• Fire Fox
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari
    • Other (Specify)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Dec 23 2008, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 23 2008, 03:32 PM)
I am really digging Google Chrome

Same here. Has been my browser since the day it came out.

yes.gif

I voted Explorer, but I've always used that and it's the only one I've ever used.

Well, I used Firefox (I think it was) a couple of times at Fridge's place, but I'm so used to using Explorer, so... tongue.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 23 2008, 03:06 PM)

yes.gif

Thirded! I have it on my wife's laptop and can't wait for the Mac version.

For now it's a tie between Safari & Firefox. Firefox has so many neat features but Safari automatically logs me on to here and other message boards. The biggest Safari drawback is that opening up PDF files makes it lock up.

Well to expand my reason for liking google chrome, I like how fast it is and that it is very minimalistic. I also like how you can make shortcuts to web apps. Little things like that are huge. And best of all, separate tab and extention processes.

I would chose Google Chrome; unfortunately there is not a Linux version of Chrome available.

But, when I get my new laptop for Christmas (!!!!) I'm going to set up two separate partitions; one for Windows, one for Linux. When I'm in Windows, my browser will be Chrome.

But for now, Firefox is my browser

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 23 2008, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 23 2008, 03:06 PM)

yes.gif

Thirded! I have it on my wife's laptop and can't wait for the Mac version.

For now it's a tie between Safari & Firefox. Firefox has so many neat features but Safari automatically logs me on to here and other message boards. The biggest Safari drawback is that opening up PDF files makes it lock up.

i agree. i'd love to have Google Chrome for my Mac Book.

I like Safari well enough, but i've been using Camino on my Mac Book. It also saves your info (if you'd like) for logging into places.

For a while Safari was too slow to load images. so when i found Camino, i liked it much more. but Safari is a very close second.

until Chrome is available, that is.

smile.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Dec 24 2008, 12:31 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 23 2008, 09:53 PM)
IE7.

IE8... wink.gif

I seriously hope you joking. That is one bloated piece of software. And it really doesn't offer anything thats not already available.

Once Google Chrome is put on computers straight from the OEM, I think Internet Explorers overdue doom will finally come. Once the user has a choice thats right there in front of them, I would imagine they would pick Chrome. Most users do not realize there is another way to browse the web besides Internet Explorer.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Dec 24 2008, 12:49 PM)
IE7.

IE8... wink.gif

I seriously hope you joking. That is one bloated piece of software. And it really doesn't offer anything thats not already available.

Once Google Chrome is put on computers straight from the OEM, I think Internet Explorers overdue doom will finally come. Once the user has a choice thats right there in front of them, I would imagine they would pick Chrome. Most users do not realize there is another way to browse the web besides Internet Explorer.

Imagine that..........some people actually like/use IE, and other Microsoft products........we are well aware that you hate them though.

wink.gif

edit-spelling

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 24 2008, 03:15 PM)
IE7.

IE8... wink.gif

Imagine that..........some people actually like/use IE, and other Microsoft products........we are well aware that you hate them though.

wink.gif

edit-spelling

Hate is a strong word. I use Windows every day. I just don't like the monopoly they have right now.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Dec 24 2008, 03:07 PM)
IE7.

IE8... wink.gif

wink.gif

edit-spelling

Hate is a strong word. I use Windows every day. I just don't like the monopoly they have right now.

Ok, I didn't mean hate.........dislike would be a better word.........my bad.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 24 2008, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (rushringleader @ Dec 24 2008, 03:07 PM)
IE7.

IE8... wink.gif

wink.gif

edit-spelling

Ok, I didn't mean hate.........dislike would be a better word.........my bad.

trink39.gif

Haha, its ok. I guess me being a Mac and Google Fan boy shine through in this forum biggrin.gif

I just can't think of anything that IE does that the other browsers don't do better. It's bloated, slow, annoying, can't be completely uninstalled, and it still has serious security issues. And there's still standards-compliance issues.

My preference is FF, but I wouldn't have a problem with using Chrome or Opera.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Dec 24 2008, 06:18 PM)
I just can't think of anything that IE does that the other browsers don't do better. It's bloated, slow, annoying, can't be completely uninstalled, and it still has serious security issues. And there's still standards-compliance issues.

My preference is FF, but I wouldn't have a problem with using Chrome or Opera.

I use OWA a fair bit, and IE displays it the best...........