Question About Archives

Let The Fray Begin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Let The Fray Begin @ Feb 24 2005, 01:17 PM)
I know in Canada I have yet to see it on vinyl, in any stores I've looked, even the really nice ones downtown.

Really? There's perhaps 3 in my local record shop!! Some great 2.gif picture disks aswell. I will own them all one day cool.gif

Ebay Canada has the answers!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...ssPageName=WD1V

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Feb 24 2005, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Let The Fray Begin @ Feb 24 2005, 01:17 PM)
I know in Canada I have yet to see it on vinyl, in any stores I've looked, even the really nice ones downtown.

Really? There's perhaps 3 in my local record shop!! Some great 2.gif picture disks aswell. I will own them all one day cool.gif

Ebay Canada has the answers!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...ssPageName=WD1V

Wow. 5 bucks Canadian.

So much for my search tongue.gif

I just spent my alotted music fund for this current time period, though.. in two weeks I'll have to check back again tongue.gif

I found the archives set in my local record shop!! They have both of them!! I need to get some cash to get these collectable items of pure musical enjoyment! My current vinyl of RUSH only consists of RUSH and 2112, but the rest will follow since that record store has everything up to ASOH!!!! They even have HYF wrapped with poster!!!! yes.gif trink39.gif 2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Let The Fray Begin @ Feb 24 2005, 02:48 PM)
You guys have some seriously nice record shops. The majority of record stores in my area cater to the punks in our area (We have a very large underground punk following).

Well, at least I know their not impossible to find now smile.gif

I think your record shops need to sort out their priorities!

I bought Archives as my first record cause i couldn't find 2.gif or Fly By Night at the time.

The next record I shall be buying will be Permanent Waves, The first released version if I can find it!

You're local stores have got to be better than ours here in Mansfield. In the Rush section, last time I looked, they had Rio, Retro 1 and Different Stages.

At the same time, they had at least five racks full of OK Computer by Radiohead.

Am I being cynical in thinking that both the store (HMV) and Radiohead's label (Parlophone) are both part of the EMI group?

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 25 2005, 12:27 PM)
You're local stores have got to be better than ours here in Mansfield. In the Rush section, last time I looked, they had Rio, Retro 1 and Different Stages.

At the same time, they had at least five racks full of OK Computer by Radiohead.

Am I being cynical in thinking that both the store (HMV) and Radiohead's label (Parlophone) are both part of the EMI group?

Capitalism in effect, my friend, no way around it sad.gif

QUOTE (Let The Fray Begin @ Feb 25 2005, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 25 2005, 12:27 PM)
You're local stores have got to be better than ours here in Mansfield.  In the Rush section, last time I looked, they had Rio, Retro 1 and Different Stages.

Capitalism in effect, my friend, no way around it sad.gif

Especially when EMI and Sony are involved

To get a decent selection of Rush CD's, you really do need to get to the BIG HMV's. I got most of my early stuff (Fly By Night, All The World's A Stage, Hemispheres) from the HMV in London the day after I saw them live cause the CD selection here in norfolk isnt great either! My local HMV usually has Rio, Feedback, 2112, Retrospective and perhaps Exit Stage Left.

Its quite odd how I can get a better vinyl selection than CD selection! confused13.gif Last time I went to my nearest vinyl shop they had all but Rush, FLy Ny Night, Hold Your Fire and Presto.

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Feb 25 2005, 02:16 PM)
To get a decent selection of Rush CD's, you really do need to get to the BIG HMV's. I got most of my early stuff (Fly By Night, All The World's A Stage, Hemispheres) from the HMV in London the day after I saw them live cause the CD selection here in norfolk isnt great either! My local HMV usually has Rio, Feedback, 2112, Retrospective and perhaps Exit Stage Left.
Its quite odd how I can get a better vinyl selection than CD selection! confused13.gif Last time I went to my nearest vinyl shop they had all but Rush, FLy Ny Night, Hold Your Fire and Presto.

Aye, I have no problems getting Rush on CD.

Its vinyl where I have difficulty smile.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Feb 23 2005, 08:40 PM)
I would love to get Archives on vinyl for my collection. trink39.gif

First Rush record I ever bought still have it, would like to own it on CD new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I own a copy of Archives that my dad's fiancee gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. She also gave me ESL on vinyl. She'd had them since she was really young. They sound great through my stereo.... 1022.gif

I used to have Archives when I first got into Rush and there was very minimal packaging. It was a gatefold sleeve with Rush in one section and FBN and CoS in the other. As far as I recall, the inside of the fold has very basic information on the two albums and pictures Ged, Al and Neil - I can't remember if there was one of John. And that was it.

As far as vinyl is concerned, the albums released on Mercury with the grey cover are pretty easy to find on ebay and many of them never get any bids. If no picture is provided with the item description you should always ask the seller what color the cover is. This is how I got my Archives in the BLACK cover on Anthem records. The black covers are pretty rare these days and if you ever see one....grab it!

I got mine from a guy on ebay who had no idea there were two different colored covers for Archives. He was offering a "Buy It Now" price but there was no photo of the album. I asked him what color the cover was, he responded within minutes. When he said "Black", I clicked to buy and boy, what a score!

QUOTE (Patty @ Feb 26 2005, 04:43 AM)
The black covers are pretty rare these days and if you ever see one....grab it!

Well you learn something new everyday!

Mines just the regular gray version and Slaine mac Roth's description is bang on.

It lists Rutsey's name under the first album, but there are only pics of Geddy, Alex, and Neil.

Arvhives was my 3rd Rush purchase after Hemispheres and 2112. I loved Rush and Fly By Night but it took me a good few plays to get into Caress.

I now think Caress is a great album - sometimes its worth putting in the effort.

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Feb 27 2005, 03:49 PM)
I loved Rush and Fly By Night but it took me a good few plays to get into Caress.

I now think Caress is a great album - sometimes its worth putting in the effort.

Yeah thats how I was. However now I just want to listen to The Necromancer over and over again wink.gif

Archived