God, this gets old

GhostGirl

Saw this on the Huffington Post...

Even Jessica Friggin' Alba doesn't look good enough for the public. eyesre4.gif This is for a calendar, apparently.

The original photo on the left had to be airbrushed into the unrealistic and ridiculous Barbie image on the right.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/52490/original.jpg

Because she looked horrendous in the original. sarcasm.gif I get so sick of this crap.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/08/j...t_n_149182.html

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old would not be the word I use for this..*winks* That word requires much swearing and cursing.

It also looks like they combined a different headshot of her as well. (..when you do this for a living..you pick up some visual cues..) Notice the eyes aren't looking in the same direction and the hair is not placed exactly the same. Also the face is upturned a little.

Overall, doesn't exactly make me want to run out and buy this brand. (Not that it would fit me anyway..LOL..to the horror of the fashion industry, I have real womanly curves!)

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 8 2008, 12:44 PM)
I think I prefer her in the first one actually, she looks more mysterious...

Hello GG

bekloppt.gif

Anyone who prefers her in the 2nd photo is off their rocker.

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Dec 8 2008, 12:52 PM)
Old would not be the word I use for this..*winks* That word requires much swearing and cursing.

It also looks like they combined a different headshot of her as well. (..when you do this for a living..you pick up some visual cues..) Notice the eyes aren't looking in the same direction and the hair is not placed exactly the same. Also the face is upturned a little.

Overall, doesn't exactly make me want to run out and buy this brand. (Not that it would fit me anyway..LOL..to the horror of the fashion industry, I have real womanly curves!)

Yeah, I'm the same way.

I totally agree. It's interesting to look at ads of the past and see women (and sometimes men) with "flaws" that would be Photoshopped out today. PS is so ineptly used half the time, too. I was just ranting the other day about this pic of Britney Spears:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/edgyspice/britneyglam-thumb-420x572.jpg

I don't know what they did to her and why, but there is no way in hell her torso is actually that short.

I also think the left picture looks better - her hair looks greasy in the right pic...

Edgy, I can't see your picture of Britney..

Whenever I see these demonstrations of airbrushing/photoshopping, I almost always think the unretouched version looks better. I guess I just prefer it when people actually look like people.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Dec 8 2008, 11:38 PM)
Whenever I see these demonstrations of airbrushing/photoshopping, I almost always think the unretouched version looks better. I guess I just prefer it when people actually look like people.

I agree. There's an advertizing campaign over here at the moment by a company that makes shampoo and deodorant etc. (Dove) called "Campaign for real beauty" and they use real women as models.

They are all a normal shape and although they have clearly picked women with pleasing faces, they look real and it really does make you think we lesser mortals can look great without being size 8 (size 2 to you over there!) and seventeen years old!

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 8 2008, 12:59 PM)
I also think the left picture looks better - her hair looks greasy in the right pic...

Crap. How about this?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/edgyspice/britneyglam-thumb.jpg

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Dec 8 2008, 11:41 PM)

Crap. How about this?

no.gif confused13.gif

I can't even see it on your Photobucket...

QUOTE (rhyv @ Dec 8 2008, 06:45 PM)
I prefer seeing people as they are.

But everyone is "Photoshoped" nowadays. It's an horrible thing fashion industry making certain people believe in images that don't exist.

Me too. The way people look too skinny these days scares me. I can totally spot the airbrushing in magazine shoots. I'm pretty much a PS Guru and I know how to airbrush people but honestly I prefer when people look human.

Imperfections are attractions for me... if that makes me weird well then... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 8 2008, 04:54 PM)

Crap. How about this?

no.gif confused13.gif

Aargh! You know what, just check out this post-- this is where I got the pic from.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Dec 9 2008, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 8 2008, 04:54 PM)

Crap. How about this?

no.gif confused13.gif

Aargh! You know what, just check out this post-- this is where I got the pic from.

That one doesn't work either.. weird.. wacko.gif

QUOTE (rhyv @ Dec 8 2008, 04:45 PM)
I prefer seeing people as they are.

But everyone is "Photoshoped" nowadays. It's an horrible thing fashion industry making certain people believe in images that don't exist.

That's why there are so many eating disorders. We see images of what they think beauty is, it's just wrong.

Love that first pic. She looks much more natural.

The second does not appeal to me at all.

I love the softness of her hair, the eyes, and the overall look of the first.

The second is...

Quite unattractive.

Just looked again.

It hardly looks like the same woman!

There's no natural softness to the second pic.

And though the colour was, no doubt added to give a "warm" feel, it just looks "cold" to me.

I just don't like it. At all.

And yeah, I love the Dove "Real Beauty" ads.

Real women, Real Beauty.

Bravo!

I see they "slimmed" her thighs down in the second one by removing the natural demarcation between quads and hamstrings. eh.gif

I have that line and am rather proud of it. It means my legs are toned and in good shape. Or so I thought. According to these people, they're just fat. sarcasm.gif

Well, I can see the Glamour photo here, but I do know they try not to airbrush or keep it to a minimum. In fact, the Glamour blogs online themselves were blasting the Jessica Alba thing just as much as we are:

http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slave...h-victim-c.html

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 9 2008, 02:50 PM)
Well, I can see the Glamour photo here, but I do know they try not to airbrush or keep it to a minimum. In fact, the Glamour blogs online themselves were blasting the Jessica Alba thing just as much as we are:
http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slave...h-victim-c.html

"What kind of message are we sending to young women when even one of the world's most beautiful is not skinny enough? Do you guys think the fashion and modeling industries have fueled the image of the superskinny model as the only acceptable one? Have these freakishly unattainable standards of beauty risen from the catwalks and the advertisements of major fashion companies? Is nobody immune to the airbrush?"

Amen.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 9 2008, 02:32 PM)
I see they "slimmed" her thighs down in the second one by removing the natural demarcation between quads and hamstrings. eh.gif
I have that line and am rather proud of it. It means my legs are toned and in good shape. Or so I thought. According to these people, they're just fat. sarcasm.gif

I have that line too. It DOES mean your legs are toned.

People in general are nuttier than a Snickers bar.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 9 2008, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 9 2008, 02:32 PM)
I see they "slimmed" her thighs down in the second one by removing the natural demarcation between quads and hamstrings.  eh.gif
I have that line and am rather proud of it.  It means my legs are toned and in good shape.  Or so I thought.  According to these people, they're just fat. sarcasm.gif

I have that line too. It DOES mean your legs are toned.

People in general are nuttier than a Snickers bar.

Don't say "Snickers bar!" I'll eat one and it'll make me FAAAAAT!!!

Archived