Closer to the Heart

yyzyy

I can't believe what I am hearing...At the very end of Closer to the Heart on 'ASOH' after Geddy says goodnight, within the last 4 seconds of crowd noise...you hear a guy go..."YOU GUYS SUCK...BOOOO" I am very serious...it caught my attention a while ago, but didn't think to bring it up...Now, tonight while listening to it, I remembered and wondered if anyone else had heard that ninkumpoop say that...My thoughts are, why would you go to see a band just to yell "you guys suck"?

Anyway, I just couldn't believe my ears, and maybe it was just a joke..the guy was drunk or cool10.gif ...but still, it caught my attention and now everytime I hear it, I can always pin-point when that guy yells out "YOU GUYS SUCK...BOOOO".

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 3 2005, 04:57 PM)
I can't believe what I am hearing...At the very end of Closer to the Heart on 'ASOH' after Geddy says goodnight, within the last 4 seconds of crowd noise...you hear a guy go..."YOU GUYS SUCK...BOOOO" I am very serious...it caught my attention a while ago, but didn't think to bring it up...Now, tonight while listening to it, I remembered and wondered if anyone else had heard that ninkumpoop say that...My thoughts are, why would you go to see a band just to yell "you guys suck"?

Anyway, I just couldn't believe my ears, and maybe it was just a joke..the guy was drunk or cool10.gif ...but still, it caught my attention and now everytime I hear it, I can always pin-point when that guy yells out "YOU GUYS SUCK...BOOOO".

WHAT?!

I need to hear this.

Perhaps it is the guy who wrote the recent infamous article?

Are you absolutely certain that he is saying that? I can't quite make it all out. 

I am POSTIVE...I think the first time I heard it was 3 years ago or something...And I listened to it for 2 hours straight..cause I was like "IS HE REALLY SAYING THAT???" So I am very sure...The thing that makes me positive is that you hear him say "BOOO" after...I couldn't believe it, but now I just think...what a loser!

I'm going to give it a listen now. Looking for headphones so I don't wake the kids.

Not having got ASoH on CD (go, sue me) and not being able to access my vinyl copy, I've not been able to check on this properly. However, one thing makes me think you may be mistaken - Closer to the Heart on ASoh was recorded at the NEC in Birmingham and saying 'you guys suck' is not really a British thing to shout - it would be more likely to have been 'You're a pile of shit' or 'what a load of crap'.

Also, speaking of someone who was there on the nights the DVD was filmed, I can honestly say that it was one of the most partisan crowds I've seen at any gig, let alone a Rush gig. Leaving the venue on both nights, I didn't see a dismembered torso dangling anywhere in the vicinity of the NEC which what probably would have happened to anyone shouting that on those nights.

Hmmm... I have never heard this either. Perhaps you are the one who is  Just kiddin man. I'll listen closer next time. Thanks for the heads up though. 

upyours.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif joking man...No problem...BUT I KNOW FOR SURE THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS!!!

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 4 2005, 05:17 PM)
Hmmm... I have never heard this either. Perhaps you are the one who is  Just kiddin man. I'll listen closer next time. Thanks for the heads up though.

upyours.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif joking man...No problem...BUT I KNOW FOR SURE THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS!!!

SURE.... tongue.gif

Well, I heard exactly what you are talking about. I just can't say for certain that is what they guy yelled. It could be anything. confused13.gif

Gonna keep listening to it, and see if it becomes clearer.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 4 2005, 06:12 PM)
Well, I heard exactly what you are talking about. I just can't say for certain that is what they guy yelled. It could be anything. confused13.gif

Same for me. It's not clear at all. confused13.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Mar 4 2005, 03:23 PM)
Well, I heard exactly what you are talking about.  I just can't say for certain that is what they guy yelled.  It could be anything.  confused13.gif

laugh.gif yyzyy has the best hearing out of all of us!

Eh? Wha?

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 4 2005, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Mar 4 2005, 03:23 PM)
Well, I heard exactly what you are talking about. I just can't say for certain that is what they guy yelled. It could be anything.  confused13.gif

laugh.gif yyzyy has the best hearing out of all of us!

Eh? Wha?

What did you say? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Mar 4 2005, 09:17 PM)
Not having got ASoH on CD (go, sue me) and not being able to access my vinyl copy, I've not been able to check on this properly. However, one thing makes me think you may be mistaken - Closer to the Heart on ASoh was recorded at the NEC in Birmingham and saying 'you guys suck' is not really a British thing to shout - it would be more likely to have been 'You're a pile of shit' or 'what a load of crap'.

Also, speaking of someone who was there on the nights the DVD was filmed, I can honestly say that it was one of the most partisan crowds I've seen at any gig, let alone a Rush gig. Leaving the venue on both nights, I didn't see a dismembered torso dangling anywhere in the vicinity of the NEC which what probably would have happened to anyone shouting that on those nights.

I don't have ASOH, and didn't see the gig, but nicely put Slaine..........i think your probably right new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Maybe the same topic....maybe not.

Check out the video. During Closer to the Heart, Geddy's eyes are caught by someone or thing in the crowd. Shortly after, he gives Alex a quite direct and playful look which sends Alex up around Neil and over to Geddy's side to look out into the crowd.

Pure speculation. Perhaps an old friend or a member of the crew was bustin their chops? confused13.gif I agree it doesn't make sense that someone who really felt that way would spend the time and money to go to a show.

Does anyone else have the video? Have you noticed what I'm trying to describe?

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Mar 4 2005, 04:17 PM)
However, one thing makes me think you may be mistaken - Closer to the Heart on ASoh was recorded at the NEC in Birmingham and saying 'you guys suck' is not really a British thing to shout - it would be more likely to have been 'You're a pile of shit' or 'what a load of crap'.

Good point Slaine. But did you consider the possibility of someone from the states (or outside of England) being at the show?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 5 2005, 02:36 AM)
Maybe the same topic....maybe not.

Check out the video. During Closer to the Heart, Geddy's eyes are caught by someone or thing in the crowd. Shortly after, he gives Alex a quite direct and playful look which sends Alex up around Neil and over to Geddy's side to look out into the crowd.

Pure speculation. Perhaps an old friend or a member of the crew was bustin their chops? confused13.gif I agree it doesn't make sense that someone who really felt that way would spend the time and money to go to a show.

Does anyone else have the video? Have you noticed what I'm trying to describe?

Aw man - now I gotta WATCH as well as Listen. Where is that old VHS tape, anyway??? confused13.gif

It's been a long time since I've watch ASOH.

Archived