• Safari
    • Other (Specify)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 3 2009, 12:26 PM)
I do have to say...... Google Chrome dose not work well with this forum

Really? I have no problems. And I don't get all those annoying Active X pop-up warnings.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Feb 3 2009, 10:29 AM)
I do have to say......  Google Chrome dose not work well with this forum

Really? I have no problems. And I don't get all those annoying Active X pop-up warnings.

I have a problem if I am making something bold(Italiacs/color/font/...ect), or manually trying to quote something. Chrome wont let me highlight what I want to alter and just hit the tools. I have to hit the tool, the text i want altered, then the tool again to close it off. And whenever I hit a tool it appears at the end of what i have completed of my post, not where I set the cursor.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 3 2009, 03:46 PM)

I have a problem if I am making something bold(Italiacs/color/font/...ect), or manually trying to quote something. Chrome wont let me highlight what I want to alter and just hit the tools. I have to hit the tool, the text i want altered, then the tool again to close it off. And whenever I hit a tool it appears at the end of what i have completed of my post, not where I set the cursor.

I guess I am used to using tags manually. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Feb 3 2009, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 3 2009, 03:46 PM)

I guess I am used to using tags manually. unsure.gif

Yeah same here. I never use the buttons. I love Chrome. When I reinstalled Windows XP, Windows 7 bricked my Blackberry...., I went to chrome.google.com first biggrin.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Feb 3 2009, 11:28 PM)
Chrome, by a huge margin. It will be completely dominant once sites begin to fully support it.

Yes, that one small problem of full support only comes into play with my Hotmail account. Otherwise, it is speedy and is setting the new standard.

I went with Google Chrome. I used Internet Explorer for YEARS and actually just switched to Chrome last week. It's awesome! I just wish I had of made the switch a long time ago.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 23 2008, 03:32 PM)
I am really digging Google Chrome

I was on a friend's computer the other night, and he had Google Chrome.

That thing was pretty solid. I'm going to have to install that one on my home PC. smile.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 31 2010, 01:39 PM)
Chrome is very fast on my laptop, FF seems awfully slow in comparison.

Maybe I should let my son try this on his old lap top.

Opera wins.

Honestly, I'm happy using IE. I've tried Firefox, and it's pretty cool too - I might get it sometime so I can get that Google 'most visited' page back.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jun 28 2010, 02:50 PM)
Opera wins.

Opera is seriously the best, without a doubt.

I voted for Safari because it's what my iPod touch uses (which I'm writing this reply with) and it is really fast and easy to use but on my laptop I use Internet explorer which is still very good.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jun 30 2010, 10:11 PM)
Opera wins.

I agree....I've tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari (which I really like)...BUt Opera beats 'em all....I'm still working on tweaking my settings, but overall it's pretty damn good.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Jul 19 2010, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jun 30 2010, 10:11 PM)
Opera wins.

I agree....I've tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari (which I really like)...BUt Opera beats 'em all....I'm still working on tweaking my settings, but overall it's pretty damn good.

Opera floats; all others bloats(?)

Just trying opera and seeing how effortlessly it glides through each page is enough to prove itself to anyone.

And yes, I'm ashamed of this, but I adore the speed dial.

Of the mainstream browsers, IE is definitely the worst, followed by Firefox, then safari, then chrome; but the clear victor is Opera.

Other than the sheer speed of opera, the differences between the rest aren't so big. My problem with Firefox is that you can't download files straight to a temporary folder that will be automatically deleted later without worrying about it. IE is a nightmare. Opera performs four times faster than this heavy-weight resource devouring monster. Since switching to it from IE, I have never gotten a virus.

Of course, Opera was designed for the Windows OS, and I do not know how well it performs otherwise.

My girlfriend shares all of the same experiences.