Speaking of Travelling Music

My_Shrimp_Cot

I was just wondering:

If you went for a drive at say averaging 100 km/hr - 62 mph and listened to only Rush by starting with Rush album, include all the live releases (but not chronicles) and finished with Feedback, how far would you get when the last note of Crossroads played?

Well RiR is good for about 300 km on its own...

To the moon, probably...and then you could look back at some moonshine instead of earthshine.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 28 2005, 01:26 PM)
How far would I get? Until the point where I'd have to change to a different group because I'd get bored of just listening to the same group for the whole trip...

My guess would be up until Moving Pictures...

You can get bored listening to Rush? unsure.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Feb 28 2005, 03:42 PM)
How far would I get? Until the point where I'd have to change to a different group because I'd get bored of just listening to the same group for the whole trip...

My thoughts too PF'73

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Feb 28 2005, 06:42 PM)

Yeah. I can't stand listening to the same group all day.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 28 2005, 06:56 PM)

I was being hypothetical and theoretical anyway...

It is better to mix it up a little I agree, but all the way through to Moving pictures, that's a lot of music too.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 28 2005, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Feb 28 2005, 03:42 PM)

My thoughts too PF'73

My thought as well. That's basically all I have listened to for the past 3 years.

I do concur. From my house to Maryland it just takes T4E and Vapor Trails, and thats about 100 miles. For their 17 Studio albums, so lets figure each album is 45 mins long, and that makes 765 mins or 12.75 hours and you go 60 miles in that 1 hour thats about 2700 miles give or take a few miles. and thats not their live albums, so figure 3500 miles at the most. Damn my brain hurts.

Remember 2.gif ROCKS

trink39.gif

Now, wouldn't 12.75 hours of music, times 60 miles you travel each hour make it a 765 mile trip? I done this trip actually, several times, from my house here in NW Arkansas down to the folks house in south Texas and it's about that far. It's a 'Rush Complete Chronicles' trip. smile.gif

Now my brain hurts wink.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 28 2005, 03:56 PM)

I agree, sometimes I start listening to Geddy, Alex and Neil, then around lunch I switch to Alex, Neil and Geddy, later I listen to Neil, Geddy and Alex, and usually wrap-up the day with a little know band from Toronto comprised of three members otherwise known as Lerxt, Pratt and Dirk! boarder.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Mar 2 2005, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 28 2005, 03:56 PM)

I agree, sometimes I start listening to Geddy, Alex and Neil, then around lunch I switch to Alex, Neil and Geddy, later I listen to Neil, Geddy and Alex, and usually wrap-up the day with a little know band from Toronto comprised of three members otherwise known as Lerxt, Pratt and Dirk! boarder.gif

And then you listen to Pink Floyd all night. rofl3.gif

Archived