I Need Help!! Please??!!

afansince74

Sorry to post in the 'Womens' section, but I thought this would be the place to go for help. Some of you know my wife, MagicWand, and know that she's my 'silent partner' here. She's never been in any kind of forum or chat before. She's interested in what goes on here, but she won't commit to any time to get on the board. In the few times she has posted stuff, I've always been there, it's usually short, and she's always unsure of exactly what to type. I thought if some of you would 'encourage' her along a bit, I might get her to start logging on here, just a few times a week to start, maybe. I don't know. If she just got a little involved, she might get hooked like the rest of us! I know we can't force her to be here, but some 'gentle proding' (from someone other than me) might get her 'into it' enough that she might hang around more often!

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out here for anyone who might have any other suggestions for me, or who might want to 'talk' to her here and encourage her! She WILL be reading this... I will force her to do at least that! laugh.gif (Yea... big talk for the big man when she's not around laugh.gif ..... we all know she'll read what she wants when she wants! icon_really_happy_guy.gif Damn, this dress is tight... wonder how my pants fit on Susan?!! rofl3.gif )

Any help by any of the many wonderful New World Women here on TRF would be most appreciated. You guys are great, and I'd love to see MagicWand with that banner on her posts one day. Thanks, in advance! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Bryan

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 21 2005, 08:52 AM)
Sorry to post in the 'Womens' section, but I thought this would be the place to go for help.  Some of you know my wife, MagicWand, and know that she's my 'silent partner' here.  She's never been in any kind of forum or chat before. She's interested in what goes on here, but she won't commit to any time to get on the board.  In the few times she has posted stuff, I've always been there, it's usually short, and she's always unsure of exactly what to type.  I thought if some of you would 'encourage' her along a bit, I might get her to start logging on here, just a few times a week to start, maybe.  I don't know.  If she just got a little involved, she might get hooked like the rest of us!  I know we can't force her to be here, but some 'gentle proding' (from someone other than me) might get her 'into it' enough that she might hang around more often!
Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out here for anyone who might have any other suggestions for me, or who might want to 'talk' to her here and encourage her!  She WILL be reading this... I will force her to do at least that! laugh.gif (Yea... big talk for the big man when she's not around laugh.gif ..... we all know she'll read what she wants when she wants! icon_really_happy_guy.gif Damn, this dress is tight... wonder how my pants fit on Susan?!! rofl3.gif )
Any help by any of the many wonderful New World Women here on TRF would be most appreciated.  You guys are great, and I'd love to see MagicWand with that banner on her posts one day.  Thanks, in advance! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Bryan

Hey Susan,

Grab a cuppa coffee, tea, whatever & come say hello smile.gif

This is an open invitation to join us and add your 2 cents worth.

Tell us what your interests are...

Rhi

(edit: PS. Red Green Rules!)

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Feb 21 2005, 09:47 AM)
Come on down, as Johnny Olsen used to say. smile.gif

Gotta a lotta nice pictures in this forum. drool1.gif

SB, did you get my latest hockey pics?

Rhi

Hey Susan,

You did fine on this post. That is all we are about here. Just a group of people that came together through a common interest and formed our own little community. Come on in and have a look around. I'm sure you will find something interesting. bekloppt.gif

Susan...take your time, dearie, and decide if this seems fun to you. smile.gif THAT being said....COME ON, G'FRIEND!!! Just a little over a year ago, I had never even heard of internet bulletin boards. My lust, erm...INTEREST in Neil Peart surged after reading his book, and I was hooked. Now I've made friends that I'll have for the rest of my life.

Hey there everyone! I love all your posts. You are all so funny. And by the way Dweez, I am drugged and sitting in a chair. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And I must say, GG, that I too think Neil is a hottie!! yes.gif See the thing is Bryan (AFS74) is on this thing ALL THE TIME after he gets home from work. No, no, just kidding. He is fantastic. I am usually a pretty shy person at first. Till I get to know ya, then I am okay. HMMMM... thinking what to write here..... biggrin.gif Lets see, how about hobbie type stuff. I Love romance novels , selling stuff on Ebay and cooking. Bryan and Lauryn, my 5 yr. old, are my life. Speaking of AFS74, do you all know that I used to be married to HIS best friend of 25 years, and when he died, Bryan and I had some wonderful phone calls and we fell in love 700 miles away from eachother. Then he turned down a huge raise and new truck at work and moved here (AR) to be with me. Yipee me cheer.gif

I promise to write more on the board, I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the boardI promise to write more on the boardI promise to write more on the boardI promise to write more on the board common001.gif

this will make my honey happy. sarcasm.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (MagicWand @ Feb 21 2005, 08:42 PM)
And I must say, GG, that I too think Neil is a hottie!! yes.gif

Well, hon...you're all set. Join me and the other Neil nymphs, as we drool1.gif and giggle, enjoy the best band in the world, and share one another's ups and downs.

smile.gif

GG

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 21 2005, 10:32 PM)
And I must say, GG, that I too think Neil is a hottie!!  yes.gif

Well, hon...you're all set. Join me and the other Neil nymphs, as we drool1.gif and giggle, enjoy the best band in the world, and share one another's ups and downs.

smile.gif

GG

OH GREAT! unsure.gif Now I gotta 'contend' with Neil? sad.gif How am I supposed to do that? confused13.gif GG, how does YOUR hubby 'compete' with Neil?? I think I might need your assistance here! I'm only asking you because you started this! laugh.gif Oh well, if she's gonna drool, I guess I can't complain since it is, after all, one of the boys! Ahh heck, I ain't worried about "the little drummer boy" there! I mean hey, I may not be able to play the drums like Neil (or ANYBODY, for that matter!), but I have no problems "keeping the rhythm" if you know what I mean! smile.gif

And thanks everybody! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I think Susan was a little embarrassed that I started this thread, but you guys came through, as I knew you would. She replied to a few other posts before she had to log off, but was laughing and saying stuff like, "Oh, I gotta read this..." and stuff, so it's a good start. I really couldn't have done it without all your help! Now we'll see if she comes in here all by herself, like while I'm at work or something. confused13.gif

BTW... nice "intro" post honey! wub.gif (and yes, I caught the 'dig' there at the end!)

QUOTE (MagicWand @ Feb 21 2005, 09:42 PM)
Hey there everyone! I love all your posts. You are all so funny. And by the way Dweez, I am drugged and sitting in a chair. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And I must say, GG, that I too think Neil is a hottie!! yes.gif See the thing is Bryan (AFS74) is on this thing ALL THE TIME after he gets home from work. No, no, just kidding. He is fantastic. I am usually a pretty shy person at first. Till I get to know ya, then I am okay. HMMMM... thinking what to write here..... biggrin.gif Lets see, how about hobbie type stuff. I Love romance novels , selling stuff on Ebay and cooking. Bryan and Lauryn, my 5 yr. old, are my life. Speaking of AFS74, do you all know that I used to be married to HIS best friend of 25 years, and when he died, Bryan and I had some wonderful phone calls and we fell in love 700 miles away from eachother. Then he turned down a huge raise and new truck at work and moved here (AR) to be with me. Yipee me cheer.gif
I promise to write more on the board, I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the board,I promise to write more on the boardI promise to write more on the boardI promise to write more on the boardI promise to write more on the board common001.gif
this will make my honey happy. sarcasm.gif laugh.gif

bekloppt.gif Good to have you around!!

Speaking of AFS74, do you all know that I used to be married to HIS best friend of 25 years, and when he died, Bryan and I had some wonderful phone calls and we fell in love 700 miles away from eachother. Then he turned down a huge raise and new truck at work and moved here (AR) to be with me. Yipee me cheer.gif

Yeah, you might want to check the movie thread. The stories in there and is currently being submitted to various film companies...

Speaking of AFS74, do you all know that I used to be married to HIS best friend of 25 years, and when he died, Bryan and I had some wonderful phone calls and we fell in love 700 miles away from eachother. Then he turned down a huge raise and new truck at work and moved here (AR) to be with me. Yipee me cheer.gif

I can relate to falling in love from a distance. smile.gif Has your hubby told you me and Chasy's story? smile.gif wub.gif

We're glad you're here.

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Feb 22 2005, 10:02 AM)

I can relate to falling in love from a distance. smile.gif Has your hubby told you me and Chasy's story? smile.gif wub.gif

We're glad you're here.

Just a little bit. But I would like to know more. You know how some guys can be with not giving enough detail about that kinda thing. wink.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 22 2005, 12:31 AM)

Yeah, you might want to check the movie thread. The stories in there and is currently being submitted to various film companies...

You gotta give me a little bit of a break. biggrin.gif I am a bit new here. tongue.gif

sorry for all the sap. wub.gif can't help it though, Love our story and thinks its unique. yes.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 21 2005, 11:01 PM)
OH GREAT! unsure.gif Now I gotta 'contend' with Neil? sad.gif How am I supposed to do that? confused13.gif GG, how does YOUR hubby 'compete' with Neil?? I think I might need your assistance here! I'm only asking you because you started this! laugh.gif Oh well, if she's gonna drool, I guess I can't complain since it is, after all, one of the boys! Ahh heck, I ain't worried about "the little drummer boy" there! I mean hey, I may not be able to play the drums like Neil (or ANYBODY, for that matter!), but I have no problems "keeping the rhythm" if you know what I mean! smile.gif

rofl3.gif Afan!!! biggrin.gif

How do you contend with Neil? You don't. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

My spouse gave up a while ago. He calls Neil my "boyfriend." wink.gif

Honestly...like you said, if we're gonna drool, at least we picked a really cool guy to drool over.

No worries...let Susan drool, it's harmless. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 22 2005, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 21 2005, 11:01 PM)
OH GREAT!  unsure.gif  Now I gotta 'contend' with Neil? sad.gif  How am I supposed to do that? confused13.gif  GG, how does YOUR hubby 'compete' with Neil??  I think I might need your assistance here!  I'm only asking you because you started this! laugh.gif Oh well, if she's gonna drool, I guess I can't complain since it is, after all, one of the boys!  Ahh heck, I ain't worried about "the little drummer boy" there!  I mean hey, I may not be able to play the drums like Neil (or ANYBODY, for that matter!), but I have no problems "keeping the rhythm" if you know what I mean! smile.gif 

rofl3.gif Afan!!! biggrin.gif

How do you contend with Neil? You don't. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

My spouse gave up a while ago. He calls Neil my "boyfriend." wink.gif

Honestly...like you said, if we're gonna drool, at least we picked a really cool guy to drool over.

No worries...let Susan drool, it's harmless. smile.gif

They drool!! So why can't we? Its too fun anyway. yes.gif And there isn't a better specimen around. You just HAVE to say that yes Neil is VERY YUMMY!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yes, ma'am, he is the yummiest. wink.gif

Let me direct you to my newest entry in the "Neil is hot" thread, for your viewing enjoyment. biggrin.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=109826

Hey there everyone! I love all your posts. You are all so funny. And by the way Dweez, I am drugged and sitting in a chair.

Hey AFS74!!! I thought all your drugs were for your oral surgery; not to force MW onto TRF!!

Well - whatever works.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Archived