i'm pissed

daveyt

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 21 2005, 02:50 AM)
on the AFTK TOUR rush must have been a lot of fun to watch on really good nights. i suspect they were THE professional band at that point to work with. man it must have been awesome

I hear ya daveyt...i'm listening to cd 3 of different stages and wished I could've seen that show live.... 2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 21 2005, 02:56 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 21 2005, 02:50 AM)
on the AFTK TOUR rush must have been a lot of fun to watch on really good nights. i suspect they were THE professional band at that point to work with. man it must have been awesome

I hear ya daveyt...i'm listening to cd 3 of different stages and wished I could've seen that show live.... 2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

to bad you didn't have an older brother with the HOOK-UP yes.gif

It was awesome then! I was just 15. Had no idea what I was in for with Rush. And, BTW, my 2 'go-to' cds for that era are disc 3 from DS and of course, ATWAS. It was a really cool time then. You had no clue as to what was coming down the road with these guys... you just hoped that they'd come around again... and they did... again and again! Thank God! They've never been a disapointment and, in fact, have ALWAYS exceeded themselves with each subsequent tour. I've said it before, as others here have too, they just keep getting better as time goes by! So, although that period in time is lost forever, this one isn't, and there's more promising stuff on the horizon... so chin up Davey... if you weren't old enough to have seen them then, well, there was nothing you could have done anyway, and if you just 'missed out' on the show, then oh well, you catch 'em next tour! That's how I've had to do it! And unfortunately, I have missed a number of shows over the years that I regret, but a-new-one's-a-comin' real soon for us all and with it, all in the past is forgotten! Clean slate for everyone next year!!! WooHoo 653.gif trink39.gif

My first was Tour of the Hemispheres in '78. I saw them at Manchester Apollo (a proper theatre) and that show was awesome. I remember them playing Hemispheres then ...it was cool 653.gif common001.gif

Hmm, let's see. I saw them on the 2112 tour, ATWAS, AFTK, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, & Permanent Waves tours. I may have seen the Signals tour also but I'm not positive.

Every show was better than the one before. I don't think they ever had an off night.

Ya want p*ssed?

Try having become a fan just AFTER the Counterparts tour went through your part of the country ...

So my first real live experience of Rush was T4E tour. On the other hand, I've never had to put up with half of my "Evening With Rush" being taken up by some opening act.

R-B

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Feb 21 2005, 05:46 PM)
On the other hand, I've never had to put up with half of my "Evening With Rush" being taken up by some opening act.

R-B

The first few Rush shows I saw, they WERE the opening act!

Can you believe they opened for Blue Oyster Cult & Styx?

QUOTE (pete @ the old guy,Feb 21 2005, 06:23 PM)

Barely. Just barely.

The one I canNOT seem to wrap my brain around is the very NOTION that they ever opened for

pokey.gif

wacko.gif ????? KISS ????? wacko.gif

pokey.gif

R-B

wacko.gif

I saw them on Moving Pictures and as far as I'm concerned that is when they were at their peak. I have a few boots from earlier shows and they rocked but I heard quite a few mistakes. I'm not pissed at all.

QUOTE (pete, the old guy @ Feb 21 2005, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Feb 21 2005, 05:46 PM)
On the other hand, I've never had to put up with half of my "Evening With Rush" being taken up by some opening act.

R-B

The first few Rush shows I saw, they WERE the opening act!

I saw Styx in 1979 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. I've been to tons of concerts too. In the mid to late 70's, Styx was awesome.

I would like to have seen the T4E tour, but I can handle not having done so. I became a fan around the turn of the millenium and I know I would have severely regretted not seeing the VT tour. I got into them when they were basically a dead band, so when I heard they were going to release an album and tour, that just blew my mind.

Atleast you guys have seen them in concert... I've been a fan for about 6 months, and wasent allowed to go to Toronto to see them

QUOTE (rushengal @ Feb 22 2005, 08:28 PM)
Atleast you guys have seen them in concert... I've been a fan for about 6 months, and wasent allowed to go to Toronto to see them

2.gif there'll be around?

I began seeing Rush live during the Signals tour, but I kick myself for not discovering the band earlier.

But I've formulating a short story that I'll be penning (for my own amusement) about a time-traveling fan who makes his way back to the beginnings of the band to witness each and every performance the boys ever played.

Talk about a dream come true, huh?

If I actually ever finish this short story, I'll post it on my Tribute Site as well as on this forum.

Gotta be worth a chuckle or two.

Or not smile.gif

-John

I never got to see new Rush either tongue.gif I had only started getting into them when they hit Vancouver last......... I'm hoping they'll give Vancouver a stab one more time! If they came to Washington State or even maybe Oregon I might consider going too, but after previous border-crossing experiences I try to limit the trips I make....

"Do you have any fruits or vegetables with you?"

"No sir!"

"Please drive your car to the inspection lane...."

My first concert was the RTB tour. I got into them in HS - but wasn't allowed to go to "Rock" concerts until I was away in college. I couldn't even see The Hooters (Hey - it was the 80's and I was HS - what do you want?!?!) when they played 5 min. from my house. The only "Rock" concerts I saw was some christian rock band (with the church youth group), and the Beach Boys (5 min. away from the house, and my best friend's dad took us).

Well, I can (and DO!) listen to ATWAS as often as I like!

Archived