Give me your best hangover cure ?

Tick

QUOTE (Gompers @ Dec 19 2008, 08:52 AM)

Never, ever, take acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol) before going to bed after binging. That stuff tears up your liver and with your body metabolizing the copious amounts of alcohol already, it's doing double duty.

I am always amazed at how many people do not know this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never could figure out what hair of the dog meant?

Really, is it just to make you sick to start the whole vomiting process? Thats what dog hair reminds me of... unsure.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 19 2008, 01:35 PM)

Never, ever, take acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol) before going to bed after binging. That stuff tears up your liver and with your body metabolizing the copious amounts of alcohol already, it's doing double duty.

I have never heard this before and I have family and friends who are doctors and nurses. Nice to know! thanks

The best hangover cure i found is the Hi-C orange drink from McDonalds.

its non-carbonated.

i get a supersize one of those, and a small fry and one cheeseburger.

by the time the supersize hi C is gone, and the very small amount of food, hangover is magically gone

try it!

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Dec 19 2008, 05:37 PM)
I never could figure out what hair of the dog meant?

Really, is it just to make you sick to start the whole vomiting process? Thats what dog hair reminds me of... unsure.gif

'Hair of the dog that bit you' is the whole saying...the dog that bit you being the alcohol that gave you the hangover...'Hair' of said dog...is just a bit more of what got you there to begin with...meaning more alcohol.

That's why some hangover remedies contain alcohol of some sort...the intent being to ease you down past the hangover as opposed to giving you a whole new one. wink.gif

QUOTE (MrHands @ Dec 12 2008, 05:53 PM)
There was something about this very thing on the Food Network this week. I can't remember all the details, but...

Eat before you drink.

Try to thow in some H2O between drinks.

Lighter colored spirits don't cause as bad of a hangover.

For the day after, try eating a heavy meal - lot's of protein, fat & carbs & rehydrate.

A big bowl of menudo.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 13 2009, 01:33 PM)
There was something about this very thing on the Food Network this week. I can't remember all the details, but...

Eat before you drink.

For the day after, try eating a heavy meal - lot's of protein, fat & carbs & rehydrate.

A big bowl of menudo.

Isn't that intestines ? scared.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 13 2009, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 13 2009, 01:33 PM)

Eat before you drink.

A big bowl of menudo.

Isn't that intestines ? scared.gif

Yeah but it tastes good yes.gif It soaks a hangover right up.

I would always go for a container of Orange Juice and a bucket of clams or oysters. Seems odd on the surface...but, I remember researching the rationale behind this move and both articles did seem to have the specific nutrients which you're body has been stripped of by the alcohol. So, there was a method to my madness.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 12 2008, 10:43 PM)
For me, the same thing works EVERY time (and Ive been at this a while). For me, the way to avoid it is to not let it start. No matter how bombed I am, I drink as much water as I can stand, even a little past where I think Im not thirsty anymore and take 2-3 Advil BEFORE I pass out. It ALWAYS works!

This is what has always worked for me. I haven't had a hangover in years thanks to this method. Eating a little something helps too.

2 Bread, 2 Water, 2 Advil

pedialyte helps me - it restores the electolytes you lose when you drink.

Titties and beer - frank zappa always cures my hangovers for some reason - try that .

stay drunk trink38.gif

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 20 2008, 12:08 AM)

I have never heard this before and I have family and friends who are doctors and nurses. Nice to know! thanks

You beat me to it.

Acetemetaphin (Tylenol) is under more and more scrutiny for the damage it does to your liver, and I believe the FDA is going to lower the maximum single dosage to 650mg (from 1000mg) due to so many people not realizing how much of this they're taking . It's in Nyquil, Prescriptions like Vicodin, and so many other OTC products. People are taking too much and not knowing it.

Anyway, back in my younger and partying days I would drink a lot of water and take "whatever was available for a headache" usually advil, but sometimes tylenol before bed...and I didn't know what I know now about the damage that can do. Now it's absolutely advil. It's harmless to your liver and allows it to fight off the alcohol and not have to deal with the tylenol and do double duty.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 7 2009, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 20 2008, 12:08 AM)

You beat me to it.

Acetemetaphin (Tylenol) is under more and more scrutiny for the damage it does to your liver, and I believe the FDA is going to lower the maximum single dosage to 650mg (from 1000mg) due to so many people not realizing how much of this they're taking . It's in Nyquil, Prescriptions like Vicodin, and so many other OTC products. People are taking too much and not knowing it.

Anyway, back in my younger and partying days I would drink a lot of water and take "whatever was available for a headache" usually advil, but sometimes tylenol before bed...and I didn't know what I know now about the damage that can do. Now it's absolutely advil. It's harmless to your liver and allows it to fight off the alcohol and not have to deal with the tylenol and do double duty.

They need to take it out of Percocet and other opiates so abusers can feel better about there addiction. yes.gif

no.gif

bekloppt.gif

doh.gif BOY !