Favorite Version of "Spirit of the Radio"  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Version of "Spirit of the Radio"

• Studio
    • Exit...Stage Left
    • A Show of Hands
    • Different Stages
    • Rush in Rio

Spirit of the Radio is my favorite songs. What is your favorite version of the song? Of course the show of hands is the one on tape becasue it was not included on the album. Mine might have to be Different Stages. The second verse is THE BEST!!! OHHH CHICAGO!!!!!! I dont live in Chicago, its just the way he says it ROCKS!!! 2.gif

Anyway, my favorite is the studio version. For me, the studio version is unmatched. When I first heard it, I thought that it was the greatest song ever. The intro is simply amazing, and so is the rest of the song. My favorite lyric from the song: "But glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity." Always took that to heart.

Went with the studio version of The Spirit of Radio. It has a feel to it that is unmatched. However, this song is just a party within itself when they play it live. So much energy to this song. biggrin.gif

Has to be the studio...There's a feel to that recording that I can't explain...But my second choice is Different Stages...My absolute all-time favourite Live Rush Album...There is a feel and vibe to that crowd and instrument sound that just can't compare to any of their live work...3 CHEERS FOR DIFFERENT STAGES!!!!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

The sound quality of the studio version is the best, but were talking about "version" not sound quality so I have to pick Exit stage left.

Archived