New album for 2006?

Grand Designs

QUOTE (Grand Designs @ Feb 18 2005, 07:49 PM)
I was just on an AC/DC forum and one of the people there said that Rush is planning an album for 2006. If this has been discussed already, I apologize for bring it up again. Has anybody else heard this?

A/SHE, D/SHE? (native accent) kidding really....

I heard they were in the studio as we speak? yes? no?

QUOTE (Delilah @ Feb 18 2005, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (Grand Designs @ Feb 18 2005, 07:49 PM)
I was just on an AC/DC forum and one of the people there said that Rush is planning an album for 2006. If this has been discussed already, I apologize for bring it up again. Has anybody else heard this?

A/SHE, D/SHE? (native accent) kidding really....

I heard they were in the studio as we speak? yes? no?

Your guess is as good as mine.

the boys do plan on heading into the studio in the spring or summer, and given the slow pace they have worked at recently in the studio, I would say 2006 is probably a pretty accurate guess. I would think late, late 2005, like December, at the earliest.

QUOTE (Grand Designs @ Feb 18 2005, 08:03 PM)
That's still remarkable compared to the long breaks that they took after Counterparts and Test For Echo. They've been really active lately, which is great. I wonder what's with the sudden burst of energy?

Well, don't forget, the break after T4E was due to Neil losing his wife and his daughter. The boys didn't know if they would ever play again. But you are correct about the pace since VT was released, they have been very active, thank goodness. 653.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

I wouldnt bet too much on what was said at the AC/DC board to be 100% truth. As far as any of us fans know, and we would probably hear about what is going on with them much faster then at other places, they are still on a break. I did remember hearing though they wanted to take a break till the new year and begin working on it soon after, so that means they could be planning on going back into the studio at any point now. Hopefully that is true (though dont bet on what I say, I'm just spreading rumors)

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 18 2005, 08:19 PM)
I wouldnt bet too much on what was said at the AC/DC board to be 100% truth. As far as any of us fans know, and we would probably hear about what is going on with them much faster then at other places, they are still on a break. I did remember hearing though they wanted to take a break till the new year and begin working on it soon after, so that means they could be planning on going back into the studio at any point now. Hopefully that is true (though dont bet on what I say, I'm just spreading rumors)

tongue.gif

I forgot to mention that the person that said that is a big time Rush nut. He goes by the name Spirit Of The Radio and comes here every once in a while. Me and him are always starting Rush discussions on there. I don't think that he would say something like that unless he heard it from somewhere else that was atleast somewhat credible.

QUOTE (Grand Designs @ Feb 18 2005, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 18 2005, 08:19 PM)
I wouldnt bet too much on what was said at the AC/DC board to be 100% truth.  As far as any of us fans know, and we would probably hear about what is going on with them much faster then at other places, they are still on a break.  I did remember hearing though they wanted to take a break till the new year and begin working on it soon after, so that means they could be planning on going back into the studio at any point now.  Hopefully that is true (though dont bet on what I say, I'm just spreading rumors)

tongue.gif

I forgot to mention that the person that said that is a big time Rush nut. He goes by the name Spirit Of The Radio and comes here every once in a while. Me and him are always starting Rush discussions on there. I don't think that he would say something like that unless he heard it from somewhere else that was atleast somewhat credible.

from all of the rumors I have heard, they do plan on heading into the studio early this year to begin recording the new album. That's coming from a number of different sources that can't claim any official connection with the band, but it's all we've got until we see that "official" update to Rush.com

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 18 2005, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (Grand Designs @ Feb 18 2005, 08:03 PM)
That's still remarkable compared to the long breaks that they took after Counterparts and Test For Echo. They've been really active lately, which is great. I wonder what's with the sudden burst of energy?

Well, don't forget, the break after T4E was due to Neil losing his wife and his daughter. The boys didn't know if they would ever play again. But you are correct about the pace since VT was released, they have been very active, thank goodness. 653.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

Yeah Neil did go through some bad shit back then. It really takes something to be able to rebound like Neil did. I don't really know what else to say about that you know.

ooh, sounds super!! biggrin.gif let's keep our fingers crossed..

i heard on another forum (yes, a RUSH forum) that they're planning another album for release in early '06, then possibly a tour for it..which would RULE, considering i neeeeeeeeeeeeed to see them live again!! biggrin.gif

ALL EPICS! tongue.gif

Let's hope, anyway biggrin.gif

Who knows what weird concauction they'll be bringing out this time?!

Archived