Most beers you've ever consumed in one day?

barney_rebel

Most beers you've ever consumed in one day?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Most beers you've ever consumed in one day?

• 6 or more
    • 12 or more
    • 15 or more
    • 20 or more
    • 24 or more
    • more than 24

A southern lady does NOT get intoxicated off beer.

YEAH, right. biggrin.gif

I think the highest number of beers I've consumed in one day would be 8. Maybe 10. Ugh. My head hurts just thinking about it.

smile.gif

I hold the XU record for beer bong beers (6 in one funnel).

Record is actually 24 in an evenging on the beach partying at night in Cartagena over a period of about 6 hours. I would not recommend it. 062802puke_prv.gif Mixed Drinks, straight rum, beer...

Somewhere around 20 beers so I picked over 20. We were racing at our graduation party and I blacked out at 18, I heard I won the contest and I was told I drank at least 3 more after I blacked out. Yeah I know, stupid. laugh.gif

To be honest, I can't remember. I know it was at our local beer festival a few years ago (I know I was there, I've still got the commerative glass) and I remember deciding I was going to start at A and see how far through the alphabet I could get.

The rest of the evening is pretty blurred but I'm told I got to G.

I chose 12 or more. I am definately NOT a volume drinker, but over an entire Saturday I'm sure I've had 12 or more beers.. Any more than that and I wouldn't remember.

I had a friend in college who participated in a "24 beers in 24 hours contest". You had to drink one beer each hour for 24 hours. Drinking the beers was not the hard part. It was staying awake after around 18-19 hours!!! I did not participate but I remember waking him for his 20th beer.. He rolled over, threw up in a waste basket 062802puke_prv.gif chugged a beer and went back to sleep.. laugh.gif

• Like 1

Wow, for once I am in the majority response category of a poll. (15 or more).

Of course, I am not sure about that total, because by that point one has lost track of the amount of alcohol one has consumed anyway. My record might very well be in the 20 or more category, but I went conservative, with what I could definitely swear too.

Edited by Closer to the Heart

years ago, before ephedrine became illegal, I spent one helluva New Years by starting drinking (beer) when I got up and continued until I went to sleep the next morning about 7:00 a.m. I consumed over a case of beer, of course over a 24 hour period. It goes without saying that the ephedrine had a lot to do with it.

I'm glad I'm not that stupid anymore. laugh.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Mar 14 2005, 06:29 PM)
30, at Southern Illinois University's Springfest 1989.

Whoa, now that is a respectable amount of beer.

Of course, the larger question is what is the greatest quantity of alcohol one has consumed in a 24 hour period, and for my part the drink of choice has not usually been beer. (Relatively speaking, of course, which means that in the many years of alcohol abuse beer has been the outlet of expression only a minority of the time)

While it is hard to quantify beer drinking in the heavy episodes (by the way, Pedro, how do you come by that 30 beer figure? Was someone else keeping tally for you?) it is even harder to quantify that of wine or liquor. I never bothered to keep exact count, being more concerned with the subjective feeling of drunken inebriation than an objective count of alcohol consumed.

Suffice to say, A FRIGGIN LOT, many times overly so, to the point of worshipping the porcelain god. Nuff said.

If it wasn't for my friend drinking a few I would have polished off the whole case. My parakeet "JAKE' had died that day we had some great times together. he wub.gif it when I put on XANADU yes.gif . Anyway after I ran out of beer I started in on the "grand marnier" bad choice sad.gif The next day I had to be at work no exceptions, but their was no.gif way so I was fired. That night cool10.gif things couldn't have gotten any worse or at least for a while. The Broncos were beating my Raiders 24 to 0 at half time in Denver it was a lost cause or so I thought. But the raiders came back and won the game it was "exactly what I needed" at the time. Never pulled that sh** since trink39.gif

I think it was 21 once when I was in high school ... but it may have been more. It was the only time in my life that I blacked out and couldn't remember much after about 9PM ... but my friends let me know smile.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 15 2005, 10:35 AM)
I think it was 21 once when I was in high school ... but it may have been more. It was the only time in my life that I blacked out and couldn't remember much after about 9PM ... but my friends let me know smile.gif

You're lucky you didn't go to my high school you would have been bound, gagged and had your eyebrows shaved off, then thrown out on the front lawn naked tied to a tree. trink39.gif 1287.gif

When I first learned how to slam beer, I did about 6. This comes from a girl that gets drunk off of two beers. I think the beer slams is where you poke a hole in the bottom of the beer, and drink it, and then someone opens the top???