I made a 19 minute song!

http://www.megaupload.com is a good site IMO.

I knew of a great website, http://www.stage.fm/

but theyve been freakin down for months now. I uploaded most of my music on there. They give you like 200MB of space. At one point I had my entire song "71" uploaded on there, which is about 118 minutes long. The thing is to split long songs up into parts to keep each track under 15MB.

But yeah I dont know if it will ever be back up or not, it's been a loooong time. sad.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Feb 27 2009, 07:12 PM)
but it is too large to upload anywhere for ya'll to hear it!!!

does anyone know somewhere where i can either upload a massive file, or shrink down the size??

i really think people should hear this smile.gif

Aren't you a member at TRF Musicians? There's a 300MB upload limit on that site.

THANK YOU LAUNCHPAD!!!

i forgot about TRF Musicians!!!!

i uploaded the whole song and you can listen to it here:

http://www.trfmusicians.com/media/uhp2/mus...sible_Light.mp3

here is some info on the song before you listen:

This is my first "concept" song. It is over 18 minutes long, and its....very ambititious.......I am playing Bass/Guitar/Keyboard/Vocals, and my brother is on Drums, and he does the first guitar solo.

Invisible Light is seperated into THREE parts:

Part I: Amaurotic

Part II: Invisible Light

Part III: Desertion

Please listen all the way through!! Because the last part is really the best, i think.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Mar 1 2009, 06:44 PM)
THANK YOU LAUNCHPAD!!!
i forgot about TRF Musicians!!!!

i uploaded the whole song and you can listen to it here:
http://www.trfmusicians.com/media/uhp2/mus...sible_Light.mp3

here is some info on the song before you listen:
This is my first "concept" song. It is over 18 minutes long, and its....very ambititious.......I am playing Bass/Guitar/Keyboard/Vocals, and my brother is on Drums, and he does the first guitar solo.

Invisible Light is seperated into THREE parts:
Part I: Amaurotic
Part II: Invisible Light
Part III: Desertion

Please listen all the way through!! Because the last part is really the best, i think.
smile.gif

I like it. You need to use a recording studio though because the audiophile in me is getting upset...

But really it sounds great.

Good work.......the vocals in the beginning have a little too much effects on them though (IMO).......some great ideas in there though, especially towards the end.

I like it. I see where you are trying to go with it. I love the beginning groove. Work on the production/mix a little more. Vocals sound pretty good in some parts, but that is not the right effect on the vocals at the beginning. Work on the tempo - the drummer is rushing/slowing in parts.

Overall, I really like it. It takes a lot of work for a song like this. Great job! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Mar 1 2009, 10:19 PM)
I like it. I see where you are trying to go with it. I love the beginning groove. Work on the production/mix a little more. Vocals sound pretty good in some parts, but that is not the right effect on the vocals at the beginning. Work on the tempo - the drummer is rushing/slowing in parts.

Overall, I really like it. It takes a lot of work for a song like this. Great job! 1022.gif

I agree with all of that. What you have there is a blueprint for a really good prog song. It needs to be re-recorded properly so you can hear all the instruments the way you're supposed to. I hope you can do that at some point -- this song deserves the proper presentation.

And to reiterate what Cow said, the drummer needs to lock in better. This is ambitious material and he almost got lost a few times.

since most of the reviews are positive ones, i thank you all!!!

and more importantly.......thank you for listening to it!!!

Cow and 1001 -

I think i need to spend the 500$ to get Logic Pro 8 for my Mac, which is like.....professional studio recording equipment.

And i will tell my brother what you guys said, about the drums.

If i re-record ths song with good software, and a more solid drum track.........will you guys really like it?!?!?!

biggrin.gif

Edit:

If you want to check out some of my other songs, go here:

http://www.myspace.com/myopicvoid2112

http://www.myspace.com/sugarsband

Edited by Wilderness_of_Mirrors

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Mar 2 2009, 10:25 AM)
since most of the reviews are positive ones, i thank you all!!!
and more importantly.......thank you for listening to it!!!

Cow and 1001 -
I think i need to spend the 500$ to get Logic Pro 8 for my Mac, which is like.....professional studio recording equipment.

If i re-record ths song with good software, and a more solid drum track.........will you guys really like it?!?!?!

biggrin.gif

Edit:
If you want to check out some of my other songs, go here:
http://www.myspace.com/myopicvoid2112
http://www.myspace.com/sugarsband

I'd buy the album if you could put out 45 minutes of music like this yes.gif

Just so long as it were well enough produced.

I had a bit of trouble hearing the vocal track at some points.

Oh, and I'm curious....is that a Ric I hear?

edit: was just listening to the songs on your myspace page, and I do like indeed.

Edited by mfratt

Cow and 1001 -

I already really like the song! It's good enough to deserve better production. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 2 2009, 01:35 PM)
Cow and 1001 -

I already really like the song! It's good enough to deserve better production. yes.gif

Exactly. We are just trying to help. My brother in law is a musician and he has a saying, 'musicians never hear music the way other people do'. He calls it the musician's curse. I like the song and hope you develop it! Good luck.

I'll be totally honest because its better then blowing smoke up your ass. The piece itself is extremely well written. The guitar and bass really shine in the song. The mix is poor, but I know your aware of that. That being said, if the song was no good it would not matter. The song is good indeed. The drums are a bit off in parts, and the singer needs to work on his chops. He is very off key at several points of the song. A good vocalist will make or break you if you deside to really shop your music. Your singer needs alot of work to get up to speed with the rest of the band. This music has serious potential, but the weak link is the vocals for me. Sorry to be so honest, but I'm a singer, so good vocals are a must for me.

Make no mistake about it, you should be extremely proud of this piece. 1022.gif trink39.gif

Tick - thank you a lot!!

i think i mentioned this in one of my other posts on this topic,

but I am the bassist / guitarist / keyboardist / and......*gulp*.......singer.....on this song and my brother is doing the drums.

i plan on remixing the song, to make it clearer.......

and i dont consider myself a singer really, but i would really like to get better at it.

SO, what are the WORST parts, vocally, and what can i do to make it better!? smile.gif

thanks again!

Edited by Wilderness_of_Mirrors

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Mar 10 2009, 03:34 PM)
Tick - thank you a lot!!

i think i mentioned this in one of my other posts on this topic,
but I am the bassist / guitarist / keyboardist / and......*gulp*.......singer.....on this song and my brother is doing the drums.

i plan on remixing the song, to make it clearer.......
and i dont consider myself a singer really, but i would really like to get better at it.

SO, what are the WORST parts, vocally, and what can i do to make it better!? smile.gif
thanks again!

Vocals are just like playing the bass, guitar, or keyboards. To do them right, it takes every bit the same effort. The singing is just off key, but with work, improvement will come. If you really want to sing well, a vocal coach will help you technically. Learning how to breath properly when singing will help you greatly. Like I said, its a great song, and you have much tallent. I wish I was able to do the vocal track for you, it would be epic ! 1022.gif trink39.gif

Keep up the good work grasshopper ! atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Mar 10 2009, 04:04 PM)
ill look into getting i vocal coach then!!

and that doesnt sound like a half-bad idea!! would you really be up to putting in the vocals??
i could send you the song via email............

just to hear what youd come up with.

If I had the means to do it, I would definetly lay down the track for you. I don't have a way to get it done.

If you have never heard my vocals, here they are...

http://www.myspace.com/primeelementrocks

People really seam to like the song Free.