The Haunting In Connecticut

Tick

Just finished watching dvd rental of this... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Typical Hollywood treatment "Based On True Events" if they stuck to the REAL events surrounding this incident, would of been a good scary flick.

As is it's geared toward the teen crowd unimaginative weak story line. Also borrowing to much from Spielbergs Poltergeist and GhostBusters!- visually and sound effects.

Very disappointing, but glad I didn't waste money seeing this at theater.

The Discovery channel series "A Haunting" episode on the Connecticut haunting with the real family narrating the events way more frightening then this made up tinsel town schlock.

Last good scary movie I watched, and btw also based on True events and far more realistic to what was actually reported was "The Exorcism of Emily Rose"

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 31 2009, 08:08 PM)
Here's them digital shots from Union Cemetery in Easton, CT

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/church.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/sideofroad.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/entrance.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/fence.jpg

Trying to be a myth buster...kind of looks like a dirty lens with water spots. But since they are not consistent, that gets ruled out. The next option would dust or pollen.

I just seen this movie last week. It was pretty good. A little cheezy, but all in all, worth watching.

And it's STILL just pollen in the air, reflecting from the flash of the camera. I actually took a picture in the dark last night of my son with a long exposure. I panned the camera quickly past his stationary position and the result wound up as if he wasn't even there, but there was a blurred out shape of him, in his abscence. I bet I could get some of you to believe it's a legitimate picture of a ghost.

Simple photographic tricks. Sorry.

Dust or ghost or pollen or whatever...I don't see any scary shit in those pics. I want to be terrified to the point of crying while looking through this thread! ohmy.gif

I should go rent the dvd at least. Someone mentioned The Excorcism of Emily Rose earlier...yeah, I enjoyed that one too new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 28 2009, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Mar 28 2009, 02:08 PM)
A decent but flawed horror movie. While I would give it a 6 out of 10, there are issues. A good horror flick relies on building suspence so where the scares come, you are kind of taken off guard. In this movie, they tried to throw them at you a little bit too much. It took away from the movie, because you starting feeling numb to it. All in all though a flick that is better then most of this genre. I should add, I'm extremely hard to please when it comes to horror movies. My final words is, if you were planning on going, you should.

Can we bring this thread back on topic for those interested in the movie. Thanks. smile.gif

watched the dvd couple weeks back,all the usual cliches are in there but as is usually the case not much happens in the first 2/3rds of the film just the usual series of moans,creaking doors and fleeting shadows.

i like most people get drawn in by the trailers but modern day horror films seldom live up to the hype.

i prefer to watch reruns of classics like the shining,omen.exorcist and the many other quality horrors that came out of this period

i went to see final destination 3d last week....it aint good ,just a series of bizzare accidents with lashings of lovely ketchup wink.gif

oh as for extraterestrials.....absolutely no doubt about it but last time i got myself drawn into this debate certain peeps got a bit nasty so i will abstain on this occasion.

go pro ufo!!!!

I guess it's not the one I thought it was. The one I watched was about a family with a son that had cancer and they rented a house in Connecticut that had been a former funeral parlor.

There was this show on Discovery channel called A Haunting and they covered this story on one of the episodes. One of the better and scarier ghost stories out there I think. Can't remember if the family was told about the house's history before they bought it or not. All I know is if the relator told me the place used to be a funeral home, I would pass on it without hesitation no matter how much I may have liked the place.

You don't get involved with a place that has a dark history like that.

• Like 1

I guess it's not the one I thought it was. The one I watched was about a family with a son that had cancer and they rented a house in Connecticut that had been a former funeral parlor.

There was this show on Discovery channel called A Haunting and they covered this story on one of the episodes. One of the better and scarier ghost stories out there I think. Can't remember if the family was told about the house's history before they bought it or not. All I know is if the relator told me the place used to be a funeral home, I would pass on it without hesitation no matter how much I may have liked the place.

I agree about it being scary. I had a hard time watching it. Just saw the follow-up i posted above earlier today and even had a hard time watching that.

I don't think anyone told them anything about the history of the home. They found out when they went into the basement.

I agree about it being scary. I had a hard time watching it. Just saw the follow-up i posted above earlier today and even had a hard time watching that.

I don't think anyone told them anything about the history of the home. They found out when they went into the basement.

I'll watch that video you posted. I've seen a few different TV documentaries about this story. So, maybe I've seen that one before.

• Like 1

I love the quote here:

The film is alleged to be about Carmen Snedeker and her family, though Ray Garton, author of In a Dark Place: The Story of a True Haunting (1992), has publicly distanced himself from the accuracy of the events he depicted in the book. :LOL:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunting_in_Connecticut