Check these guys out

_pete_

I found this on another forum and was very pleasantly suprised. Not many cover bands do Rush material very well. These guys are very good. The only nitpick I have is the vocals but who can really pull off Geddy's voice?

I've been toying with the idea of forming a Rush tribute band but it's hard to find players that can handle it. I can do the guitar work without any problem but the bass & vocals are hard to find.

Anyways, here is the link. Check out their other tunes, too.

http://www.chargeworld.com/covers.htm

QUOTE (pete @ the old guy,Feb 18 2005, 05:42 PM)
...but who can really pull off Geddy's voice?...

You rang?

653.gif

All naked immodesty aside, this is a great band based down in Vegas, headed up by a guy named Mark. They have an opening for singer, which I strongly considered, but I can't commit because I have too extensive a travel schedule this year. His other band (can't remember the name) played a couple of Rush-only shows in Vegas that were very well-received (I think with the same singer that's on the Charge mp3s).

Agreed that (except for vocals) these guys do Rush very well. Certainly better than anyone here in NoCal - including my own band.

AM Rush

QUOTE (amrush @ Feb 19 2005, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (pete @  the old guy,Feb 18 2005, 05:42 PM)
...but who can really pull off Geddy's voice?...

You rang?

653.gif

All naked immodesty aside, this is a great band based down in Vegas, headed up by a guy named Mark. They have an opening for singer, which I strongly considered, but I can't commit because I have too extensive a travel schedule this year. His other band (can't remember the name) played a couple of Rush-only shows in Vegas that were very well-received (I think with the same singer that's on the Charge mp3s).

Agreed that (except for vocals) these guys do Rush very well. Certainly better than anyone here in NoCal - including my own band.

AM Rush

Very cool! CygnusX1Bk2 here is also in a Rush Tribute band trink39.gif

Welcome to the board! trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Feb 19 2005, 11:30 AM)

Welcome to the board!  trink39.gif

Thx.

bekloppt.gif

AM Rush

QUOTE (pete, the old guy @ Feb 18 2005, 05:42 PM)
I found this on another forum and was very pleasantly suprised. Not many cover bands do Rush material very well. These guys are very good. The only nitpick I have is the vocals but who can really pull off Geddy's voice?

I've been toying with the idea of forming a Rush tribute band but it's hard to find players that can handle it. I can do the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=23&k=guitar" onmouseover="window.status='guitar'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">guitar</a> work without any problem but the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=23&k=bass%20amp" onmouseover="window.status='bass &'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">bass &</a>; vocals are hard to find.

Anyways, here is the link. Check out their other tunes, too.

Awesome!!

These guys really like great bands biggrin.gif

By the way, Pete, I've made my way to being able to play MOST of Rush's bass lines... not perfected, but close biggrin.gif

AM Rush

Thanks for the link, they do sound good. If you live near the SF Bay Area you should check out Trilogy, they are a Rush cover band & they are really good. I am not in the band, but one of our members here is (CygnusX1bk2).

IMO they are actually better as the singer gets closer to Geddy's vooice. They are playing March 19th at Bourbon St in Concord. They play some obscure tunes too, last time they played TIme & Motion.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 20 2005, 07:48 PM)

Awesome!!

By the way, Pete, I've made my way to being able to play MOST of Rush's bass lines... not perfected, but close biggrin.gif

Mustn't.. be.. green with envy. Steel Rat is our friend. I'm not insanely jealous haha no! I'm happy for him! Happy Mr. Rat can play all the Rush songs on bass and I can't play one yet. Happy! rofl3.gif

My hat goes off to you Rat, that's quite a feat - congrats!!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 21 2005, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 20 2005, 07:48 PM)

Awesome!!

Mustn't.. be.. green with envy. Steel Rat is our friend. I'm not insanely jealous haha no! I'm happy for him! Happy Mr. Rat can play all the Rush songs on bass and I can't play one yet. Happy! rofl3.gif

My hat goes off to you Rat, that's quite a feat - congrats!!

cool.gif

Schro

Gee, Thank's Schro blush4.gif

You shouldn't envy me, though. I don't know how you manage to pull off those word scrambles and riddles wacko.gif

I don't know... I think my Brother's band performed La Villa Strangiato WAY better than these guys...

Maybe there just wasn't enough bass? confused13.gif

QUOTE (pete @ the old guy,Feb 18 2005, 02:42 PM)

I've been toying with the idea of forming a Rush tribute band but it's hard to find players that can handle it. I can do the guitar work without any problem but the bass & vocals are hard to find.

So where are you located, how long have you personally been playing, and what material would you consider trying to play in a tribute?

Always curious about the ambitions of fellow Rush fans that consider trying to ramp up a tribute....

AM Rush

I'm in Dayton, Ohio. I've been playing for *cough*30 years*cough*.

I was in a big hair band until '88. I got married, settled down, etc. and really didn't play much until a year or so ago. (divorce=freedom!)

I still kick myself for selling my Charvels and Marshalls.

I got the rust worked off and recently bought some new gear.

As far as Rush stuff, I can play any of it and like all of it. The fun part is dialing in the right sound. Alex went through a ton of gear and his tone is different on damn near every song.

I found your website and you do sound really good. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (pete, the old guy @ Feb 22 2005, 04:33 PM)

I found your website and you do sound really good. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Much obliged. What's the scene like in Dayton for cover/tribute bands? Can older guys still get out there into venues and rock without a big hassle?

I only spent time in OH once in my life; 1 week hanging out in Canton-Massillon (sp?) in 1991 with an Army buddy. I found it to be a very rock-friendly place. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif It reminded me a bit of how Aurora IL is depicted in a certain early-90s movie starring Wayne...

AM Rush

If any of you are interested in seeing a good Rush tribute, come out to The Lost & Found Saloon, 1353 Grant Ave, San Francisco on March 11. The Rush Project is the opener, and will take the stage at about 9:00pm. You won't be disappointed. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (MsBehave @ Feb 22 2005, 06:25 PM)
If any of you are interested in seeing a good Rush tribute, come out to The Lost & Found Saloon, 1353 Grant Ave, San Francisco on March 11.  The Rush Project is the opener, and will take the stage at about 9:00pm.  You won't be disappointed.  applaudit.gif

Hey! That's the night before Moonrakers birthday party....also in Frisco. hmmm...

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Feb 22 2005, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (MsBehave @ Feb 22 2005, 06:25 PM)
If any of you are interested in seeing a good Rush tribute, come out to The Lost & Found Saloon, 1353 Grant Ave, San Francisco on March 11.  The Rush Project is the opener, and will take the stage at about 9:00pm.  You won't be disappointed.  applaudit.gif

Hey! That's the night before Moonrakers birthday party....also in Frisco. hmmm...

A few Counterparts members will be going! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Come join us! common001.gif cheer.gif 653.gif

Archived