cereal from the early 70's ... one of my favorites as a kid.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/EveryNerveAware/RUSH/quisp_cereal_box.jpg

Yeah man new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 1 2009, 06:11 AM)
I'm a bit of a sale dog, go after em like they're a lettercarrier. They had a special on Special K red berries. They should just call it strawberry cause that's what it is. I liked the blueberry cluster K much better. The strawberries were dried as you'd expect, but had no sweetness, just tart. I didn't enjoy that especially. Had it for dinner one night, then finished it tonight.. I guess you could say as a course of my dinner- perogies, Special K red berry, Tastykake chocolate candykake. I don't think I'll try it again new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Finally picked up the Fruit Loops with the fruity golden bars, and Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries reinforcements  cool.gif

unsure.gif is that unusual? I am currently single and living alone (not counting the cat), if that helps explain it biggrin.gif My future wife has vowed to fix my diet cool.gif

Well, i suppose if you look at it like this

Pierogi - main course

Special K berries - a fruit side dish

Tastykake - dessert

its not SO bad LOL

I wish your future wife good luck with that diet changing thing. smile.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Apr 1 2009, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 1 2009, 06:11 AM)

Well, i suppose if you look at it like this

Pierogi - main course

Special K berries - a fruit side dish

Tastykake - dessert

its not SO bad LOL

I wish your future wife good luck with that diet changing thing. smile.gif

laugh.gif thanks, yea see not so bad when you put it like that biggrin.gif

When she heard I actually will eat cereal for dinner, she was mortified. She wants to fix that and make me wholesome nutritious dinners when we get to cohabitating wub.gif

She may not understand though that cereal is the perfect food.. anytime, any meal tongue.gif

Stock up Alert: Chocolate Chex at Acme is on sale for $2!! This is an amazing price for this delicious cereal I recently discovered. It's a rice and corn mixed Chex, half of which are chocholatey so you don't get overpowered with chocolate. trink39.gif

I recently discovered that I like Frosted Mini-Wheats. I am bad to eschew most forms of fiber, so I was trying to find something to snack on that has fiber but doesn't taste like sawdust. 1 cup of the stuff has like 11 grams and actually very little sugar, despite the "frosted" part.

I crush and mix with yogurt - yum.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 25 2009, 09:01 AM)
Stock up Alert: Chocolate Chex at Acme is on sale for $2!! This is an amazing price for this delicious cereal I recently discovered.  It's a rice and corn mixed Chex, half of which are chocholatey so you don't get overpowered with chocolate.  trink39.gif

Looks pretty good... will have to try it.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/EveryNerveAware/RUSH/chocochex.jpg

With nothing but cereal, women survive in backcountry

11:09 AM MDT on Friday, June 5, 2009

A joyous family reunion TWIN FALLS -- A Twins Falls man she tears of joy today after the safe return of his wife and daughter who had been missing since Sunday

When we first reported this story Wednesday, the hope of a happy outcome was beginning to dim.

But today we were in Twin Falls as the Carlson family was reunited with loved ones.

As the hours and days ticked by, the Carlson family grew more and more concerned. Today, they got the news they feared would never come.

"You try to stay positive, tell yourself, reassure yourself that this will be OK, that miracles still happen, that this hopefully will have a good outcome, but I will tell you, you prepare yourself mentally for the worst case scenario," said Kelly Carlson.

That's what Kelly Carlson has been doing this week -- bouncing between hope and dispair over the disappearance of his wife Laura and his daughter Stephanie.

On Sunday, the two were taking a scenic drive from Boise home to Twin Falls through Idaho City and Featherville.

But they never arrived that night, nor the next, nor the next. For four nights there was no word on their wherabouts, despite search efforts by air and by land.

Then, finally at 9:30 this morning a phone call that all was well.

Taking a back road, the two had gotten stuck in the snow in their Mitsubishi Montero. Four bear hunters found them and pulled them to safety -- Laura, Stephanie and her cat Harvey.

The women sustained themselves on dried cereal and bottled water, spotting a large bear in the woods and at one point walking for hours in an attempt to get help, but all the while knowing their struggle paled in comparison to the strain on those left to wonder and worry.

"Once we got stuck I thought, 'oh know everybody's going to be freaking, but we were OK,'" said Laura Carlson.

Police really got concerned about these two when Stephanie failed to show up for work at the Boise Library last night.

Today, her boss, Kevin Booe, is among those breathing a sigh of relief.

"Sense of relief. The mood changed instantly. One of happiness, joyful, it was great," said Booe. "This staff was really relieved and glad things worked out for the best."

The family was scheduled to have dinner together on Sunday evening -- the night they never arrived. That's now be rescheduled for tonight and you can bet this will be a celebration.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif 1287.gif

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories...n.44d50827.html

Archived