American Idol

PanaceaFish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ May 14 2009, 07:02 AM)
At least Adam's still there... smile.gif

ok--but here's my take on Adam...he's got the look and he does have a GREAT voice, when he's not screaming!

sometimes he screams for screaming's sake, and he really doesnt have to do that.

IMHO, of the two, Kris is miles more talented. This guy is a wonderful musician and singer, and very original.

Adam can sing truly. He struts onto the stage as a rock god, and halfway thru most performances, he switches into a feminine persona and goes mezzosoprano as if he were on Broadway....

Very annoying to me.

Kris is awesome.

Good Luck to Kris!

QUOTE (vital signz @ May 17 2009, 08:55 AM)
IMHO, of the two, Kris is miles more talented.  This guy is a wonderful musician and singer, and very original. 

Adam can sing truly.  He struts onto the stage as a rock god, and halfway thru most performances, he switches into a feminine persona and goes mezzosoprano as if he were on Broadway....

Very annoying to me.

Kris is awesome.

Good Luck to Kris!

Kris is a dishrag---sorry, I got nothing for him. No offense to those who dig him, but I get no vibe from him whatsoever.

I agree with workingcinderellaman that Adam is a good frontman, and should not go solo.

Edited by Queen of Megadon

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ May 20 2009, 08:20 PM)
Well, I'm rootin' for Adam...I thought he was pretty good for much of the season...

Sorry to those who didn't think the same way I do!

smile.gif

I think Adam is the better choice for "American Idol".

I....hate....the....FILLER!

Shut up with your jokes Seacrest and tell us who won angry.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ May 20 2009, 09:10 PM)
So...Someone rigged the vote or what?  laugh.gif

Over 100 million votes to find out.

I would have liked to know how close it was.

I would think pretty close.

I only saw the las t half but a least I got to see Rockin' Rod. old.gif laugh.gif

He bout tripped as he was grabbing for the mic. But it did look like someone had set a trap for him. The mic stand was right behind three recesses in the stage floor. God, what if he had fallen flat on his face! laugh.gif But I thought he did pretty good.

As far as the winner, Kris was probably my 3rd or 4th favorite.

Adam's definitely got a unique voice. But a voice I agree that belongs in a band. And agree he should tone down the screaminess.

I'd like to hear him do something like Journey's more bluesy songs.

The short red-colored hair girl that sounds like Pink I wish well. Alexia, I think? Of all the contestants, she seems very genuine and sweet natured. Very young to have such a quick rise to fame. She seems quite modest, and I hope she can say that way.

And I know what some will say, but I think Megan (big bosomed blond but with no swiss accent wink.gif ) has alot of promise. I hope she goes more towards folk and some bluegrass instead of country.

AI found some pretty good talent.

Oh, a thanks to PanaceaFish for the thread. bekloppt.gif

^^^^^^^^ rockin rod? did i miss something?

anyhoo

rigged? yes. Adam has to have a deal already in the works, and if he'd won, he'd have to be under the wing of Fremantle or whoever runs Idol

Now he can do whatever he wants, be it touring with Queen....omg he was fantastic and brought tears to both mine and my wife's eyes...or KEE-YUS...he seemed as if he belonged on stage between Gene and Paul

Kris? sorry he'll be forgotten in a couple months...he can barely sing the No Boundaries thing

btw isnt that a WalMart brand?

QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 10 2009, 08:13 PM)
Ellen, r u serious? Ellen?

Why? confused13.gif

Not the same. People can say what they want about Paula's airheadedness, but at least she had a BACKGROUND in the music business. Ellen doesn't. And that "new" chick from last year was unimpressive, so that leaves us with the men, Simon and Randy. Not too crazy with the judging team, overall.

I agree Paula had at least somewhat of a career as a recording artist, so she has more credibility than Ellen. But it's not like Paula ever commented on anything besides how great everybody looked and how much fun they looked like they were having, and I think Ellen will be able to more than fill that roll.

I'll give this a chance. Idol won't truly jump the shark until Simon leaves.

Oh please, who cares about their "musical background". Yeah, that's why I tune into American Idol. To hear the musical insights of Paula Abdul 062802puke_prv.gif .

If the producers were concerned with musical insight why wouldn't they just hire some top record producers? Because they are concerned with ratings. It's an entertainment show and Ellen DeGeneres will bring in a lot of viewers. cheer.gif

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Sep 10 2009, 08:53 PM)
Oh please, who cares about their "musical background". Yeah, that's why I tune into American Idol. To hear the musical insights of Paula Abdul 062802puke_prv.gif .

If the producers were concerned with musical insight why wouldn't they just hire some top record producers? Because they are concerned with ratings. It's an entertainment show and Ellen DeGeneres will bring in a lot of viewers. cheer.gif

Exactly......this show will suck even more know (if that's possible)......