The Haunting In Connecticut

Tick

I can't wait to see this movie ! Living in Connecticut, makes it just a little cooler.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 30 2009, 02:22 PM)
I can't wait to see this movie ! Living in Connecticut, makes it just a little cooler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRJA3lN0xCQ

I remember that they filmed the Stepford Wives (1975) in Connecticut.

OO MY kinda movie! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Based on a true story!! unsure.gif

bolt.gif

trink39.gif to Connecticut being loaded with creepy hauntings and strange paranormal phenomena!

The town I live in is rather haunted, including my own house! (ugh)

I also live a few minutes from the Union Cemetery in Easton where "The White Lady" has been known to roam unsure.gif

Gotta love Connecticut for some things, eh? confused13.gif

Now if only we had an abundance of UFO sightings wink.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 30 2009, 04:10 PM)
trink39.gif to Connecticut being loaded with creepy hauntings and strange paranormal phenomena!

I also live a few minutes from the Union Cemetery in Easton where "The White Lady" has been known to roam unsure.gif

Tark, a few years back I shot a roll of film in Union Cemetary late at night. All sorts of messed up stuff showed up on the roll. All sorts of white energy globules, and the silowette of an old mans face. I was freaked, cause I thought nothing was going to appear on the film. I was shocked, at what did.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 30 2009, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 30 2009, 04:10 PM)

Tark, a few years back I shot a roll of film in Union Cemetary late at night. All sorts of messed up stuff showed up on the roll. All sorts of white energy globules, and the silowette of an old mans face. I was freaked, cause I thought nothing was going to appear on the film. I was shocked, at what did.

Post the pics.

I grew up in Hamden, CT from '78-'87, my teenage years.

I used to be into all of that paranormal stuff.

As for CT haunts, don't forget Dudleytown...I've been there twice (in '81, and'83)...NOTHING there but peace, quiet, and a few old stone foundations. It's actually very peaceful, too bad it's become a paranormal circus.

That's a way overly Hollywoodized version of the story.

the actual case is called The Lindley Street Haunting, or The Devil in CT Case. http://www.warrens.net/lindley_street.html

There was a book written many years ago called The Demonologist. This is possibly...no.... without a doubt, the scariest thing I've ever read.http://www.thedemonologist.net/. I'm pretty sure a very detailed and "accurate" account of the story is included in that book.

I USED to believe in all of that paranormal stuff, Ed and Lorraine Warren, demons, Jesus, and good VS evil blah blah blah and was really into as a kid and read all kinds of crap about it. Iteresting and scary if you believe, but just crazy stories if you don't.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jan 31 2009, 08:43 AM)

That's a way overly Hollywoodized version of the story.

the actual case is called The Lindley Street Haunting, or The Devil in CT Case. http://www.warrens.net/lindley_street.html

There was a book written many years ago called The Demonologist. This is possibly...no.... without a doubt, the scariest thing I've ever read.http://www.thedemonologist.net/. I'm pretty sure a very detailed and "accurate" account of the story is included in that book.

I USED to believe in all of that paranormal stuff, Ed and Lorraine Warren, demons, Jesus, and good VS evil blah blah blah and was really into as a kid and read all kinds of crap about it. Iteresting and scary if you believe, but just crazy stories if you don't.

I had no idea it was based on the Lindley street haunting. I live about 5 miles from Lindley street. I remember hearing lots about that house growing up.

As far as posting the pictures taken at Union. My wife threw them out years ago. She did not want them in the house. It made no difference to me. They were some freaky pictures. I'm sure a skeptic would reason it all away, but there was an old mans face right next to a tree I shot a picture at. I wholeheartedly believe in the supernatural realm. Logic says, if there is a natural realm, there is a supernatural realm as well.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 30 2009, 03:10 PM)
:Now if only we had an abundance of UFO sightings wink.gif

There were...back in the '80's.

One of my best friends is absolutely convinced to this very day that he saw a UFO. Another one of my friends and I saw the same thing but from and entirely different perspective and in another location.

On the night I saw it (late March 1986) I was hanging out with one of my friends who was a care taker at a park (Brooksvale) on the Hamden, Cheshire line. There was a monthly meeting of a fly fishermans organization that night and we had to close everything up after they left which was about 9 o'clock at night.

That night, starting around 7:00 lights were seen in a diamond pattern slowly flying apparently following I-95 and by around 8:45 they had changed course and began to follow I-91 north, and around 9:00 o'clock abruptly headed west towards NY once over the Wallingford area.

PEOPLE ALL UP AND DOWN THE COAST FREAKED THE HELL OUT!!!!!!

It was all over the news, cops were driving around everywhere, emergency line phones were ringing off the hook, radio stations stopped playing music and were talking about what the hell was flying up there. Prime time news breaks talked only about the lights in the sky.

Even one of my friends in Hamden was driving around like a mad man in his brothers 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible, with the top down, chasing these light all over the place.

Of course my friend, the fly fishermen, and I knew nothing of this as it was happening. (remember this is 1986, no computers, cell phones, or any of that).

When I got home my parents were asking me if I saw the lights, if I knew anything and had I heard about "the UFO that was seen in the sky". I quickly called my friend, who had been tearing up the streets in his brothers Oldsmobile and was now home, and he excitedly described all of the events that had occurred earlier.

After the fly fishermans meeting had ended and we were going to lock the gates to the park parking lot, when we were sure all the fly fisherman had left. My friend, the park care taker, and I were surprised to find a few of the fishermen standing outside their parked cars looking up into the sky. Directly over head was a formation of lights in a diamond pattern flying slowly west.....and being out in the middle of nowhere where there was almost no sound other than the wind in the trees...we could clearly hear the sound of small airplane engines as the lights flew over....."I wonder what those planes are looking for" was about all anyone said before we all got into our cars and headed for home and the awaiting chaos.

Back in the '80's there were these 6 or so pilots would take to their Piper Cubs based out of some small air strip in NY. They would take off and fly in close formation in diamond, or triangle patterns, into NY and along the CT coast following I-95 and then head back to their air strip. They did this occasionally just to see what would happen.

It was later revealed that the lights in the sky were actually airplanes, and that they were the same group of guys who liked to get their kicks by flying in formation making people think they were witnessing an extra-terrestrial event. But to this day my friend who chased around in his brother Oldsmobile, and I'm sure many, many more people are convinced what they saw came from another, interstellar world.

Many here know the story of the UFO I saw in Milford in 78. Hundreds of people in the state saw what I saw that night. It was a saucer hovering over a field 200 yards away from my house. I will never forget it. Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 31 2009, 08:59 AM)
Many here know the story of the UFO I saw in Milford in 78. Hundreds of people in the state saw what I saw that night. It was a saucer hovering over a field 200 yards away from my house. I will never forget it.

I'll tell ya what...I believe, I believe, I believe, I beleive so bad it hurts.

I scan the day skies, and the night skies hoping to God to see something, but the closest thing I have ever seen was the story I posted before.

Post the pics from the cemetary if you can...and of the UFO you saw.

Many here know the story of the UFO I saw in Milford in 78. Hundreds of people in the state saw what I saw that night. It was a saucer hovering over a field 200 yards away from my house. I will never forget it.

Got a link Tick?

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jan 31 2009, 10:06 AM)

I scan the day skies, and the night skies hoping to God to see something, but the closest thing I have ever seen was the story I posted before.

As I posted a couple posts back. My wife threw out the pictures years ago. She just did not want them in the house anymore.

I have no links to post for the UFO I saw. I do have the memorie of something I will never forget.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 31 2009, 10:17 AM)

As I posted a couple posts back. My wife threw out the pictures years ago. She just did not want them in the house anymore.

I have no links to post for the UFO I saw. I do have the memorie of something I will never forget.

I think you did too many hallucinagenic drugs back in your rock star days. laugh.gif

Ask yourself this. WHY would beings intelligent enough to come up with SPACE travel, use that technology to travel MILLIONS of light years to spy on CONNECTICUT??? I mean really... even humans don't want to be there. z7shysterical.gif

Then... for your graveyard episode, you were shooting FILM. Anything can happen while using a flash in a DARK area while using FILM. Those little white "energy balls" have been debunked a million times by scientists. The one that seemed to take a shape of a face is just a coincidence. Also, your mind will see what it wants to see.

You seem to be really looking for proof of the supernatural world. Your statement that "logic dictates that since there is a natural world... there has to be a supernatural world" makes no sense. Logic dictates that there are scientific EXPLANATIONS for almost every "paranormal" event. LOGIC dictates that beings far superior to us, would not be bothered with hiding their existance. Logic dictates that using a film camera at night in a cemetary with a FLASH is definitely going to f**k your film up. laugh.gif

Now... don't get me wrong. I believe in life on other planets, and I have a feeling that maybe we've been watched, but I don't think that aliens abduct us or zoom around our skies at night HIDING from us. I also believe in the paranormal, hauntings and the like... i just think that your proof is lame because it was FILM with a FLASH. You have to be LOGICAL enough to understand that, right?

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 31 2009, 10:36 AM)

I think you did too many hallucinagenic drugs back in your rock star days. laugh.gif

Ask yourself this. WHY would beings intelligent enough to come up with SPACE travel, use that technology to travel MILLIONS of light years to spy on CONNECTICUT??? I mean really... even humans don't want to be there. z7shysterical.gif

Then... for your graveyard episode, you were shooting FILM. Anything can happen while using a flash in a DARK area while using FILM. Those little white "energy balls" have been debunked a million times by scientists. The one that seemed to take a shape of a face is just a coincidence. Also, your mind will see what it wants to see.

You seem to be really looking for proof of the supernatural world. Your statement that "logic dictates that since there is a natural world... there has to be a supernatural world" makes no sense. Logic dictates that there are scientific EXPLANATIONS for almost every "paranormal" event. LOGIC dictates that beings far superior to us, would not be bothered with hiding their existance. Logic dictates that using a film camera at night in a cemetary with a FLASH is definitely going to f**k your film up. laugh.gif

Now... don't get me wrong. I believe in life on other planets, and I have a feeling that maybe we've been watched, but I don't think that aliens abduct us or zoom around our skies at night HIDING from us. I also believe in the paranormal, hauntings and the like... i just think that your proof is lame because it was FILM with a FLASH. You have to be LOGICAL enough to understand that, right?

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

Next time I see you, I'm going to punch you in the stomach ! angry.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Seriouly though, your judging something without having seen. The old mans face was there. Think what you want.

I stand by my statement, f**k science. Science is that of a very flawed creation called "man". I belive LOGIC dictates the supernatuaral exists.

Danka ! moon.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 31 2009, 10:41 AM)

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Seriouly though, your judging something without having seen. The old mans face was there. Think what you want.

I stand by my statement, f**k science. Science is that of a very flawed creation called "man". I belive LOGIC dictates the supernatuaral exists.

Danka ! moon.gif

A punch from your reconstructed shoulder will do NO damage to my reconstructed stomach. no.gif

laugh.gif

Next time we're together, we'll take a nighttime walk through a cemetary and I'll take both my film camera and my digital camera and PROVE to you that film cameras suck in this instance as proof of supernatural occurances. Film is way too susceptible to light to be used as evidence of anything paranormal. yes.gif

I'm just too much of a skeptic. Don't take offense or nuttin'. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 31 2009, 11:32 AM)

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Danka ! moon.gif

A punch from your reconstructed shoulder will do NO damage to my reconstructed stomach. no.gif

laugh.gif

Next time we're together, we'll take a nighttime walk through a cemetary and I'll take both my film camera and my digital camera and PROVE to you that film cameras suck in this instance as proof of supernatural occurances. Film is way too susceptible to light to be used as evidence of anything paranormal. yes.gif

laugh.gif Oh yeah, well I have a pretty good left hook !

Ok, your on. Lets conduct this little experiment.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 31 2009, 10:32 AM)

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Danka ! moon.gif

laugh.gif

Some friends and I have shot some digital photos from that same cemetery. In just about every single one there were the "globules" that tick described. My buddy Rich still has all of those pictures and I will get them from him as soon as I can and post them. There was one where literally HUNDREDS of glowing spheres appeared. It was quite a sight! I'll just post em in this thread when I get them.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 31 2009, 03:18 PM)

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Danka ! moon.gif

laugh.gif

Some friends and I have shot some digital photos from that same cemetery. In just about every single one there were the "globules" that tick described. My buddy Rich still has all of those pictures and I will get them from him as soon as I can and post them. There was one where literally HUNDREDS of glowing spheres appeared. It was quite a sight! I'll just post em in this thread when I get them.

It's a photographic anomaly. C'mon... you can't think it's anything more can you?

:sheesh:

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Danka ! moon.gif

Next time we're together, we'll take a nighttime walk through a cemetary and I'll take both my film camera and my digital camera

WHOA!!!!

sounds romantic. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 31 2009, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 31 2009, 03:18 PM)

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Danka ! moon.gif

laugh.gif

It's a photographic anomaly. C'mon... you can't think it's anything more can you?

:sheesh:

I'm not saying it's anything at all, I'm just saying I got the photos! confused13.gif As a matter-o-fact, I just got back from my buddy's house and I'm uploading them right now. In a few minutes you can view for yourself smile.gif

Edited by Tarkus406

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jan 31 2009, 06:50 PM)

Live long and prosper. V

pokey.gif

wink.gif tongue.gif

Danka ! moon.gif

Next time we're together, we'll take a nighttime walk through a cemetary and I'll take both my film camera and my digital camera

WHOA!!!!

sounds romantic. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah... romantic for goth kids maybe. z7shysterical.gif

Here's them digital shots from Union Cemetery in Easton, CT

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/church.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/sideofroad.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/entrance.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/fence.jpg

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 31 2009, 08:08 PM)
Here's them digital shots from Union Cemetery in Easton, CT

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/church.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/sideofroad.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/entrance.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Tarkus406/Union%20Cemetery/fence.jpg

ohmy.gif Wow, thats way more on each picture then I had. I did have the one picture with the old mans face. That one was trully freaky. Of coarse Necro would say a picture of some old guy in a nursing home got intertwined with my roll of film. Some people are such skeptics, its not even worth argueing. eyesre4.gif

Necro, if we shoot a roll of film in some dark location,(does not have to be a cemetary) and these things appear, I will concede it may be nothing. But if nothing shows up on th film, you better be ready to concede your wrong. yes.gif